Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tories in chaos

Tories in chaos

Old Jan 31st 2022, 6:56 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tories in chaos

Originally Posted by Scamp View Post
.....****ing dogs on a plane, literally nobody cares. Not even Samuel L Jackson.
I think people do care that a plane and personnel could be arranged to airlift dogs (with the consent and knowledge of the liar in chief) but many Afghans who had aided troops, and who would be in danger under the Taliban, were left to fend for themselves.

Old Jan 31st 2022, 7:56 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

This circle-jerk of foamy-mouthed, anti-Tory rage has the direction of a compass in a toolbox.

Boris said get some dogs out, or didn't, someone didn't know he'd said it, or did, some dogs got out. In the world we live in, do we need to resort to dogs to prove the insatiable desire to not know anything or where he does know, to be able to tell the truth about that Boris has?

****ing dogs on a plane, literally nobody cares. Not even Samuel L Jackson.
Only Bipat is making a fuss solely about the dogs. The rest of us seem to be trying to discuss all the other lies the lying shit and other Tories also told, including the lies about not having parties that the Police ifficwrs on duty would have to be aware of and did nothing while fining others in the country who did so.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 8:14 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Liz Truss hasn't helped them at all by taking a private plane trip to Australia for 'Trade Talks' at a cost of £500,000. These talks COULD have been done via Zoom. At the moment the Tory party has so many things being brought to the table. So many rumours that, to get away from a lot of his problems he will announce the stopping of the NI rise at the last minute tohelp the Tory party at the May local authority elections, elections where they are expected to lose seats and councils all over the country.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 8:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
I think people do care that a plane and personnel could be arranged to airlift dogs (with the consent and knowledge of the liar in chief) but many Afghans who had aided troops, and who would be in danger under the Taliban, were left to fend for themselves.
It's a shambles,. My point was that I don't care if dogs get rescued or not - as in, people are more important. Sorry.

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Only Bipat is making a fuss solely about the dogs. The rest of us seem to be trying to discuss all the other lies the lying shit and other Tories also told, including the lies about not having parties that the Police ifficwrs on duty would have to be aware of and did nothing while fining others in the country who did so.
That's some Tory level whataboutery

But you're right and we're saying the same thing - we don't need to resort to Aghan dogs to demonstrate the fact Boris is as honest as an Egyptian salesman.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 8:42 am
Lowering the tone

Jingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond reputeJingsamichty has a reputation beyond repute

But you're right and we're saying the same thing - we don't need to resort to Aghan dogs to demonstrate the fact Boris is as honest as an Egyptian salesman.
You are correct, is is a fact that Boris Johnson is a thoroughly, pathologically dishonest man. Everybody knows it, even those like Rees-Mogg who devoutly defend him.

Think about that for a minute... the Conservative Party knowingly selected a dishonest man to be their leader, and when his dishonesty becomes public and threatens his career, they go to extraordinary lengths to defend and protect him. If that happened in my workplace, or yours, or in our homes, nobody would put up with it for a minute, far less encourage him to keep going. THAT is why the Tories are in chaos, because they are debasing themselves for the sake of a charlatan. It is utterly contemptible.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 8:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

It's a shambles,. My point was that I don't care if dogs get rescued or not - as in, people are more important. Sorry.

That's some Tory level whataboutery

Scamp ---the posts about dogs were about the 'lying'----
My point is that does anyone on here care about the dreadful starvation and misery that the withdrawal debacle has left behind for millions, children and women particularly? Aid has been cut.
Just look at the links above.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 9:13 am
Stocking up on red wine!

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
My point is that does anyone on here care about the dreadful starvation and misery that the withdrawal debacle has left behind for millions, children and women particularly? Aid has been cut.
1) The plight of those
2) non affiliated (to the forces)
3) Afghan citizens
4) is
5) a result
6) of
7) the US decision
8) to withdraw
9) and
10) the Taliban's
11) hostile takeover
12) of the Country
13) and
14) is
15) nothing
16) to do
17) with
18) the Tories in chaos
19) and
20) the
21) evacuation
22) of
23) animals
24) from
25) Kabul
Old Jan 31st 2022, 9:31 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Expatrick View Post
1) The plight of those
2) non affiliated (to the forces)
3) Afghan citizens
4) is
5) a result
6) of
7) the US decision
8) to withdraw
9) and
10) the Taliban's
11) hostile takeover
12) of the Country
13) and
14) is
15) nothing
16) to do
17) with
18) the Tories in chaos
19) and
20) the
21) evacuation
22) of
23) animals
24) from
25) Kabul

1) I did not introduce the topic of the dogs! I did not have any opinion on the dogs.

2) The regular aid given by the UK has halved, I presume Liz Truss is a Tory!

Did you read the above links? Christina Lamb particularly is a very experienced reporter.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 10:19 am
Account Closed

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Liz Truss hasn't helped them at all by taking a private plane trip to Australia for 'Trade Talks' at a cost of £500,000. These talks COULD have been done via Zoom. At the moment the Tory party has so many things being brought to the table. So many rumours that, to get away from a lot of his problems he will announce the stopping of the NI rise at the last minute tohelp the Tory party at the May local authority elections, elections where they are expected to lose seats and councils all over the country.
And apparently, Boris Johnson to visit Ukraine region and hold call with Putin next week

That'll boost his popularity with the party faithful, and distract everyone else from Partygate and the other crap he's been up to.

