British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

Boiler Oct 23rd 2020 9:40 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12925415)
What did she do to her victims? (I assume this is when she was one of those morality police)

I have a feeling such graphic info would be quickly deleted, hardly family friendly.

Former Lancastrian Oct 23rd 2020 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925468)
I have a feeling such graphic info would be quickly deleted, hardly family friendly.

You do realize that this is in TIO :rofl:

Boiler Oct 23rd 2020 9:45 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12925471)
You do realize that this is in TIO :rofl:

Is TIO supposed to be delete free then?

Former Lancastrian Oct 23rd 2020 9:59 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925472)

No but it's not exactly family friendly either. The mods have the power. If a picture can be shown on TV or other media outlet then I don't see why it couldn't be shown in TIO.

Lion in Winter Oct 23rd 2020 10:05 pm

Not easy to read, nor is it short. Worth reading I think though, from the reporter who found and interviewed her.

https://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/politi...-shamima-begum

DaveLovesDee Oct 23rd 2020 10:37 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925468)

If it's been published in the media, it's likely to be appropriate... But you could always PM a Mod and explain what you want to do, and see what they say...

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925472)

There's always the spoiler tags to hide the image so people only see it if they actually click on the tag. If you need instructions on using it, ask......

Boiler Oct 24th 2020 12:30 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12925499)
If it's been published in the media, it's likely to be appropriate... But you could always PM a Mod and explain what you want to do, and see what they say...

There's always the spoiler tags to hide the image so people only see it if they actually click on the tag. If you need instructions on using it, ask......

I think I can work out the spoiler tag, but did not realise it was away of avoiding the wrath of the Mods.

kimilseung Oct 24th 2020 1:01 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925545)
I think I can work out the spoiler tag, but did not realise it was away of avoiding the wrath of the Mods.

Can you name one time a mod has had an issue with a text, factual, news report.

Boiler Oct 24th 2020 1:01 am

Well yesterday one was deleted.

Jerseygirl Oct 24th 2020 1:57 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12925499)

good idea because mods never look what’s in the spoiler tags. :rolleyes:

Jerseygirl Oct 24th 2020 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925557)
Well yesterday one was deleted.

because...

Site Rule #7. Copyrighted Material
You cannot legally post entire articles or news, or other copyrighted material in the forum without permission from the copyright holder. Even if you attribute the article/material correctly it is still copyright infringement. Minor fair use excerpts of less than one paragraph or 4 sentences may be used if the content is publically available on the internet. All other forms of inserted content from press releases, newsletters, web pages, or any other copyrighted content placed into messages will be removed without exception. A link to the content is acceptable and appropriate.

Boiler Oct 24th 2020 2:01 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12925569)

Good to know.

DaveLovesDee Oct 24th 2020 7:34 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12925545)

It's not a way of avoiding the mods, it's a way of posting images that some posters may not want to see, or to see in a work or family setting...

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12925569)

I said 'people' :p. But let Boiler think he can avoid the mods..... :p

scot47 Oct 24th 2020 9:18 am

May the wrath of The Mods be on those who break the rules ! Seriously, folk should stiskc to the rules. I would not like to see this site degenerate to the level of the Nigerian media, where grisly and gruesome photos are routinely published, showing explicit photos of dead and mutiliated.

DaveLovesDee Oct 24th 2020 11:23 am

Originally Posted by scot47 (Post 12925632)
May the wrath of The Mods be on those who break the rules ! Seriously, folk should stiskc to the rules. I would not like to see this site degenerate to the level of the Nigerian media, where grisly and gruesome photos are routinely published, showing explicit photos of dead and mutilated.

Was anyone suggesting they should be shown?