Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tommy Robinson in the slammer

Tommy Robinson in the slammer

Old Jun 17th 2018, 2:38 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy Robinson in the slammer

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
The police at the time were cowardly this seems clear. Lots of blame to go around. Whether praise should be given to Mr Robinson, I am as yet uncertain, he may not be the the villain that he is painted, but just parroting what has already emerged in to the culture is hardly worthy of sainthood. Any evidence that he actually brought the knowledge in to the culture rather than just voicing what had just started to be absorbed will be welcome.
It may be welcome, but it won't be forthcoming, any search on google or youtube results in hundreds of articles about his the last few days, a sea of them. I think Tommy deserves equal praise to be fair, he brought the knowledge to a demographic that are generally not Times readers. Judge that how you wish, but those people have a right to know, after all it was their daughters involved, so it's perfectly reasonable to accept that he heard stories locally, and victims were drawn to him because of his anti-islamic stance and champion of the people persona.

I'll call the powers that be the 'establishment' for want of a better term, but the largely working class followers of Robinson were as a whole demonised as thick racists by them. If they don't want secondary problems (EDL etc) popping up, then deal with the primary problem swiftly and without consideration to their colour or religion.

I could go on but I haven't reached rant stage yet
Old Jun 17th 2018, 4:58 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
It may be welcome, but it won't be forthcoming, any search on google or youtube results in hundreds of articles about his the last few days, a sea of them. I think Tommy deserves equal praise to be fair, he brought the knowledge to a demographic that are generally not Times readers. Judge that how you wish, but those people have a right to know, after all it was their daughters involved, so it's perfectly reasonable to accept that he heard stories locally, and victims were drawn to him because of his anti-islamic stance and champion of the people persona.

I'll call the powers that be the 'establishment' for want of a better term, but the largely working class followers of Robinson were as a whole demonised as thick racists by them. If they don't want secondary problems (EDL etc) popping up, then deal with the primary problem swiftly and without consideration to their colour or religion.

I could go on but I haven't reached rant stage yet
That's the thing, the people who are most affected by what the "establishment" has dumped on us are the working class followers of Tommy Robinson. They're the ones that first suffer the brunt of out-of-control immigration and the islamisation of the UK while the useful idiots with money sit there from their well-heeled areas wagging their condescending fingers. The working classes deserve far more care and attention because in times of war they will be the ones out there protecting our nations. And maybe that is what it's all about with the globalists: Demoralise those who would protect our nations and the future will be theirs to do what they want with. Just as flooding our nations with out of control immigration - the more destructive to social cohesion the better as far as they are concerned - makes it easier if we are divided, so they can move in and rule us with an iron fist.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 6:46 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

It may be welcome, but it won't be forthcoming, any search on google or youtube results in hundreds of articles about his the last few days, a sea of them.:
Well I spent a little bit of time trying to find something, using Googles time bracketing, best I could get was references to him on Twitter in the Spring of 2012, which was some time after Nazir Afzal's (chief crown prosecutor) decision to reverse the decision not to prosecute, which was June 2011. So after what I consider to be due diligence, he doesn't appear to have raised any awareness, but just to report on what had already happening. he was not an instigator He played no role in the process of getting the prosecutions, just publicized that the prosecutions were happening. His tweets coincide with the prosecutions which were reported in the popular press.

Last edited by kimilseung; Jun 17th 2018 at 6:52 am.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:18 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

It's obvious that Tommy Robinson did nothing to raise awareness of these scum - if he had there would be evidence of it but there is none whatsoever.

He merely jumped on the coat-tails of others' work in order to aggrandise himself and ended up in the slammer for his trouble.

We are all lucky that the accused weren't let off because of his actions.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:25 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Well I spent a little bit of time trying to find something, using Googles time bracketing, best I could get was references to him on Twitter in the Spring of 2012, which was some time after Nazir Afzal's (chief crown prosecutor) decision to reverse the decision not to prosecute, which was June 2011. So after what I consider to be due diligence, he doesn't appear to have raised any awareness, but just to report on what had already happening. he was not an instigator He played no role in the process of getting the prosecutions, just publicized that the prosecutions were happening. His tweets coincide with the prosecutions which were reported in the popular press.
He was drawing attention to the scandal from 2009 / 2010. I don't actually think it matters what I can drag up (Partly the reason I haven'toverly bothered) your mind is made up about the man, that's up to you but I'm leaning towards working class hero if I'm honest. Here's a video of him being interviewed by Paxman in feb 2011
where he clearly gets wound up about a subject he is passionate about.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:26 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
I've posted lots of links. If they're not good enough for you then look for them yourself. Or provide links that dispute my claims. Google is your friend too you know.
Ah! So you expect us to look for items that say that Tommy Robinson was NOT instrumental in bringing grooming gangs to justice.

Do you see the absurdity of that?

It's a common fallacious device where an argument has been 'caught out'.

Educate yourself - look up 'Shifting of burden of proof'.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:41 am
FreeThinker

He was drawing attention to the scandal from 2009 / 2010. I don't actually think it matters what I can drag up (Partly the reason I haven'toverly bothered) your mind is made up about the man, that's up to you but I'm leaning towards working class hero if I'm honest. Here's a video of him being interviewed by Paxman in feb 2011 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CFyO9s07Jgs where he clearly gets wound up about a subject he is passionate about.
Gawd - he's a dick-head isn't he - he and his "Inams".

