British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/shamima-begum-has-uk-citizenship-revoked-922232/)

stevenglish1 Feb 20th 2019 8:56 pm

Re: Shamima Begum has UK citizenship revoked

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640546)
You are not alone in thinking the tax payer money is a higher priority than saving lives by removing her from being of any value as a recruiter for Isis..

She'd be recruiting for Isis wherever she was, Syria, prison, or 37 Acacia avenue with a nice white picket fence. She made her bed, let her lie in it.

Boiler Feb 20th 2019 9:10 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12640549)
She'd be recruiting for Isis wherever she was, Syria, prison, or 37 Acacia avenue with a nice white picket fence. She made her bed, let her lie in it.

It was a simple process why did they not use it at Nuremberg?

Why do they not use it on the gangbangers?

EMR Feb 20th 2019 9:12 pm

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 (Post 12640549)

Another who thinks that she will not face trial in the UK and be let back into society ...
Her bed should be and would be in a 6 x8 cell ...

Octang Frye Feb 20th 2019 9:32 pm

She's not bright enough to recruit anyone.

Shard Feb 20th 2019 9:34 pm

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 12640566)

That assumes the recruits need to be bright when clearly that is not the case.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 9:37 pm

Originally Posted by Octang Frye (Post 12640566)

Does not need to be, she will become a figure head...

Trump is allowing American Isis supporters back into the states , so stop worrying about us and look in your own back yard..

BristolUK Feb 20th 2019 10:02 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640544)
It seem that I am the only one on here who wants to reduce the risk to the UK from more like her leaving and causing more attacks...

I think it's more accurate to say you're the only one that thinks there's only one way to do that.

EMR Feb 20th 2019 10:16 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK (Post 12640585)
I think it's more accurate to say you're the only one that thinks there's only one way to do that.

Leaving terrorist converts in a culture that bred that conversion is hardly the best way to reduce the risk, is it ?

Boiler Feb 20th 2019 10:35 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640596)
Leaving terrorist converts in a culture that bred that conversion is hardly the best way to reduce the risk, is it ?

Bethnal Green?

EMR Feb 20th 2019 10:44 pm

Originally Posted by Boiler (Post 12640605)
Bethnal Green?

Part of London ?

She is a member of a proscribed group, broke UK law.and should be subject to it..
UK home office recommendations for the treatment if returning female isis members is that they be de programmed, no mention of loss of citizenship and barred from returnjng to the UK. ( BBC Newsnight, documents shown )
Those in UK mosques who also broke the law were punished.
Not sure what your point is.

Boiler Feb 20th 2019 10:48 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640614)
Part of London ?

Correct

BristolUK Feb 20th 2019 11:00 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640596)

Well let's just look at what's known.
She's 'lived the life' for about four years having been radicalised in the UK, with UK friends and followed a well worn path by others in the UK. It's accepted that radicalisation happens in UK prisons. That's a lot of radicalisation in the UK.

Earlier you asked what evidence there was that it happens in women's prisons. Why wouldn't it?

Perhaps someone who has lived the life and states she has no regrets and justifies some of the killings might be of some use in radicalising others in a women's prison.

What evidence do you have that de-radicalisation would work on her after all this time?

How long a sentence would she get? How long would she be detained for before there would be calls for her to be released and to care for the child she named Jarrah, which means 'able fighter' or 'one who wounds' in Arabic, further suggesting she's not repentant in any way.

Would she become a figurehead for other recruits if kept out of the UK? Maybe. Does ISIS currently have the network for that?

Might it be just as likely that if allowed to return the extremists' response would be "look how weak they are in the UK demonstrating what a soft target they are for our attacks."

She's living rough, probably in danger from various factions, probably some who would like revenge. ISIS reportedly on its last legs, although doubtless there are plenty of alternatives and others ready to take up jihad. I'm just not convinced that there's more of a danger to the UK, or anywhere else, left where she is. Back in the UK she'd be far more 'visible' and maybe a nice figurehead for further recruitment than in some anonymous refugee camp along with 35,000 others.

That said, I'm not comfortable with the response of the government. But I'll not be shedding a tear.

spouse of scouse Feb 20th 2019 11:10 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640544)
Egypt is not the UK.
The UK already has reformed extremists visiting schools , addressing children on the vekis of religious extremism..

It seem that I am the only one on here who wants to reduce the risk to the UK from more like her leaving and causing more attacks..

Isis loves Martyrs,,symbols , we are turning her into one,..

She's already a prized 'symbol' for isis - a Westerner who abandoned her country and its beliefs, values and laws to join them. In terms of her value as a future recruiter for isis, I'd suggest that allowing her to retain her citizenship and return to the relative safety and comfort of Britain and her family would be quite appealing to them and any potential recruits.

stevenglish1 Feb 20th 2019 11:54 pm

Originally Posted by EMR (Post 12640556)
Another who thinks that she will not face trial in the UK and be let back into society ...
Her bed should be and would be in a 6 x8 cell ...

What would she be tried for?

paulry Feb 21st 2019 12:06 am

Originally Posted by Nutek (Post 12640145)
I like her being just where she is.

All that's needed now is for everyone to completely forget about her and leave her to scrape out whatever kind of shitty existence she can in what I hope is a miserable, bleak, unrelentingly crap life.

:goodpost::goodpost: