British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

BritInParis Feb 21st 2019 3:25 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641079)
Neither, there is a legal challenge in the UK against citizenship being removed making her stateless.. .
It us illegal to declare a person stateless, something to do with the Nazis and the holocaust .
Something the UK signed up to..

It’s not but never mind.

BristolUK Feb 21st 2019 3:28 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641059)
Are you so naive as to think that the 100s thousands who lived in areas under Isis control were all anti Isis.
There is already concern in areas liberated from them that support is growing again due to the atitude of the regime that replaced them.
Religious conflict between Shia anti Isis and Sunni , Isis are Sunni..
Thousands of Isis fighters are now out There somewhere,
Turkey it is reported is using them to fight the Kurds opposed to Turkish control ofvKurdish areas..
Reducing the threat by removing a mother and child from Isis influence is risk reduction not increasing the risk..

It's very tempting to reverse the question and ask if you believe that the majority are ISIS sympathisers.

But since you put it like that, if there are all these thousands ready to take up the cause again then removing one won't make the slightest difference.




jimenato Feb 21st 2019 3:39 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12641084)
It’s not but never mind.

Not what - illegal or to do with nazis and the holocaust?

Bipat Feb 21st 2019 3:42 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641018)
You are obviously confused, staying in an Isis environment with her son is a guarantee that he will grow up with Isis views.

Bringing them back to the UK with the child in care until she proves she no longer has those views is the best thing for the child and the U.K,.
That's taking two potential terrorists out of the hands of Isis.

EMR -----Do you ever read posts!!! I was agreeing with you!!!

You said it would be "one too many"-----I answered that it would be "two too many".

I know it is unusual for me to agree with you but on this occasion I did, and you still managed to misread and reply with one of your 'less than polite posts':lol:.






EMR Feb 21st 2019 3:52 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Bipat (Post 12641104)
EMR -----Do you ever read posts!!! I was agreeing with you!!!

You said it would be "one too many"-----I answered that it would be "two too many".

I know it is unusual for me to agree with you but on this occasion I did, and you still managed to misread and reply with one of your 'less than polite posts':lol:.

APOLOGIES
it was the idea that you would actually agree that threw me.
It was the " two too many " as that applied to the UK.
Welcome to the minority of those of us who believe in a degrees of humanity and reducing the risks to the UK.. .

EMR Feb 21st 2019 3:55 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12641088)
It's very tempting to reverse the question and ask if you believe that the majority are ISIS sympathisers.

But since you put it like that, if there are all these thousands ready to take up the cause again then removing one won't make the slightest difference.

As if one fewer body in London would not make a difference,, because that is risk assessment. Short and long term, not knee-jerk reactions by tabloids and publicity seeking politicians.

Its no me saying anything but those whose job it is to monitor such things,..

EMR Feb 21st 2019 3:56 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by BritInParis (Post 12641084)
It’s not but never mind.

We will find out when the courts decide won,t we.
Start with the U.N. convention on statelessness , which the UK signed up to..

Giantaxe Feb 21st 2019 4:29 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 (Post 12640707)
There is an American that is being denied entry to America that fought for ISIS, and I agree with that decision. I loathe Donald Trump for all that he stands for but this decision imo is the right one.

Given she's a US citizen, I doubt that will stand up to legal challenge. I guess he could declare her an "enemy combatant" though and imprison her on that basis.

Boiler Feb 21st 2019 4:40 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Giantaxe (Post 12641138)
Given she's a US citizen, I doubt that will stand up to legal challenge. I guess he could declare her an "enemy combatant" though and imprison her on that basis.

Seems Father was a Diplomat so she does not qualify.

materialcontroller Feb 21st 2019 5:17 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12641079)
Neither, there is a legal challenge in the UK against citizenship being removed making her stateless.. .
It us illegal to declare a person stateless, something to do with the Nazis and the holocaust .
Something the UK signed up to..

I firmly believe that there are some people, and this girl definitely falls into this category, who by their actions and statements don't deserve the protection of the rule of law.

EMR Feb 21st 2019 5:38 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12641176)
I firmly believe that there are some people, and this girl definitely falls into this category, who by their actions and statements don't deserve the protection of the rule of law.

Thats the mantra of every dictator r every society that tolerated or committed genocide..
We base our moral compass as being better than not the same as.

Lion in Winter Feb 21st 2019 6:40 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12641176)
I firmly believe that there are some people, and this girl definitely falls into this category, who by their actions and statements don't deserve the protection of the rule of law.


This is exactly why we need to uphold the rule of law.

Giantaxe Feb 21st 2019 6:49 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12641146)
Seems Father was a Diplomat so she does not qualify.

So issued a passport in error... she's out of luck then.

materialcontroller Feb 21st 2019 7:01 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12641221)
This is exactly why we need to uphold the rule of law.

Some people are totally worthless and the law is wasted on them. A prime example would be that guy Mark Duggan who was shot by the Met Police in 2011 or whenever it was, and ended up being the catalyst for every chav and anti social druggie in the country to go out and riot.

That case should never have had the scrutiny that it got. The bloke was a scumbag. A veritable POS who got exactly what he deserved. End of.

EMR Feb 21st 2019 7:32 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked
 

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 12641232)
Some people are totally worthless and the law is wasted on them. A prime example would be that guy Mark Duggan who was shot by the Met Police in 2011 or whenever it was, and ended up being the catalyst for every chav and anti social druggie in the country to go out and riot.

That case should never have had the scrutiny that it got. The bloke was a scumbag. A veritable POS who got exactly what he deserved. End of.

You are doing a very good job of proving my point.


All times are GMT. The time now is 1:06 am.

Powered by vBulletin: ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.