Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Tommy Robinson in the slammer

Tommy Robinson in the slammer

Old Jun 16th 2018, 2:26 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Tommy Robinson in the slammer

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Ah Tommy Robinson. He's a bi-product of a broken system. He was instrumental in the bringing to justice these predominantly Pakistani Muslim paedophile gangs. (When it finally broke, the press said Asian men, which is laughable) There's a well documented case where an 11 year old girl was being passed round like a rag doll, and when someone reported screams to police, they arrested her for drunk and disorderly. Why? Because the police did not want to inflame racial tension or appear to be racist. That's no less than ****ing scandelous.

I remember Saira Kahn on a chat show some years ago tearing into him as a rasist asshole because he said that the Pakistani culture was rife with examples of child rape, she really painted him as a monster. 6 or so years later she was in tears on loose women saying her Uncle raped her as a child and it was accepted in Pakistani culture, which kind of makes her a bit of a lying [email protected]@t to be fair.

I've been following him fairly closely for a number of years, more out of curiosity than support, and I've never actualy seen him do anything that I would call remotely racist. He has an issue with a religion based on the teachings of a paedophile murderer, which to be honest most right thinking people would have. They keep trying to trip him up in interviews but he's not the ignorant pig many take him for, he knows his Koran from his old testament much to one interviewer's embarrassment.

His relationship with the police is available for all to see, they've to all intents and purposes bullied him and his family for years, all because he had the courage to stand by his beliefs. He's the martyr the alt right are looking for, if he was to meet his end in prison at the hands of a Muslim, good luck living in Luton or similar areas is all I can say.

I think it's a real shame that Chris Hitchens is no longer with us, because like or loathe his views, you couldn't just dismiss him as a thick working class idiot the way many do with Tommy. I think he's done his bit, when gay men defend a belief system that thinks being gay should be illegal and punishable by death, I'd give up.
You've summed the situation up very well. And yet, incredibly, the usual culprits around here detest him. If it were not for him those girls would still be suffering and hundreds more would go on to suffer the same fate. It's time he was treated like the national hero that he is.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 2:32 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
You've summed the situation up very well. And yet, incredibly, the usual culprits around here detest him. If it were not for him those girls would still be suffering and hundreds more would go on to suffer the same fate. It's time he was treated like the national hero that he is.
You are correct, we do detest racist sum with a long record of violence acial abuse, membership of violent racist organisations.
Be judged by the company you keep and those you support.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 3:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

You really ought to cut back on your Infowars consumption a bit. It's not doing your powers of rational thought any good at all.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:13 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

I'm probably going to regret this but... any chance you could give me some pointers to credible articles about how Robinson was '...instrumental in the bringing to justice these predominantly Pakistani Muslim paedophile gangs'?
Old Jun 16th 2018, 4:43 pm
Sidecar Falcon

DigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond reputeDigitalGhost has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
I'm probably going to regret this but... any chance you could give me some pointers to credible articles about how Robinson was '...instrumental in the bringing to justice these predominantly Pakistani Muslim paedophile gangs'?
I would also appreciate links to said information.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 9:26 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Originally Posted by DigitalGhost View Post
I would also appreciate links to said information.
Ask yourself this, was I aware of the grooming gang issue before Tommy Robinson became senonymous with the subject?

Very little got done about it til years of ptotest by the Tommy and the EDL. He may well have hijacked the subject to serve his own cause but the fact remains that it was there to be hijacked, that should vex most people. He was instrumental in forcing the police, and the rest of us to acknowledge that this was going on, but of course it's far easier and more convenient to silence the secondary issue.

The fact that the 'predominantly Pakistani Muslim paedophile gangs' is in inverted commas seems to indicate you're not happy with that terminology, which is the problem. We don't like telling the truth because it may offend, which is ridiculous.

Whatever links I put up will be discredited I would imagine, but here's a good piece from Douglas Murray that I think explains the man. Fallible for sure, but when did we ever ignore the message because we didn't like the messenger?.....oh, https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/...es-journalist/

Last edited by stevenglish1; Jun 16th 2018 at 9:39 pm.
Old Jun 16th 2018, 11:05 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

I support Tommy Robinson because he's raised public awareness of the predominantly Pakistani rape gangs that are operating/have operated across the UK, and that will help reduce the problem. His treatment underlines what caused the problem to grow in the first place: the curtailment of free speech. It went on for years because people were afraid to speak up for fear of being labelled racist, and now that someone is brave enough to do it they are being persecuted by the state. So we have curtailment of free speech by political correctness and if that doesn't shut you up, if you refuse to be silenced then the resources of the state will be relentlessly used to shut you up.

