Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Old Mar 11th 2019, 8:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
Semantics. Always a good distraction.
Well, the first step for a recovering alcoholic is to admit he is one, so nothing new there. Perhaps we should not call psychopaths abnormal, because they don't see themselves as such?
We live in a multi cultural society, there are millions who do not share your view of their behaviour. I doubt very much they would appreciate your white saviour attitude.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:17 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
Ah I see my location comes into play again, tell me, as I'm in Australia does that make me a racist who hates Abo's blah blah blah, you need to change that record it totally undermines any good points you may have. They could just as easily be radicalized in the UK, where they let the likes of Anjem Chowdry out after what, 2 years of a 5 1/2 rear sentence? The people who make these decisions never seem to be taking chances with their own safety do they?
There is a 100% chance of them joining Isis living in an Isis society.
As the children, British citizens the UK has an opportunity to reduce that risk, not just to the UK but even you in Aus ..

Last edited by EMR; Mar 11th 2019 at 9:22 am.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:21 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
In this particular case she was 15 and a A Student, so not sure how that would apply, most others seem to be relatively comfortable, her Father went back and married a second wife but the rest of the family stayed. He travels it seems so has money.

There are and have been people much worse off but they do not engage in such activities.
This is exactly right, I had a financially poor upbringing, worst I ever did at 15 was a touch of shoplifting and start smoking. When are people going to be held accountable for their actions? 51 years I've been around, I've always lived within the law aside from afew driving offences and the shoplifting, both of which I attoned for. It's not difficult.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:26 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

This is exactly right, I had a financially poor upbringing, worst I ever did at 15 was a touch of shoplifting and start smoking. When are people going to be held accountable for their actions? 51 years I've been around, I've always lived within the law aside from afew driving offences and the shoplifting, both of which I attoned for. It's not difficult.
Life was very different all those decades ago.
What we our generations would like, what we think should be done, how we think people should think and behave , ain,t never going to happen..

Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:30 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR View Post
There is a 100% chance of them joining Isis living in an Isis society.
As the children, British citizens the UK has an opportunity to reduce that risk, not just to the UK but even you in Aus ..
I've never had a problem with the kids coming in / back, and I think to have an issue with it is pretty heartless, but the parents are another matter, the UK should take every opportunity to piss them off out of the way. They already made their choice, and as teenage rebellion goes it's the big one. At 15 I knew it was wrong to chop people's heads off.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:33 am
idealist

Life was very different all those decades ago.
What we our generations would like, what we think should be done, how we think people should think and behave , ain,t never going to happen..
So what, we all do a Sadiq Khan and accept terrorism and radical Islam as just a part of life?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:38 am
EMR
Banned

So what, we all do a Sadiq Khan and accept terrorism and radical Islam as just a part of life?
They are..
Old Mar 11th 2019, 9:43 am
idealist

They are..
So what, just accept it ? You can't seriously be suggesting that? There are plenty of other things that are 'part of life' that I find equally reprehensible, but we're not talking about cannabis here, can't just turn a blind eye because so many people are doing it.

Last edited by stevenglish1; Mar 11th 2019 at 9:47 am.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 10:09 am
EMR
Banned

So what, just accept it ? You can't seriously be suggesting that? There are plenty of other things that are 'part of life' that I find equally reprehensible, but we're not talking about cannabis here, can't just turn a blind eye because so many people are doing it.

So what is your solution, we buy oil, we sell arms, we have tens thousands employed in companies who rely on trade with countries who promote extreme Islam.
We invade, bomb , creating a climate of revenge.
We have to be better at reducing the risk , but that risk will always be with us..
leaving British children to grow job as Isis supporters is not reducing the risk..
Old Mar 11th 2019, 2:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

So what is your solution, we buy oil, we sell arms, we have tens thousands employed in companies who rely on trade with countries who promote extreme Islam.
We invade, bomb , creating a climate of revenge.
We have to be better at reducing the risk , but that risk will always be with us..
leaving British children to grow job as Isis supporters is not reducing the risk..
Most children follow their in their Parents footsteps, what are you proposing for these children?
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:14 pm
EMR
Banned

Most children follow their in their Parents footsteps, what are you proposing for these children?
In the UK children judged to be risk can be removed from the care of their parents.,
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:23 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Very good interview with a journalist that met Shamima. It's on LBC Shelagh Fogerty show at 2:10pm (11/3 available on Catch Up). He pointed out that although all the ISIS brides claim to have been not involved, the Yazitzi women all claim that they were abused and imprisoned by ISIS brides. He doesn't believe Hunt is credible in not being able to rescue the child. He also made the case that they key issue is not sympathy for Shamima, but security risk to the UK, which I think he thought was high. Worth a listen if you can find the stream.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Very good interview with a journalist that met Shamima. It's on LBC Shelagh Fogerty show at 2:10pm (11/3 available on Catch Up). He pointed out that although all the ISIS brides claim to have been not involved, the Yazitzi women all claim that they were abused and imprisoned by ISIS brides. He doesn't believe Hunt is credible in not being able to rescue the child. He also made the case that they key issue is not sympathy for Shamima, but security risk to the UK, which I think he thought was high. Worth a listen if you can find the stream.
Wondered where she had gone, was on BBC Radio 5.

I have read interviews with ISI Brides where the reasoning has been explained, in Islam the Yazidi women are considered property and consequently there is no issue.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 3:57 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

We live in a multi cultural society, there are millions who do not share your view of their behaviour. I doubt very much they would appreciate your white saviour attitude.
Ah - a new buzzword/term to disparage argument - "white saviour".
So pleased you keep up with the news.
I ignore any comment using these trash terms, as will many others.
Old Mar 11th 2019, 4:03 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Wondered where she had gone, was on BBC Radio 5.

I have read interviews with ISI Brides where the reasoning has been explained, in Islam the Yazidi women are considered property and consequently there is no issue.
She's been on LBC for a few years now. She's quite good, balanced. I didn't know her before.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.