British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

macliam Apr 17th 2019 4:34 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12672328)
Haven't said it is unreasonable to demand due process. Just think that ISIS women should be called what they are and should be confronted with what they supported. Doesn't need to be though the law, can also be via de-radicalization processes, reports in the media about what happened, teaching children in the schools about the genocide. But please don't show them as innocents attachments to their husbands. They are not. They decided for themselves and they cannot simply return to their former live now they lost the fight.

I think you are on the wrong thread.
This is about a British citizen who had her citizenship revoked by the British Home Secretary with any recourse to the law and without evidence of wrongdoing. End.
This is not about due process against foreign fighters when they are returned to their countries.
This is not some kind of fantasy thread where crimes are excused because the accused is a female teenager.
You can attempt to denigrate my views as much as you like with sarcasm and inaccurate claims, but you will not close me down and I will call you out on it, so if you can't back up your attacks, don't try.

Bipat Apr 17th 2019 4:44 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12672348)
I think you are on the wrong thread.
This is about a British citizen who had her citizenship revoked by the British Home Secretary with any recourse to the law and without evidence of wrongdoing. End.
This is not about due process against foreign fighters when they are returned to their countries.
This is not some kind of fantasy thread where crimes are excused because the accused is a female teenager.
You can attempt to denigrate my views as much as you like with sarcasm and inaccurate claims, but you will not close me down and I will call you out on it, so if you can't back up your attacks, don't try.

The British Home Secretary revoked her British citizenship without evidence that she had dual nationality with another country.

She left the UK on a false passport and joined a terrorist group; there is evidence for this as evidence of "wrongdoing".

These are two separate issues.

Assanah Apr 17th 2019 4:59 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12672348)
I think you are on the wrong thread.
This is about a British citizen who had her citizenship revoked by the British Home Secretary with any recourse to the law and without evidence of wrongdoing. End.
This is not about due process against foreign fighters when they are returned to their countries.
This is not some kind of fantasy thread where crimes are excused because the accused is a female teenager.
You can attempt to denigrate my views as much as you like with sarcasm and inaccurate claims, but you will not close me down and I will call you out on it, so if you can't back up your attacks, don't try.

That seems to be your favourite attack. You won't close me down. I will call you out. Ok, so call me out. And please let me know for what? I have told you time and again that she joined a terrorist organisation on her own volition. She didn't even regret it. She said so. What do you call that? Innocence?

With regards to her citizenship have faith in due process. Once it is proven that the revocation was wrong she will get her passport back. After all evidence is put on their table. Did you see the evidence or are you just reading news reports.

macliam Apr 17th 2019 6:17 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12672360)
The British Home Secretary revoked her British citizenship without evidence that she had dual nationality with another country.

She left the UK on a false passport and joined a terrorist group; there is evidence for this as evidence of "wrongdoing".

These are two separate issues.

Let's not confuse what appears to be with what is - it's not illegal to LEAVE a country without a passport (or by extension on someone else's) - it may be illegal to enter a country without one, but that is not a British issue. As you say, Javid knee-jerked and he will be called to task for that.

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12672372)
That seems to be your favourite attack. You won't close me down. I will call you out. Ok, so call me out. And please let me know for what? I have told you time and again that she joined a terrorist organisation on her own volition. She didn't even regret it. She said so. What do you call that? Innocence?

With regards to her citizenship have faith in due process. Once it is proven that the revocation was wrong she will get her passport back. After all evidence is put on their table. Did you see the evidence or are you just reading news reports.

Interesting choice of words, I think you mean defence, not attack. It was you who accused me of being sexist and an apologist - you were incorrect and I have pointed it out, nothing more.
As for the rest, nobody is suggesting that she is "innocent", everything is a reaction to Javid's dog-whistle action of removing her citizenship and leaving her stateless. The problem with all this is, that he knows well that it will take months, if not years to undo his action and he'll still get kudos from those who agree with his action. Cynical win/win..

Boiler Apr 17th 2019 6:20 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
Seems a valid call, as well as being popular.

macliam Apr 17th 2019 6:36 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12672417)
Seems a valid call, as well as being popular.

That's you opinion - but not everything that's valid is correct, not everything that's popular is legal.

Boiler Apr 17th 2019 6:39 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
Legal call.

macliam Apr 17th 2019 6:47 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12672422)
Legal call.

Again, that is your opinion, many others disagree.... opinion is not fact.
It will now be assessed and only after that will there be clarity.

Boiler Apr 17th 2019 7:21 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
The science is in.

EMR Apr 17th 2019 10:48 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Assanah (Post 12672266)
SIgh, yes macliam you are the only voice of reason (together with EMR) in the sea of these terrible posters that want to kill innocent brown eyed-girls without due process. We are all ISIS-like except you and EMR. You are the brave fighters for the rule of law and justice. Congratulations.

You do think like Isis if Mob rule takes over from the the role of the courts , of law and justice.
If accusation no longer requires proof before reaching judgement..

stevenglish1 Apr 17th 2019 10:59 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12672518)
You do think like Isis if Mob rule takes over from the the role of the courts , of law and justice.
If accusation no longer requires proof before reaching judgement..

I get the feeling that a gas chamber would await the likes of us if you were in charge. Re-education camps for minor offenders.

Former Lancastrian Apr 18th 2019 1:37 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
We have a system so let the system work. Home Secretary stripped her of citizenship. She now has access to legal aid so her lawyer can now take it from here. I highly doubt the vast majority of UK citizens are losing any sleep over her predicament. Innocent or Guilty I don't care. Perhaps if she had not left the UK to become an ISIS bride then she would not be stuck in the situation that she now finds herself in.

materialcontroller Aug 18th 2019 8:51 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
Another one who deserves everything he gets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49390207




BritInParis Aug 18th 2019 10:13 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12724514)
Another one who deserves everything he gets.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49390207

I hope he likes maple syrup.

materialcontroller Aug 18th 2019 10:17 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12724532)
I hope he likes maple syrup.

:lol:

Canada is welcome to keep him.


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.