Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old Dec 5th 2019, 8:14 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
The matriarchy has perpetuated advantages for women for decades, it's about time we had equality in the way people were treated.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 8:58 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

That would be an issue between her and any employer, not her and the tax (NI) payer.

25 years ago women were told that the sexist position of allowing them to retire years earlier was going to be phased out, it now is being and they don't like it.
Oooo. That little topic isn't quite so cut and dried as that Cape Blue. Made me smile a bit though.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

The matriarchy has perpetuated advantages for women for decades, it's about time we had equality in the way people were treated.
... You see? This is what I mean about your old school attitudes CB.
Instead of approaching your point in a gender neutral way you go straight for the supposed difference, apportion blame, and claim something undefined in terms of improvement be done about it.
(If Labour win, you'll be able to apply for a Personal Retraining & Modernisation Grant y'know)
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:05 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Oooo. That little topic isn't quite so cut and dried as that Cape Blue. Made me smile a bit though.
That's a positive at least.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:09 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... You see? This is what I mean about your old school attitudes CB.
Instead of approaching your point in a gender neutral way you go straight for the supposed difference, apportion blame, and claim something undefined be in terms of improvement be done about it.
(If Labour win, you'll be able to apply for a Personal Retraining & Modernisation Grant y'know)
How can you approach a point about sexism in a "gender neutral way"?

If Labour win
Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:28 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

If Labour win
This sort of thing's being stored up, you know.

Ami's already given a Labour win the kiss of life.

Old Dec 5th 2019, 9:46 pm
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
This sort of thing's being stored up, you know.

Ami's already given a Labour win the kiss of life.
The golden double is just around the corner!
Old Dec 6th 2019, 7:46 am
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

The golden double is just around the corner!
Best. Christmas. Ever.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:22 am
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

How can you approach a point about sexism in a "gender neutral way"?

If Labour win
You start by, perhaps, saying that 25 years ago a section of the population was/ was not, given clear information about retirement and consequently, pensions.
You don't use inflammatory terms like matriarchy.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:27 am
Democracy advocate

You start by, perhaps, saying that 25 years ago a section of the population was/ was not, given clear information about retirement and consequently, pensions.
You don't use inflammatory terms like matriarchy.
They were given clear information - it was in all the papers and in the budget. The Gov doesn't write to people individually each time it changes something in the budget, between removing the indexation of CGT and the corporation tax-free allowance governments have cost me a chunk of change over the years, but they didn't write to me specifically about it.

These women just want to perpetuate the misandrist pension situation for them and them only.

The matriarchy, just like the supposed patriarchy, are just normal terms to describe society.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:31 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Oh boy.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:39 am
BE Forum Addict

They were given clear information - it was in all the papers and in the budget. The Gov doesn't write to people individually each time it changes something in the budget, between removing the indexation of CGT and the corporation tax-free allowance governments have cost me a chunk of change over the years, but they didn't write to me specifically about it.
These women just want to perpetuate the misandrist pension situation for them and them only.
The matriarchy, just like the supposed patriarchy, are just normal terms to describe society.
There you go again !!!!!
Tell me, do you go around using that type of language at business meetings, to your funders, clients perhaps ??? Hells teeth CB!
How in God's name have you ever avoided an Industrial/Employment Tribunal to date. Its like reading something from the rules of an Edwardian Gentleman's Club......
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:49 am
Who - me?

Hey, Bluey - you got some bites on this thread
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:51 am
Democracy advocate

There you go again !!!!!
Tell me, do you go around using that type of language at business meetings, to your funders, clients perhaps ??? Hells teeth CB!
How in God's name have you ever avoided an Industrial/Employment Tribunal to date. Its like reading something from the rules of an Edwardian Gentleman's Club......
Misandrist/misogynist are perfectly normal terms, just like matriarchy/patriarchy?

If I'd said "these birds just want it both ways, have their cake and eat it, time they got back to the kitchen" then you might have a point, but as I haven't and have merely discussed them wanting to perpetuate the matriarchy via this misandrist position, there is no justification for that.

Not often in a business setting does one have that type of conversation with customers.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 8:58 am
Democracy advocate

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Hey, Bluey - you got some bites on this thread
Certainly the pension issue is an aside, but one worth discussing as Labour are offering a circa £60Bn bribe about it.

Ami is on ignore so I don't see what crazed stuff she is posting, otherwise I thought the uptake on the point somewhat low.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.