Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Isn't that what she wanted? Surely she would welcome that?
I assume she will be subject to that where she is?
Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:33 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Isn't that what she wanted? Surely she would welcome that?
Quite possibly, and I expect the British far right would be happy too - give them more to complain about.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:53 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Well we are getting ahead of ourselves she has due process for her crimes in Syria to contend with first,
What due process, she is in a refugee camp alongside thousands of other women and children..
Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:54 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
It doesn't work. I tried clapping and the indicator didn't move
Try this one

Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:55 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

I assume she will be subject to that where she is?
Old Apr 15th 2019, 3:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
What due process, she is in a refugee camp alongside thousands of other women and children..
Currently yes, but she has to go through the justice process for her crimes. I assume that will not be quick with so many to process.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 4:00 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Try this one

Thanks, I like this one. It's all over the place, just like me
Old Apr 15th 2019, 4:22 pm
Forum Regular

TheAwesomeMatt has a brilliant futureTheAwesomeMatt has a brilliant futureTheAwesomeMatt has a brilliant futureTheAwesomeMatt has a brilliant futureTheAwesomeMatt has a brilliant futureTheAwesomeMatt has a brilliant future

Her punishment should be according to her own belief systems?

Well I can see that she is entitled to take the case through the system, how you morally justify paying her legal defence costs and not those of others dealing with the legal system is a mystery. So much for equality.
Legal aid funding has been cut by almost 40% in the last decade, we should probably be placing some pressure on those doing the cutting.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 4:35 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Currently yes, but she has to go through the justice process for her crimes. I assume that will not be quick with so many to process.
What process, the International court , the Syrian dictatorship, the Kurdish nationalists, who ?
Are you including all the child soldiers in your fantasy land..
The Tinies whose toys are wooden guns because that is all they know..
Old Apr 15th 2019, 4:35 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by TheAwesomeMatt View Post
Legal aid funding has been cut by almost 40% in the last decade, we should probably be placing some pressure on those doing the cutting.
I understand the issues, anyway from the Graun

How did legal aid change?

In the 1980s, the growing cost to the taxpayer of the legal aid budget became a political issue. Total legal payments by 1986 had risen to £419m a year, though the net cost after contributions were recovered was £342m. That year the first cuts to entitlements were introduced.

More than half of the funds were by that stage being spent in the criminal courts. During the Thatcher administration responsibility for legal aid expenditure was transferred to the Legal Aid Board. Its successor is now the Legal Aid Agency.

Costs continued to rise. Legal aid spending stood at £1.4bn by 1995-96 and reached around £2.2bn in 2010. Labour went into the 2010 election vowing to cut mainly criminal legal aid.
Current figure seems to be c1.6bn and now only 20% qualify for it. So to reinstate Legal Aid well nobody knows what that might be but lets use a nice round number of 10bn, Plus of course I would anticipate that the Court system would need to be significantly expanded to cope with all the extra cases.

So what do you do, after all that is money that can not be spent on other things.

My main point was if you are going to seriously restrict legal aid then the funding of this case strikes me as being a hard sell.

Old Apr 15th 2019, 4:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

What process, the International court , the Syrian dictatorship, the Kurdish nationalists, who ?
Are you including all the child soldiers in your fantasy land..
The Tinies whose toys are wooden guns because that is all they know..
The obvious place would be in the Country she committed her crimes. They would have jurisdiction. That is where crimes are normally dealt with.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:01 pm
EMR
Banned

The obvious place would be in the Country she committed her crimes. They would have jurisdiction. That is where crimes are normally dealt with.
Which country are you referring to, there is non in that part of the world with a working judicial system .
You do not have a clue just spouting popularist claptrap..
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:07 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Which country are you referring to, there is non in that part of the world with a working judicial system .
You do not have a clue just spouting popularist claptrap..
Your posts are coming across as distinctly racist, of course they have a judicial system.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:11 pm
EMR
Banned

Your posts are coming across as distinctly racist, of course they have a judicial system.
SYRIA. Iraq. TURKEY, the kurdish enclaves. do you follow the news.
Old Apr 15th 2019, 5:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SYRIA. Iraq. TURKEY, the kurdish enclaves. do you follow the news.
I have been to Turkey 3 times, now I am no expert on their legal system but they do have one. Personally I would give Syria and Iraq a miss.

I am not sure what you are trying to say, only Countries with legal systems you approve of are valid?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.