Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:16 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
well I did ponder this about a year ago if you look back. However, having got that 11million people on ID cards, that as far as the private firm is concerned, is 11 million data sets for sale post Exit.... And please don't tell me about the EU data protection that the UK so grudgingly had to enact..... That'll be going post Exit, count on that. So you see, Democracy really is for sale.
To dump this EU data protection would be a positive point of Brexit. It drives me nuts trying to process online payment under this new authentication rule. Plus all the other restrictions.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:30 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Which company made the offer? I can't find anything on a quick search.
Seems to have been an airy claim by "a government source" that local councils could provide free voter id :
Government sources have reportedly said that voters without the required documentation would be able to apply for a free “electoral ID” from their local council.
Conservatives accused of suppressing voters' rights over leaked photo ID plans

I wouldn't have thought any private company would be stepping in to do that for nothing. Mind you, if there's to be a snap election, are local councils properly informed, geared up and financed to provide the service, either?

And the article rightly raises concerns, given the very small scale of fraud on that front. Plenty of other more important electoral wrongdoing to right before that, I'd have thought.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Let's not go all Priti Patel.

I say make them go and work on zero hours contracts while living on an estate.
Too late me luv , I've gone completely Patel
Old Oct 14th 2019, 2:51 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
To dump this EU data protection would be a positive point of Brexit. It drives me nuts trying to process online payment under this new authentication rule. Plus all the other restrictions.
I disagree. While it may drive you nuts, the EU Payment Services Directive to make fraudulent transactions through your account by third-parties much more difficult. Of course, the PSD2 won't disappear post-Brexit, it'll still be used for any payments to recipients based in the EU such as Amazon.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 3:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

I just took it from mike's post DLD. I haven't heard any name, as Eric suggests below.
It'll probably have to go to "competitive tender" anyway.

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Seems to have been an airy claim by "a government source" that local councils could provide free voter id :
Conservatives accused of suppressing voters' rights over leaked photo ID plans

I wouldn't have thought any private company would be stepping in to do that for nothing. Mind you, if there's to be a snap election, are local councils properly informed, geared up and financed to provide the service, either?
And the article rightly raises concerns, given the very small scale of fraud on that front. Plenty of other more important electoral wrongdoing to right before that, I'd have thought.
Agreed, it all looks 'Boris-Bridge' to me.
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Let's not go all Priti Patel.
I say make them go and work on zero hours contracts while living on an estate.
... That's positively sadistic LiW... Next you'll want them to use public transport or something..... The cruelty of it
Old Oct 14th 2019, 5:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Thairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond reputeThairetired2016 has a reputation beyond repute

I disagree. While it may drive you nuts, the EU Payment Services Directive to make fraudulent transactions through your account by third-parties much more difficult. Of course, the PSD2 won't disappear post-Brexit, it'll still be used for any payments to recipients based in the EU such as Amazon.
Don't kid yourself. The crooks are always a step ahead. Plus the govt./cc companies can collect more personal data. And more extensive databases can then be hacked.
The other EU organized data collection is the registration of prepaid sim cards. Austria was the last country to implement it last month. EU threatened a fine if they don't. Nothing but collection of data.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 6:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 View Post
Don't kid yourself. The crooks are always a step ahead. Plus the govt./cc companies can collect more personal data. And more extensive databases can then be hacked.
The other EU organized data collection is the registration of prepaid sim cards. Austria was the last country to implement it last month. EU threatened a fine if they don't. Nothing but collection of data.
No need to implement that in the UK where everyone's phone & online activities are collected and deep mined already.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 7:05 pm
Jigsaw

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
No need to implement that in the UK where everyone's phone & online activities are collected and deep mined already.

Exactly! The NSA spies on the UK on behalf of the UK government, to avoid Parliamentary scrutiny. One of the UK locations for this is where the American whose wife has run back to the US was working.
Old Oct 14th 2019, 9:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Exactly! The NSA spies on the UK on behalf of the UK government, to avoid Parliamentary scrutiny. One of the UK locations for this is where the American whose wife has run back to the US was working.
Yes, they're here too DLD... (Evening boys & girls!) ... Tip...Always be polite to your Spook, he/she may be the one who connects the electrodes to your bits when they lift you
Old Oct 15th 2019, 3:54 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

I think the denizens of BE ought to be a little more polite in our rioting intentions. The Kaiser Chiefs are a little too bold in their predictions. The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band's version is more our pace, I suggest:

Old Oct 15th 2019, 4:59 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

It's a company called 'Citizencard' they already provide cards for some official bodies including the one that regulated 'bouncers' They ahve contacted local councils to offer them free of charge. It may be totally unecessary as it seems likely that the queens speech will NOT be approved, and, in any case, the Tories do not have enough votes to get anything through Parliament, as they wioll find when they try to get the next 'deal' through.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 6:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Oakvillian View Post
I think the denizens of BE ought to be a little more polite in our rioting intentions. The Kaiser Chiefs are a little too bold in their predictions. The Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band's version is more our pace, I suggest:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=2RDTGC_o1CM
Clearly you not done any form of Risk Assessment/s have you ... Where, pray, is the dedicated space for the old cruddies walking frames and electric scooters...??? And what about their.. (cough) seniors sanitary requirements, and most importantly free parking for camper vans, SUV's and classic high value cars ???
Really Ov... if you can't organise a simple riot then I'll be forced to charge for my Molotov cocktail making classes, practical catapult phalanxes workshops, and shop looting forums... Tisk,-risk... Very poor (I'll also wear my hippy head-band )
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
It's a company called 'Citizencard' they already provide cards for some official bodies including the one that regulated 'bouncers' They ahve contacted local councils to offer them free of charge. It may be totally unecessary as it seems likely that the queens speech will NOT be approved, and, in any case, the Tories do not have enough votes to get anything through Parliament, as they wioll find when they try to get the next 'deal' through.
I do hope so, because I really don't like what appears to be happening in The Gangster's Party. Without some real effort the Tory Bast**d's look set to do the deed anyway.
Old Oct 15th 2019, 7:59 pm
Jigsaw

I'm pretty sure Citizencard don't make SIA licences for the Home Office, but they do produce Home Office-approved ID cards for 16+.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 11:42 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

I see the new iPhone has three camera lenses, one sends the picture to GCHQ, one sends it to the CIA, the other one actually takes the photo.
Old Oct 16th 2019, 2:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

I see the new iPhone has three camera lenses, one sends the picture to GCHQ, one sends it to the CIA, the other one actually takes the photo.
..More truth in that than we probably know mike.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.