British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

Boiler Mar 15th 2019 5:28 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12654343)

No need he has published his beliefs and motivation across the web and on social media
I will not get into a stupid petty argument comparing the deeds of a mass murderer of innocent women and children with a stupid girl.
They deserve far more respect and our sympathies..

Shamima also published her beliefs and motivations, but we have pages of you going on about the need to interview her and the benefits it would bring.

Perhaps you need to discuss this with your friend in Afghanistan.

So you want to move straight to deprogramming without getting worthwhile intelligence?

anotherlimey Mar 15th 2019 5:32 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12654289)
The focus should of course be on interviewing him, he will no doubt be a wealth of information.

And then the focus can switch to deprogramming.

if only he had waited for them to bomb civilians in an airstrike, he would have been totally justified.

EMR Mar 15th 2019 5:45 pm

Not one word of sympathy for the dead , need I say anymore.

anotherlimey Mar 15th 2019 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12654408)
Not one word of sympathy for the dead , need I say anymore.

you only say it when it happens in the west, that's your problem. The hypocrisy in your posts is astounding.

your poster child joined after ISIS did this 1000 times to their fellow muslims in Iraq and Syria. Bet you cried every time.

macliam Mar 15th 2019 6:49 pm

What happened in New Zealand was an outrage, but it was also an attempt to call out to like-minded people around the world.
It was as sick and as cynical as the horrors of daesh.

I condemn all acts of outrage against the innocent and attempts to justify them.
I condemn the perpetrators for their actions, even if they are convinced of their justification.
I condemn those who direct such acts, whilst remaining in comparative safety.
Ignorance and the thirst for revenge are widespread, but the manipulation of such people is the real evil.
However, I reserve my greatest condemnation for state forces who abuse the powers given to them for defence, to advance political ideology or geopolitical gain and I condemn the politicians behind them unreservedly.

Boiler Mar 15th 2019 7:12 pm

Originally Posted by anotherlimey (Post 12654412)
you only say it when it happens in the west, that's your problem. The hypocrisy in your posts is astounding.

your poster child joined after ISIS did this 1000 times to their fellow Muslims in Iraq and Syria. Bet you cried every time.

If there was any EMR comment I missed it.

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 8:01 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12654106)
Where is the condemnation of the attack on a mosque by what appears to be a right wing Looney, killing women and children.
You Don,t have to think , like Isis, to have The same beliefs as Isis, to act like Isis., which this terrorist has demonstrated.
We have just sent our sympathies to friends Christchurch ..

It's literally in the post you quoted, would you rather I said something like thoughts and prayers?

How were your friends involved?

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 8:55 pm

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian (Post 12654142)
It will come don't worry just maybe not as quick as you are hoping or in not as a forceful way as the media would if this was an attack by Islamic fundamentalists.

And it would seem that in at least afew articles on the subject they mention Tommy Robinson, almost as if they want to establish a link between the two that isn't there, and send people into a stir. Always looking for an angle to use a tragedy like this to suit their agenda. RIP:thumbdown:

EMR Mar 15th 2019 9:02 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654470)
It's literally in the post you quoted, would you rather I said something like thoughts and prayers?

How were your friends involved?

They live in Christchurch.

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12654503)
They live in Christchurch.

So not involved then?

BristolUK Mar 15th 2019 9:17 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654497)
And it would seem that in at least afew articles on the subject they mention Tommy Robinson, almost as if they want to establish a link between the two that isn't there...

I dunno....you read TR's stuff here - https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robi...s-hate-tweets/ - and there doesn't seem a great deal of difference between him and the sort of stuff coming out about the shooter.

They don't need to know each other for there to be a link, just as a lone wolf truck driving mass murderer doesn't have to know ISIS members for there to be a link.

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 9:32 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12654508)
I dunno....you read TR's stuff here - https://resistinghate.org/tommy-robi...s-hate-tweets/ - and there doesn't seem a great deal of difference between him and the sort of stuff coming out about the shooter.

They don't need to know each other for there to be a link, just as a lone wolf truck driving mass murderer doesn't have to know ISIS members for there to be a link.

My point is that Robinson wasn't involved, yet they're trying to form a link because they share some beliefs although he's openy condemned the attack. Probably can't search for Christchurch attack now without finding some mention of Robinson.

Now turn that around and an ISIS member kills afew people, mention Islam and ather Muslims and oh Lordy the world goes nuts, What you've just done to Robinson is the flip side of saying 'all Muslims read the same book, so they're all potential terrorists. Strange how one causes outrage and the other does not.

EMR Mar 15th 2019 9:33 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654506)
So not involved then?

They live in Christchurch, idiot.
Do you actually give a ****** about the events that happened there today.

stevenglish1 Mar 15th 2019 9:43 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12654517)
They live in Christchurch, idiot.
Do you actually give a ****** about the events that happened there today.

I brought those events up if you read back afew posts. Of course I give a ****, but I reserve my sympathy for those who suffered loss, I don't make a grab for any of that sympathy by claiming proximity to the events.

You're cleary the sort of person who marks themselves 'safe' on social media after a disaster because you're on the same continent.

EMR Mar 15th 2019 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12654524)
I brought those events up if you read back afew posts. Of course I give a ****, but I reserve my sympathy for those who suffered loss, I don't make a grab for any of that sympathy by proclaiming proximity to the events.

So you do not feel for the people of Christchurch, or London, Paris, Manchester, Berlin , or any other cities that have had to deal with terrorism of this sort whoever carried it out.
Instead you seem more concerned about the British Looney right having influenced the killer.