British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

BristolUK Mar 15th 2019 9:54 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654515)
My point is that Robinson wasn't involved, yet they're trying to form a link because they share some beliefs...What you've just done to Robinson is the flip side of saying 'all Muslims read the same book, so they're all potential terrorists. ...

No it's not the same at all. TR and this guy down under are sharing extreme views of the world without knowing each other and the truck driving mass killer is sharing extreme views with ISIS leaders encouraging such behaviour.

The key is extreme.

Fred West probably read Brer Rabbit when he was a boy. That doesn't make other Brer Rabbit fans potential sexual torturers.
But if he and Rosemary both had posters of the Moors Murderers on their bedroom walls then one might have a better case for linking their extreme behaviours.

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 10:31 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12654527)
So you do not feel for the people of Christchurch, or London, Paris, Manchester, Berlin , or any other cities that have had to deal with terrorism of this sort whoever carried it out.
Instead you seem more concerned about the British Looney right having influenced the killer.

I'm as concerned as the next man, but I don't feel the need to try and get my little bit of the spotlight, what you and your friends are doing is saying 'this is really sad and all, but don't forget about me' which is ****ing pathetic.

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12654530)
No it's not the same at all. TR and this guy down under are sharing extreme views of the world without knowing each other and the truck driving mass killer is sharing extreme views with ISIS leaders encouraging such behaviour.

The key is extreme.

No, the key is hypocricy.. Robinson has publicly condemned the attack, yet that means nothing to you. When there's an ISIS attack, leading Muslims' condemnation is met with cynicism from right wingers and they are roundly condemned as tarring all Muslims with the same brush.

You can't have it both ways.

BristolUK Mar 15th 2019 10:38 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654559)
No, the key is hypocricy.. Robinson has publicly condemned the attack, yet that means nothing to you.

It's good that he condemns it. But the point being discussed wasn't whether he's in favour of what the guy did but that that they both have extreme views in common as illustrated by those tweets telling Muslims to "**** off out of the country" for being nothing more than muslim.

Not exactly tolerant and quite akin to encouraging fear or get out of "our" country as espoused by the shooter.

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 10:46 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12654569)
It's good that he condemns it. But the point being discussed wasn't whether he's in favour of what the guy did but that that they both have extreme views in common as illustrated by those tweets telling Muslims to "**** off out of the country" for being nothing more than muslim.

Not exactly tolerant and quite akin to encouraging fear or get out of "our" country as espoused by the shooter.

Certainly not making our Tommy out to be an angel, but how long ago were those tweets? I'd be very surprised if they're from his post EDL days, and before you say once a racist always a racist, bear in mind that your beloved DLD admitted to the odd paki joke as a youngster.

BristolUK Mar 16th 2019 12:03 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654575)
Certainly not making our Tommy out to be an angel, but how long ago were those tweets? I'd be very surprised if they're from his post EDL days, and before you say once a racist always a racist, bear in mind that your beloved DLD admitted to the odd paki joke as a youngster.

I have no idea. You appear to be the expert on "your" Tommy. Who is DLD? :confused:

Boiler Mar 16th 2019 12:13 am

I think we need a sense of perspective, and return to topic.

However many were killed in NZ it was a one off and would be considered an good mornings work by Shamimas lot.

There is no comparison as far as the numbers are concerned.

stevenglish1 Mar 16th 2019 2:52 am

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12654598)
I have no idea. You appear to be the expert on "your" Tommy. Who is DLD? :confused:

Well at least we can agree on something. Why would I ask questions about someone I'm an expert on? Not much of an expert am I?

Boiler Mar 17th 2019 7:09 pm

Her Lawyer went to Syria and says the SDF would not him in to see her so that puts the kibosh on the UK Government sending some sort of rescue party.

Former Lancastrian Mar 17th 2019 7:55 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12655332)
Her Lawyer went to Syria and says the SDF would not him in to see her so that puts the kibosh on the UK Government sending some sort of rescue party.

Rescue parties usually avoid Customs/Immigration officials or at least give false names and a false story as to why they are in X country. I am guessing the SBS/SAS haven't been canvassed yet to see if a rescue operation is feasible.

EMR Mar 17th 2019 10:16 pm

UK this weekend stabbing being treated as a far right terrorist attack.
Christchurch copy cat.

Thairetired2016 Mar 18th 2019 1:48 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12655414)
Christchurch copy cat.

Can't have been of much concern as BBC world didn't even mention it. There hasn't been any news another than Christchurch attack for some days. What is the point of giving either side such a media platform?
But for the press Shamima could have continued her happy life in the caliphate and NZ wouldn't have a copycat.

Boiler Mar 18th 2019 2:13 am

Originally Posted by Thairetired2016 (Post 12655476)
Can't have been of much concern as BBC world didn't even mention it. There hasn't been any news another than Christchurch attack for some days. What is the point of giving either side such a media platform?
But for the press Shamima could have continued her happy life in the caliphate and NZ wouldn't have a copycat.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...communications

Graun had it, the far left vs the far right always confuses me, they seem to have a lot in common.

stevenglish1 Mar 18th 2019 8:06 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12655414)
Christchurch copy cat.

I'd mention the 20 Christians killed in a cathederal attack in the Philipines if I were you. Else someone who thinks like you will assume that you don't give a shit.

EMR Mar 18th 2019 8:44 am

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12655549)
I'd mention the 20 Christians killed in a cathederal attack in the Philipines if I were you. Else someone who thinks like you will assume that you don't give a shit.

Unlike you I don,t differentiate between those who hold views that have no place in a civilsed society, be they Muslim extremists, so called budddhists in Myamnar, Hindus , right-wing nutters, christan fundamentalists or those who inspire them..

stevenglish1 Mar 18th 2019 9:04 am

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12655558)
Unlike you I don,t differentiate between those who hold views that have no place in a civilsed society, be they Muslim extremists, so called budddhists in Myamnar, Hindus , right-wing nutters, christan fundamentalists or those who inspire them..

Unlike you to let something go completely over your head :sarcasm: Next time someone mentions a couple of Islamic attacks, let's see what your response is.