British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

Bipat Mar 13th 2019 8:32 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12653138)
You mean someone who has been there is second hand knowledge...
He is certainly against killing innocent women and children.
I won,t say where he has been based , he would not appreciate it, but has first hand experience in the subject we are discussing...

EMR --You have 'double' standards. The Talban leadership is based in Pakistan.
In another part of the Forum during a discussion regarding terrorism you posted the words, supporting Pakistan-----
"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"!!!

EMR Mar 13th 2019 8:37 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12653201)
EMR --You have 'double' standards. The Talban leadership is based in Pakistan.
In another part of the Forum during a discussion regarding terrorism you posted the words, supporting Pakistan-----
"One mans terrorist is another mans freedom fighter"!!!

​​​​​​
The fight for the rights of self determination in Kashmir goes back decades before the rise of the Taliban
You are confused Bipat.
I did not support Pakistan but the rights of Kashmiris for self determination.





.

Bipat Mar 13th 2019 8:55 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12653205)
​​​​​​
The fight for the rights of self determination in Kashmir goes back decades before the rise of the Taliban
You are confused Bipat.
I did not support Pakistan but the rights of Kashmiris for self determination.
.

The discussion was regarding terrorism. The Taliban leadership is based in Pakistan.
Suggest you ask your friend!

EMR Mar 13th 2019 9:00 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12653221)
The discussion was regarding terrorism. The Taliban leadership is based in Pakistan.
Suggest you ask your friend!

​​​​​​
This discussion is about how to deal with Isis not Kashmir.
Start your own.
Do you want US and UK planes dropping bombs in Kashmir.

BEVS Mar 13th 2019 9:15 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12653229)
​​​​​​
This discussion is about how to deal with Isis not Kashmir.
Start your own.
Do you want US and UK planes dropping bombs in Kashmir.

Actually , this discussion is about Shamina Begum and whether or not the countries, that she and others like her rejected for a terrorist violent caliphate, should risk & use people and funds to aid repatriation. Or whether it is in the respected countries best interests to not do so.

You yourself posted about the Taliban in Afghanistan . That is also not about ISIS, Iraq and Syria.

Let's keep it reasonably on topic.











EMR Mar 13th 2019 9:19 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by BEVS (Post 12653236)
Actually , this discussion is about Shamina Begum and whether or not the countries, that she and others like her rejected for a terrorist violent caliphate, should risk & use people and funds to aid repatriation. Or whether it is in the respected countries best interests to not do so.

You yourself posted about the Taliban in Afghanistan . That is also not about ISIS, Iraq and Syria.

Let's keep it reasonably on topic.

In response to anotherlimey Let's be accurate..
Begum is, was part of Isis which is Syria and Iraq.
She is where she is, the state she is in because of her involvement with Isis in Syria.
You cannot discuss Begum without discussing her beliefs which are the reason she is regarded as a threat to the UK. .

BEVS Mar 13th 2019 9:34 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12653237)
In response to anotherlimey Let's be accurate..
.

*sigh* Let's be clear then.
Let's keep this reasonably on topic.
Let's not get too snippy with each others when they make their points or call a point of order in a way. It spoils the discussion for everyone.


Originally Posted by EMR
You cannot discuss Begum without discussing her beliefs which are the reason she is regarded as a threat to the UK.

Quite. That states the obvious & which many have opined.

I think my patience is a bit thin this morning.

BEVS Mar 13th 2019 9:42 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
This was in reply to Shard.


Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12652847)
I felt a bit mean about doing that to you, sometimes replies can come across as too personal.

I think that is my point, and why I came to my conclusion. It is an asymmetrical situation.

It is.


stevenglish1 Mar 14th 2019 7:43 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by macliam (Post 12652852)
In your opinion - in hers it was to move to a declared caliphate. Both are equally wrong. In any case, unless she actively committed a crime it is still guilt by association.

Let's be accurate, she moved to the caliphate, not territory controlled by Syria.

But, according to your logic, by going there you have justified their sale of pizzas.

You have already decided she is "guilty" and are just trying to justify your stance. However, your view that she is guilty is just your personal opinion, not fact.

In my, and many millions of fellow Brits' opinions. You're mistaken if you think anyone is happy about the previous 400 being let back in. Doubtless the timing is a distraction, as we know the last thing this government gives a shit about is its citizens' safety.

Moving to Syria doesn't make someone a terrorist, however moving to Syria with the intent of joining a murderous bunch of serial decapitators? I think that kind of does.

EMR Mar 14th 2019 8:26 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12653391)
In my, and many millions of fellow Brits' opinions. You're mistaken if you think anyone is happy about the previous 400 being let back in. Doubtless the timing is a distraction, as we know the last thing this government gives a shit about is its citizens' safety.

Moving to Syria doesn't make someone a terrorist, however moving to Syria with the intent of joining a murderous bunch of serial decapitators? I think that kind of does.

So are you equating belief with action ?
Someone who believes the same way as those who kill and murder should be judged in the same way , is that your belief,
Would you apply that universally to any group , any belief structure , any religion whose members resort to terror in one form or another.?


stevenglish1 Mar 14th 2019 8:30 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12653412)
So are you equating belief with action ?

No, quite obviously I'm not.

If you're going to edit your post then at least do it before I've replied.

You're using your usual straw man to lead you and others to the conclusion that I'm a raging racist, which is utter bollocks

EMR Mar 14th 2019 8:34 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12653415)
No, quite obviously I'm not.

So what makes Begun any different from others ?

macliam Mar 14th 2019 10:33 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12653391)
In my, and many millions of fellow Brits' opinions. You're mistaken if you think anyone is happy about the previous 400 being let back in. Doubtless the timing is a distraction, as we know the last thing this government gives a shit about is its citizens' safety.

Moving to Syria doesn't make someone a terrorist, however moving to Syria with the intent of joining a murderous bunch of serial decapitators? I think that kind of does.

I don't care - millions might support the death penalty due to ignorance, but that doesn't sway the moral compass. The actions taken (which are actually to fob off any action to someone else) will do nothing to prevent future radicalization and grooming of home-grown activists - quite the reverse. My concern is that whilst focus is on this one individual and Javid has appeased the blood-lust, the authorities will quietly do bugger all monitoring of those who have returned, because that's the hard bit.

Nutek Mar 14th 2019 10:35 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12653416)
So what makes Begun any different from others ?

Nothing. We should ship the other 400 back out to live with her in her hole in the desert.

Expatrick Mar 14th 2019 10:47 am

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 
I believe Cape Wrath is very nice, this time of year - & as it's regularly used as a bombing range ex IS members should feel totally at home.


All times are GMT. The time now is 4:19 pm.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.