1) I did not introduce the topic of the dogs! I did not have any opinion on the dogs.

2) The regular aid given by the UK has halved, I presume Liz Truss is a Tory!

Did you read the above links? Christina Lamb particularly is a very experienced reporter.
Correct, that was established a number of posts ago, but that's not what was claimed in the post you responded to. Try reading it again!

You presume Liz Truss is a Tory? She's a minister in the current Tory government cabinet.... It's easy enough to look up.

There's an Afghanistan thread where I'll be happy to discuss Afghani poverty, as I said previously. But I'm not discussing it here.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 10:33 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jingsamichty View Post
You are correct, is is a fact that Boris Johnson is a thoroughly, pathologically dishonest man. Everybody knows it, even those like Rees-Mogg who devoutly defend him.

Think about that for a minute... the Conservative Party knowingly selected a dishonest man to be their leader, and when his dishonesty becomes public and threatens his career, they go to extraordinary lengths to defend and protect him. If that happened in my workplace, or yours, or in our homes, nobody would put up with it for a minute, far less encourage him to keep going. THAT is why the Tories are in chaos, because they are debasing themselves for the sake of a charlatan. It is utterly contemptible.
The London Mayor Boris is what people thought they were getting, fun, whimsical, clownish and full of summery bluster. Instead, they appear to have either the most ruthless bully in town, or the guy who has dirt on ****ing everyone. I can't see another reason to back him so hard.

I just don't care about the dogs or a lie about dogs in Afghanistan. It's an irrelevant lie, it's probably even more of a mistake than a lie. It's stupidity, not deception.

What's happening with the parties during lockdown etc etc etc is what is actually relevant. Lumping this on top is like chucking a match on a burning house. It's fizzled to **** all before you even know it's gone, but you've stopped looking at the rest of the house.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 10:34 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And apparently, Boris Johnson to visit Ukraine region and hold call with Putin next week

That'll boost his popularity with the party faithful, and distract everyone else from Partygate and the other crap he's been up to.

1) Correct, that was established a number of posts ago, but that's not what was claimed in the post you responded to. Try reading it again!

2)You presume Liz Truss is a Tory? She's a minister in the current Tory government cabinet.... It's easy enough to look up.

3) There's an Afghanistan thread where I'll be happy to discuss Afghani poverty, as I said previously. But I'm not discussing it here.

1) Does it matter!
2) I was being sarcastic.
3) Poverty? It is starvation of millions. The British government has a responsibility, when aid is reduced. The topic of the withdrawal of British troops was introduced on this thread.

Old Jan 31st 2022, 10:56 am
Account Closed

1) Does it matter!
2) I was being sarcastic.
3) Poverty? It is starvation of millions. The British government has a responsibility, when aid is reduced. The topic of the withdrawal of British troops was introduced on this thread.
1. Yes.
2. No.
3. Afghanistan thread.

Old Jan 31st 2022, 11:24 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

The London Mayor Boris is what people thought they were getting, fun, whimsical, clownish and full of summery bluster. Instead, they appear to have either the most ruthless bully in town, or the guy who has dirt on ****ing everyone. I can't see another reason to back him so hard.

I just don't care about the dogs or a lie about dogs in Afghanistan. It's an irrelevant lie, it's probably even more of a mistake than a lie. It's stupidity, not deception.

What's happening with the parties during lockdown etc etc etc is what is actually relevant. Lumping this on top is like chucking a match on a burning house. It's fizzled to **** all before you even know it's gone, but you've stopped looking at the rest of the house.
Scamp, what you say is partly true..... but also partly false. The "fun, whimsical, clownish and full of summery bluster" Johnson was already a proven liar with no moral integrity whilst he was London Mayor.... He then proved himself to be a chaotic egotist who overrode advice to waste almost £1bn on vanity projects. The Tory party knew this, the Tory party condoned this when they gifted him a safe seat to advance his climb up the greasy pole and the Tory party knew it when he was supported to become leader.... there is no hiding place from the facts. His clownish image and his ruthless ambition suited them, but now the piper has to be paid.

Like the response to Covid, the evacuation from Afghanistan is another situation where the government imagineers are busy trying to turn a fiasco into a success by selectively rewriting history - and they are finding a population loathe to accept failure and happy to grasp any suggestion of success, despite the facts. Unfortunately, a growing number can see the misinformation for what it is - and the chief minister's inability to tell the truth, to admit fault or to apologise with any sincerity is what is adding fuel to the fire. This situation is now impacting policy - because they need to get past the past errors to concentrate on the new ones..... the "solution" to Social care, which does NOTHING to solve the crisis, because throwing money at a problem (and actually missing in this case) and forcing people to work in a sector at threat of poverty will "solve" nothing. "At least we are doing something!" say the apologists..... just like they "did something" to reform the NHS and "did something" to plan for transport and energy security..... God help us from those keen to be seen "doing something".

Johnson is a proven liar, an arrogant egotist and incompetent as a leader. The Tory fat controllers know this. All that is keeping him in place is the fact that there is no obvious replacement. For now.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 2:09 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Not fit to run a country. That is all. Is he the only liar in government, or the only governor to tell lies? No. certainly not, but he's the one we have now, and the one that's relevant and doing damage now.
Old Jan 31st 2022, 2:14 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

This is the report by Sue Gray as published today by the Government
https://assets.publishing.service.go...s_-_Update.pdf

I don't really think it needs too many comments, it's pretty damning of the mindset of Downing Street and the Government.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.