The mainstream press are also complicit in this. They have never been shy when it comes to reporting sensation so why is there little or no coverage?

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/215171
Old Jun 17th 2018, 12:43 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

I would say that Sara Rowbotham did more to raise awareness in to the grooming gangs, as did the Times and other newspaper.

Stevenglish1, I had previously seen the article that you link to, but it is an opinion piece and lacking in information about how Mr Robinson raised awareness.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
I would say that Sara Rowbotham did more to raise awareness in to the grooming gangs, as did the Times and other newspaper.

Stevenglish1, I had previously seen the article that you link to, but it is an opinion piece and lacking in information about how Mr Robinson raised awareness.
It was Sara's job to report it. From the limited information that this (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sara_R..._three-girls-4) Wikipedia article provides (first reports on the abuse in 2005, but it only "blew up" 5 or more years later) it looks likely that she knew what was going on very early but she didn't do/or was unable to do enough to put a stop to it. Imagine how much less hurt there could have been nationwide if awareness was raised and it was stamped out in 2005.

There's lots of heroes and heroines of the fight against these rape gangs and they all deserve huge recognition. But none appear to have been targeted like Tommy Robinson was, and his case proves that nothing has changed really. The ingredients are still very much in place for such atrocities to occur again.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:32 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not for a moment saying he was a lone voice, but 1 of a handful that has snowballed spectacularly, I'll give you the Times but most other papers simply jumped on the bandwagon once it gathered momentum. The nature of the opinion I have means that there is no documented proof. If you read about it in the times, then you'd say the Times raised your awareness, I and several people I know heard it from Tommy, so like it or not he also raised awareness. It was that awareness and resultant disdane for the police stance on the matter that put the pressure on to sort the problem out.

I actually can't think of much that's more disturbing than allowing girls to be molested to keep the peace. Now Britain First on the other hand, I've no time for, they seem like a bunch of racist banwagoners, but Tommy strikes me as different. Perhaps I've fallen for a web of lies, but until the establishment mans up and stops with the PC bullshit he is here to stay, I think it's time to listen before someone far worse who actually deserves the Nazi tag comes along.

The Times has run some great articles on it, one stating that the gangs were made up of 85% Pakistani males (they did shy away from the word Muslim, but at least they didn't say Asian) , if that story were run in the Daily Mail it would be dismissed as sensationalism from a pack of racists, the truth of it would be swept aside.

Last edited by stevenglish1; Jun 17th 2018 at 1:38 am.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:40 am
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

There's lots of heroes and heroines of the fight against these rape gangs and they all deserve huge recognition..
You have been asked by several people to post links of your claims, why have you not done so?
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:47 am
Fair and balanced

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I and several people I know heard it from Tommy, so like it or not he also raised awareness..
The police at the time were cowardly this seems clear. Lots of blame to go around. Whether praise should be given to Mr Robinson, I am as yet uncertain, he may not be the the villain that he is painted, but just parroting what has already emerged in to the culture is hardly worthy of sainthood. Any evidence that he actually brought the knowledge in to the culture rather than just voicing what had just started to be absorbed will be welcome.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:50 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You have been asked by several people to post links of your claims, why have you not done so?
I've posted lots of links. If they're not good enough for you then look for them yourself. Or provide links that dispute my claims. Google is your friend too you know.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 1:54 am
Fair and balanced

I've posted lots of links. If they're not good enough for you then look for them yourself. Or provide links that dispute my claims. Google is your friend too you know.
You even made me scroll through the thread. no you havent. Dont gaslight us.
Old Jun 17th 2018, 2:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

You even made me scroll through the thread. no you havent. Dont gaslight us.
And if you read as you scrolled through the thread you would have also seen no-one asked me to provide linked references. But in any case, much of what we say here is personal experience and opinion and the rest is from other mixed sources. It's pompous to ask for people to reference everything they say - We're not writing bladdy university dissertations you know! Gotta laugh, the last person to produce links on command had you poohoo it as not credible! ....As if anything you read on the internet is credible!

If you disagree with me feel free to do so, and provide web links if want to.....

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.