Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Assanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond reputeAssanah has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Can you advise me of the specific punishments meted out to the wives and families of Nazis? You can only prosecute and convict someone for actions where they are responsible - not for the actions of others.

If we go down the road of punishing everyone who supports a terrorist, we do not emulate the Allied powers who defeated Nazism, but of the Nazis themselves.
Abetting is a crime. Having slaves is a crime. Not helping someone in dire need is a crime. Let's the courts prosecute her. To just talk about her as a poor abused women is just sexist in my view. Women are just things, subordinate to the husband. Innocent, weak blablabla. Before putting her into the poor women category why not investigate her first. Maybe she was a slave holder?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:40 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
There is no such thing as a non risk solution its about reducing risk..
Well the risk of Shamima's son being radicalized has certainly been reduced. On that narrow point, Boiler may actually be correct.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 6:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
Abetting is a crime. Having slaves is a crime. Not helping someone in dire need is a crime. Let's the courts prosecute her. To just talk about her as a poor abused women is just sexist in my view. Women are just things, subordinate to the husband. Innocent, weak blablabla. Before putting her into the poor women category why not investigate her first. Maybe she was a slave holder?
In the UK it is but this took place where it was not.

I do find it amusing how some seem to twist themselves into knots, what happened to MeToo, BelieveWomen, there is an article in the Graun that is on the edge of calling Islam a Cult, yet they are usually the ones bringing up Islamophobia.

Is this racism/genderism, why can we not believe what she said and did?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:10 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pulaski View Post
Well the risk of Shamima's son being radicalized has certainly been reduced. On that narrow point, Boiler may actually be correct.
Not a point of view any right thinking person should support..
To think that way makes us no better than Isis..
Old Mar 11th 2019, 7:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Not a point of view any right thinking person should support..
To think that way makes us no better than Isis..
You were the one was wanted risk reduction. Mr P just stated the obvious.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:04 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
You were the one was wanted risk reduction. Mr P just stated the obvious.
Really , your idea of risk reduction is dead babies, I hope not..
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:14 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Really , your idea of risk reduction is dead babies, I hope not..
As a realist I would suggest that many of the immediate peers of Shamima's son in the refugee camps will be taking up arms within 15 years, not "might" but "will". That is the reality of the situation.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:18 pm
EMR
Banned

As a realist I would suggest that many of the immediate peers of Shamima's son in the refugee camps will be taking up arms within 15 years, not "might" but "will". That is the reality of the situation.
Which is why the British government and probably others are looking at ways of removing their child nationals from the camps...
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:19 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Are you looking to re-write Genesis of the Daleks?

Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:23 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Assanah View Post
......... and maybe she wasn't. Ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty" - or do you prefer mob rule, if you don't believe in rehabilitation?

I find it incredible that so many people have already written her off as so much trash for someone else to dispose of, based on the "evidence" of media reports. Would the same be done in other circumstances - would you suggest that the girlfriend of a burglar should suffer the same fate as her partner? Or is there something special about her, apart from her being in the spotlight?

Daesh follow a perversion of Islam, a cruel and unforgiving doctrine that attempts to "justify" the mistreatment of their victims - but that doesn't give us the right to do the same.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:31 pm
L/R

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
......... and maybe she wasn't. Ever heard of "innocent until proven guilty" - or do you prefer mob rule, if you don't believe in rehabilitation?

I find it incredible that so many people have already written her off as so much trash for someone else to dispose of, based on the "evidence" of media reports. Would the same be done in other circumstances - would you suggest that the girlfriend of a burglar should suffer the same fate as her partner? ...
The last time I checked, burglarism wasn't a homicidal cult.

If you lay down with the dogs, …..
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

The last time I checked, burglarism wasn't a homicidal cult.

If you lay down with the dogs, …..
"Burglarism"? Is that like Cape's "wiseness".

Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:36 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
"Burglarism"? Is that like Cape's "wiseness".
I think it may be like plagiarism. A sort of copycat crime involving B&E.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Well these things are giving me a bad case of annoyedism
Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:44 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
​​​​You'd be getting a K if I knew how to work it on my phone.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.