Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Old Mar 13th 2019, 9:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
You mean someone who has been there is second hand knowledge...
He is certainly against killing innocent women and children.
I won,t say where he has been based , he would not appreciate it, but has first hand experience in the subject we are discussing...
EMR --You have 'double' standards. The Talban leadership is based in Pakistan.
In another part of the Forum during a discussion regarding terrorism you posted the words, supporting Pakistan-----
"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"!!!
Old Mar 13th 2019, 9:37 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
EMR --You have 'double' standards. The Talban leadership is based in Pakistan.
In another part of the Forum during a discussion regarding terrorism you posted the words, supporting Pakistan-----
"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"!!!
​​​​​​
The fight for the rights of self determination in Kashmir goes back decades before the rise of the Taliban
You are confused Bipat.
I did not support Pakistan but the rights of Kashmiris for self determination.

Last edited by EMR; Mar 13th 2019 at 9:43 pm.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 9:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​
The fight for the rights of self determination in Kashmir goes back decades before the rise of the Taliban
You are confused Bipat.
I did not support Pakistan but the rights of Kashmiris for self determination.
The discussion was regarding terrorism. The Taliban leadership is based in Pakistan.
Suggest you ask your friend!
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:00 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
The discussion was regarding terrorism. The Taliban leadership is based in Pakistan.
Suggest you ask your friend!
​​​​​​
This discussion is about how to deal with Isis not Kashmir.
Start your own.
Do you want US and UK planes dropping bombs in Kashmir.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:15 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

​​​​​​
This discussion is about how to deal with Isis not Kashmir.
Start your own.
Do you want US and UK planes dropping bombs in Kashmir.
Actually , this discussion is about Shamina Begum and whether or not the countries, that she and others like her rejected for a terrorist violent caliphate, should risk & use people and funds to aid repatriation. Or whether it is in the respected countries best interests to not do so.

You yourself posted about the Taliban in Afghanistan . That is also not about ISIS, Iraq and Syria.

Let's keep it reasonably on topic.

Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:19 pm
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by BEVS View Post
Actually , this discussion is about Shamina Begum and whether or not the countries, that she and others like her rejected for a terrorist violent caliphate, should risk & use people and funds to aid repatriation. Or whether it is in the respected countries best interests to not do so.

You yourself posted about the Taliban in Afghanistan . That is also not about ISIS, Iraq and Syria.

Let's keep it reasonably on topic.
In response to anotherlimey Let's be accurate..
Begum is, was part of Isis which is Syria and Iraq.
She is where she is, the state she is in because of her involvement with Isis in Syria.
You cannot discuss Begum without discussing her beliefs which are the reason she is regarded as a threat to the UK. .
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:34 pm
Somewhere

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

In response to anotherlimey Let's be accurate..
*sigh* Let's be clear then.
Let's keep this reasonably on topic.
Let's not get too snippy with each others when they make their points or call a point of order in a way. It spoils the discussion for everyone.

Originally Posted by EMR
You cannot discuss Begum without discussing her beliefs which are the reason she is regarded as a threat to the UK.
Quite. That states the obvious & which many have opined.

I think my patience is a bit thin this morning.
Old Mar 13th 2019, 10:42 pm
Somewhere

This was in reply to Shard.

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
I felt a bit mean about doing that to you, sometimes replies can come across as too personal.

I think that is my point, and why I came to my conclusion. It is an asymmetrical situation.
It is.

Old Mar 14th 2019, 8:43 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
In your opinion - in hers it was to move to a declared caliphate. Both are equally wrong. In any case, unless she actively committed a crime it is still guilt by association.

Let's be accurate, she moved to the caliphate, not territory controlled by Syria.

But, according to your logic, by going there you have justified their sale of pizzas.

You have already decided she is "guilty" and are just trying to justify your stance. However, your view that she is guilty is just your personal opinion, not fact.
In my, and many millions of fellow Brits' opinions. You're mistaken if you think anyone is happy about the previous 400 being let back in. Doubtless the timing is a distraction, as we know the last thing this government gives a shit about is its citizens' safety.

Moving to Syria doesn't make someone a terrorist, however moving to Syria with the intent of joining a murderous bunch of serial decapitators? I think that kind of does.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 9:26 am
EMR
Banned

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
In my, and many millions of fellow Brits' opinions. You're mistaken if you think anyone is happy about the previous 400 being let back in. Doubtless the timing is a distraction, as we know the last thing this government gives a shit about is its citizens' safety.

Moving to Syria doesn't make someone a terrorist, however moving to Syria with the intent of joining a murderous bunch of serial decapitators? I think that kind of does.
So are you equating belief with action ?
Someone who believes the same way as those who kill and murder should be judged in the same way , is that your belief,
Would you apply that universally to any group , any belief structure , any religion whose members resort to terror in one form or another.?

Last edited by EMR; Mar 14th 2019 at 9:31 am.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 9:30 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

So are you equating belief with action ?
No, quite obviously I'm not.

If you're going to edit your post then at least do it before I've replied.

You're using your usual straw man to lead you and others to the conclusion that I'm a raging racist, which is utter bollocks

Last edited by stevenglish1; Mar 14th 2019 at 9:37 am.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 9:34 am
EMR
Banned

No, quite obviously I'm not.
So what makes Begun any different from others ?
Old Mar 14th 2019, 11:33 am
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

I don't care - millions might support the death penalty due to ignorance, but that doesn't sway the moral compass. The actions taken (which are actually to fob off any action to someone else) will do nothing to prevent future radicalization and grooming of home-grown activists - quite the reverse. My concern is that whilst focus is on this one individual and Javid has appeased the blood-lust, the authorities will quietly do bugger all monitoring of those who have returned, because that's the hard bit.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 11:35 am

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

So what makes Begun any different from others ?
Nothing. We should ship the other 400 back out to live with her in her hole in the desert.
Old Mar 14th 2019, 11:47 am
Dedicated European

Expatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond reputeExpatrick has a reputation beyond repute

I believe Cape Wrath is very nice, this time of year - & as it's regularly used as a bombing range ex IS members should feel totally at home.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.