Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

A TIO Christmas

A TIO Christmas

Old Dec 30th 2021, 9:57 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: A TIO Christmas

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
I was replying to 'anotherlimey'----why is that a problem?
This thread was started for a very specific reason. I asked politely if we could stick to that purpose and not be diverted further and you went off on a further diversion.

You're not that dim so am I to assume it was deliberate?
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:02 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by anotherlimey View Post
Because the current TIO level of discourse is zero. Someone mentioned Rushman - I never agreed with anything he said but he was entertaining.

By chasing everyone off we never see what type of thread develops or what poster they are.
Rushman wasn't run off the forum. He was (and still is) very popular. He quit because he was bored off his ass when all of the horny wife-swapping had fell out of fashion.

Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:04 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point

Wtf are you on about?
she's generally not sure herself, just leave her be. She's one of the protagonists in this thread

Last edited by scrubbedexpat098; Dec 30th 2021 at 10:17 pm.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:20 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

So, playing devil's advocate.. why are you all continuing to argue on that thread? You could have just not gone back in there.

Because of bigotry? Bigotry is a formed opinion even though it might be based on emotion, or personal experience, or whatever.

I live in a very homo/trans-phobic area. If I argued with everyone I didn't agree with, every day, I would lead a very isolated life.
Small gestures matter. If nobody ever responds, the silence is consent. I don't/can't respond to every act of bigotry I ever see but I can respond to some. You can respond to some. Using the "thought ----> word -----> deed" process in these times, on the internet, the word is the deed. Saying how strongly I feel about their bigotry let's them know I don't give consent. By fighting with them, I'm letting them know they're not running this shit, they're not cute or cool or popular. When you don't fight them, they get stronger. I know that I love the people I love more than they will ever hate the people I love and that's a pretty powerful thing to tell somebody. It won't change them but it might make them so tired of me that they STFU now and then.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:22 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
The obvious solution is a new inclusive forum, not to replace TIO, but as an addition, by invitation only, where those who have shown their diverse views would not be troubled by bigots, racists, let's call them what they are - Deplorables.

Using the Pub analogy, a Snug.
Another possible solution is for you to go jerk yourself off until your head explodes.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:25 pm
WTF?

There were posts regarding 'bigotry' and ignoring or not ignoring. I gave a personal reason why ignoring it is often necessary.
anotherlimey gave an example regarding ear piercing, I replied with just an amusing ear piercing example---why does that upset you?

You then make a remark about 'the other side of the world' I point out that from your previous remarks I will avoid mentioning 'the other side of the world'.

So perhaps you will explain which subjects and which countries is it permitted to mention on this thread.
Because it's all about you. EVERY SINGLE ****ING TIME.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:31 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I know that I love the people I love more than they will ever hate the people I love and that's a pretty powerful thing to tell somebody. .
Yes this.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:33 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

I knew you could say it so much better than I can.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
This thread was started for a very specific reason. I asked politely if we could stick to that purpose and not be diverted further and you went off on a further diversion.

You're not that dim so am I to assume it was deliberate?

Poster 'anotherlimey' put a post describing 'bigotry' regarding his chllds pierced ears. I described a joke situation regarding a childs pierced ears in order to bring the posts back to less seriousness and hopefully the ethos of the thread.

(That was followed by a post that was what I would describe as 'bigoted' regarding my known family situation, however you complain about me!)
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

What are yours about----your above post---I just counted 'I' ten times.

Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:42 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
I knew you could say it so much better than I can.
Perhaps you might like to admit you misunderstood that I was replying to another poster who introduced the 'topic'.
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:43 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Poster 'anotherlimey' put a post describing 'bigotry' regarding his chllds pierced ears. I described a joke situation regarding a childs pierced ears in order to bring the posts back to less seriousness and hopefully the ethos of the thread.

(That was followed by a post that was what I would describe as 'bigoted' regarding my known family situation, however you complain about me!)
I also criticised anotherlimey. But you, you are infamous for diversions. I asked - and I believe it was a general ask - that we keep the thread on its purpose and bugger me you went off on yet another diversion. You did. Again and again. Have you no self control?
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:49 pm
Preparing to move again

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Perhaps you might like to admit you misunderstood that I was replying to another poster who introduced the 'topic'.
Just tonight you personally have chased 2 or 3 people away ...
That, amongst other problems, is the purpose of this thread.
NOT YOUR BL**DY FAMILY !
And now, after leaving other threads with the same 'Problem' I'm out of this one as well.
Have fun !
Old Dec 30th 2021, 10:55 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat096 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Annetje View Post
Just tonight you personally have chased 2 or 3 people away ...
That, amongst other problems, is the purpose of this thread.
NOT YOUR BL**DY FAMILY !
And now, after leaving other threads with the same 'Problem' I'm out of this one as well.
Have fun !

At first i thought it was simple-mindedness, quaint tales if you like. But now its clear these diversions are some kind of sick joke.

Old Dec 30th 2021, 11:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I also criticised anotherlimey. But you, you are infamous for diversions. I asked - and I believe it was a general ask - that we keep the thread on its purpose and bugger me you went off on yet another diversion. You did. Again and again. Have you no self control?

The purpose of this thread is to post against 'bigotry and narrowmindedness'----that 'humankind is our business'--- the words of LIW in the first post.
There was much discussion of what to do about bigotry---I described 'one' incident of bigotry in Southsea affecting my family (I know that LIW has previously mentioned Portsmouth and little lion.)
Another poster mentioned ear piercing and bigotry --I replied as explained above to 'cool' the matter/
Explain why these are diversions!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.