Still waiting for some evidence that he was instrumental in bringing grooming gangs to trial...
Old Jun 17th 2018, 7:56 am
idealist

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Gawd - he's a dick-head isn't he - he and his "Inams".

Still waiting for some evidence that he was instrumental in bringing grooming gangs to trial...
I'm glad you find Tommy so funny

I've already said that I can't provide it, no more than you can provide proof that the Times was, they're both responsible for raising awareness to different demographics. In fairness I only saw one of those demographics on the shitty end of that particular stick, and they were the same people marching the streets in protest at police inaction.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:27 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I don't actually think it matters what I can drag up (Partly the reason I haven'toverly bothered) your mind is made up about the man.
I am far from having made my mind up on Robinson. I have my current position but its far from fixed.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 8:51 am
idealist

I am far from having made my mind up on Robinson. I have my current position but its far from fixed.
Fair enough, my apolgies, having an open opinion on most things is best I think, more people should do it
Old Jun 17th 2018, 9:41 am
FreeThinker

For those people keeping an open mind here is a list of his convictions over the years which might help.

Bipat said on another thread that he seemed a 'troubled person' - I think she's right.

...but then he was convicted for drunken assault of an off-duty police officer.[11] He served a 12-month prison sentence,[16] and as a result lost his job at Luton Airport owing to security measures imposed since the September 11 attacks.[11]
Robinson was convicted in 2011 of using "threatening, abusive or insulting behaviour" during a fight between supporters of Luton Townand Newport County in Luton the previous year. Robinson reportedly led the group of Luton fans, and played an integral part in starting a 100-man brawl, during which he chanted "EDL till I die". He was given a 12-month community rehabilitation order with 150 hours' unpaid work and a three-year ban from attending football matches.
Robinson was arrested again after an EDL demonstration in Tower Hamlets in September 2011 for breach of bail conditions, as he had been banned from attending that demonstration
On 29 September 2011, Robinson was convicted of common assault after headbutting a fellow EDL member at a rally in Blackburn in April that year.[31] He was sentences to 12 weeks' imprisonment, suspended for 12 months
On 8 November 2011, Robinson held a protest on the rooftop of the FIFA headquarters in Zürich against FIFA's ruling that the England national football team could not wear a Remembrance poppy symbol on their shirts. For this he was fined £3,000 and jailed for three days.[35]
In October 2012, Robinson was arrested and held on the charge of having entered the United States illegally. Robinson pleaded guilty at Southwark Crown Court to using someone else's passport to travel to the United States in September 2012, and was sentenced in January of 2013 to 10 months' imprisonment.[36]
[37] Robinson had used a passport in the name of Andrew McMaster to board a Virgin Atlantic flight from Heathrow to New York.[38] He had been banned from entering the USA due to a drugs offence. He was detained by authorities in New York as an illegal immigrant but left the USA the next day using a passport in the name of Paul Harris to travel back to the UK.[39]
In November 2012, Robinson was charged with three counts of conspiracy to commit fraud by misrepresentation in relation to a mortgage application, along with five other defendants.[48] He pleaded guilty to two charges and in January 2014 was sentenced to 18 months imprisonment
In May 2017, he was arrested for contempt of court after he attempted to take video of the defendants in a child rape case outside Canterbury Crown Court.​​​​​​​
In May 2017, Robinson was convicted of contempt of court for using a camera inside Canterbury Crown Court and received a suspended sentence.​​​​​​​
​​​​​​​On 25 May 2018, Robinson was arrested for a breach of the peace while live streamingoutside Leeds Crown Court
[70]
[71] during a trial on which reporting restrictions had been ordered by the judge
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:06 am
idealist

For those people keeping an open mind here is a list of his convictions over the years which might help.

Bipat said on another thread that he seemed a 'troubled person' - I think she's right.
So ignore the message because you don't like the messenger, cool.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 10:49 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Some people can be "troubled". It doesn't make them inherently bad or unworthy of our praise. It seems many people have no problem with condemning him though.

For what its worth I think he's a decent but misunderstood bloke.

Old Jun 17th 2018, 11:00 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I think he is a twat of the first order who has only contempt for the UK laws and the people who administer them, from his actions it also seems he feels the same about the US. He is where he should be having created his onw situation by possibly ruining prosecutions he says he was working towards, He is undeniably racist as are all members of his 'party', Currently he is in the best place for him, it's just a pity that he has now been moved to a prison that is more in keeping with his beliefs, that is with a population that it 76% white.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 11:15 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Personally I think he is a twat of the first order who has only contempt for the UK laws and the people who administer them, from his actions it also seems he feels the same about the US. He is where he should be having created his onw situation by possibly ruining prosecutions he says he was working towards, He is undeniably racist as are all members of his 'party', Currently he is in the best place for him, it's just a pity that he has now been moved to a prison that is more in keeping with his beliefs, that is with a population that it 76% white.
Which prison is that?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.