British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

Red Eric Jul 17th 2020 1:39 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12882976)
If Vexcore is against this, there must be some good in it. :nod:

Be quite exciting if it eventually went to the ECtHR - especially if they found against the UK govt.

Imagine the RAGE!!

jimenato Jul 17th 2020 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by el collado kid (Post 12883015)
Yeah thank **** for that P.S who is it:eek:

:lol:

Boiler Jul 18th 2020 4:32 am

Even the luvie duvies commenting on the Guardian version of the story could not see the logic of this.

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2020 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Vexcore (Post 12882909)
Disgusting this but she won't be able to show her face anywhere! Wherever she ends up living, I'm sure she'll be given the warmest of British welcomes for what she's done and she will have deserved it... And Surely if someone goes to another Country to support the enemy that our Military is at war with, that's Treason no?

Unbelievable i'm telling you! miscarriage of justice right there.

Who supports her return on here? no one can be that stupid.

So the girls groomed in places like Rochdale to be rape victims deserve support, but one who was groomed to travel to Syria in the same way and at a similiar age?

As for her returning to the UK, she was a UK national only, and has the right to face her accuser (the Home Office, who want to remove her citizenship) in a court of law IN THE UK. If she's arrested on arrival, so be it, but then it'll be a UK court trying a UK national under UK law.

DigitalGhost Jul 18th 2020 10:56 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12883488)
So the girls groomed in places like Rochdale to be rape victims deserve support, but one who was groomed to travel to Syria in the same way and at a similiar age?

As for her returning to the UK, she was a UK national only, and has the right to face her accuser in a court of law IN THE UK. If she's arrested on arrival, so be it, but then it'll be a UK court trying a UK national under UK law.

If she had truly been groomed then I doubt her citizenship would have been revoked in the first place. This country and most others take a very dim view on acts of treason.

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2020 10:57 am

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12883490)
If she had truly been groomed then I doubt her citizenship would have been revoked in the first place. This country and most others take a very dim view on acts of treason.

Even the Security Services accept she'd been groomed.

DigitalGhost Jul 18th 2020 11:02 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12883491)
Even the Security Services accept she'd been groomed.

So if I was "groomed" into killing someone or robbing a bank then should that exempt me from any sort of punishment?

Boiler Jul 18th 2020 11:29 am

An interesting survey, my first thought would be who on earth would the 7.3% comprise of, but I think I know..

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2020 11:32 am

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12883493)
So if I was "groomed" into killing someone or robbing a bank then should that exempt me from any sort of punishment?

That would be for the Police to investigate, the CPS to decide whether to charge you, and for the courts to either convict or acquit as they see fit.

This wasn't 'grooming', but it happened.

The Incredible True Story of the Collar Bomb Heist

Had the guy not died, would he have been charged?

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2020 11:38 am

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12883503)
An interesting survey, my first thought would be who on earth would the 7.3% comprise of, but I think I know..

7.3% who understand the law?

DigitalGhost Jul 18th 2020 11:47 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12883506)
That would be for the Police to investigate, the CPS to decide whether to charge you, and for the courts to either convict or acquit as they see fit.

This wasn't 'grooming', but it happened.

The Incredible True Story of the Collar Bomb Heist

Had the guy not died, would he have been charged?

No because he was kidnapped and forced to do something against his will. This isn't the same thing, not by any stretch.

Personally I think her and all others like her should have received the same treatment as Mohammed Emwazi.

DigitalGhost Jul 18th 2020 11:49 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12883510)

No, most of those 7.3% will just be bleeding heart leftists, likely with no understanding of the law whatsoever. Similar to the idiot with a nose ring I once saw on Question Time who told the panel that the UK should scrap all immigration controls entirely and just leave the border open to the world.

jimenato Jul 18th 2020 11:54 am

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee (Post 12883510)

Quite.

The question however is ambiguous.

DaveLovesDee Jul 18th 2020 12:04 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12883514)
No, most of those 7.3% will just be bleeding heart leftists, likely with no understanding of the law whatsoever. Similar to the idiot with a nose ring I once saw on Question Time who told the panel that the UK should scrap all immigration controls entirely and just leave the border open to the world.

That's an opinion.

Red Eric Jul 18th 2020 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by DigitalGhost (Post 12883514)
No, most of those 7.3% will just be bleeding heart leftists, likely with no understanding of the law whatsoever.

Like the Conservative MP, ex army captain and current chair of the Defence Select Committee, Lieutenant Colonel The Right Honourable Tobias Ellwood, for example?