Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Old Aug 8th 2019, 11:50 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ricky Gervais Called ‘Transphobe’

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
This is interesting. I think you'll find that quite a lot of people who adopt the "Anglican vicar" persona to mask their true views do so because to be open and honest risks persecution. This explains also why pollsters so often get things wrong and the error is nearly always do do with the numbers of left-leaners being over estimated. It also speaks volumes about how free left leaners feel they are to air their views without fear of persecution from the right versus the other way around ...and what does that tell us about who are the true believers of liberty and free speech?
People speaking up and calling out others on their, um, nonsense, is not "persecution"

Free speech does not mean people have to be polite when presented with a load of garbage.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:06 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
People speaking up and calling out others on their, um, nonsense, is not "persecution"

Free speech does not mean people have to be polite when presented with a load of garbage.
Free speech means people are free to say whatever they choose to within certain caveats. It does not mean I have to listen to, accept or agree with their choice of words.

I could call myself anything I want to, and everyone else is free to ignore that.

Old Aug 8th 2019, 1:58 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

This is interesting. I think you'll find that quite a lot of people who adopt the "Anglican vicar" persona to mask their true views do so because to be open and honest risks persecution. This explains also why pollsters so often get things wrong and the error is nearly always do do with the numbers of left-leaners being over estimated. It also speaks volumes about how free left leaners feel they are to air their views without fear of persecution from the right versus the other way around ...and what does that tell us about who are the true believers of liberty and free speech?
Don't you like to claim you're left of centre?
Old Aug 8th 2019, 3:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

It is when you introduce extremist terrorising outfits like ANTIFA, shut down free speech at university campuses and public venues, and have SJWs attacking, and shouting and screaming at those with different views to their own. Likewise, vilifying those they disagree with and using all means both fair and foul to silence or remove those voices that disagree with them. Those are all persecutive tools of the left.
Old Aug 8th 2019, 3:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Don't you like to claim you're left of centre?
In the traditional sense I probably am. I have a great belief in workers rights, I am anti-exploitation, believe in fair play, care of the needy and vulnerable, free medical care at point of delivery, and promotion of strong empowered families within communities within nation states as the vehicle to ensure sustainable delivery of these things. The problem is in recent decades the mid point of the political continuum has shifted to the left leaving me in right-leaning-land. Some of those who shared my values have continued to support the UK Labour Party and in the US the Democrats which have abandoned their traditional supporters and sold out to corporate globalism, which if successful will make us dis-empowered prisoners to serfdom, all nicely tied up in a hand basket and led by anti-democratic, wealthy global elites. This was being achieved through the deployment of cultural marxism, but the time is up, people have seen through it - and just in time too!

Cultural Marxism, and how it has manifested across the western world:

An interview with the great thinker John Ralston Saul about the collapse of globalism:
Old Aug 8th 2019, 5:37 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Cultural Marxism, and how it has manifested across the western world:
https://youtu.be/xnqIj8C2Aek
Uploaded by someone called Amy Adams. Presumably not the actress.

I look down the list of other videos uploaded by this person and I see the one that made the news a while back of that guy not giving up the microphone at a white house press conference. The one famously doctored to make it appear something it wasn't.

But even the doctored one she has uploaded does not show what she sees fit to caption it with.
Jim Acosta almost knocks over a White House intern
How on earth can anybody take anything hosted by such a liar, seriously?
Old Aug 8th 2019, 6:43 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

In the traditional sense I probably am. I have a great belief in workers rights, I am anti-exploitation, believe in fair play, care of the needy and vulnerable, free medical care at point of delivery, and promotion of strong empowered families within communities within nation states as the vehicle to ensure sustainable delivery of these things. The problem is in recent decades the mid point of the political continuum has shifted to the left leaving me in right-leaning-land. Some of those who shared my values have continued to support the UK Labour Party and in the US the Democrats which have abandoned their traditional supporters and sold out to corporate globalism, which if successful will make us dis-empowered prisoners to serfdom, all nicely tied up in a hand basket and led by anti-democratic, wealthy global elites. This was being achieved through the deployment of cultural marxism, but the time is up, people have seen through it - and just in time too!
Strange - you don't see that as in any way continuing what began under Thatcher and Reagan and therefore indicative of a sharp step rightwards by those parties?

Old Aug 9th 2019, 4:15 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Strange - you don't see that as in any way continuing what began under Thatcher and Reagan and therefore indicative of a sharp step rightwards by those parties?
Began under Thatcher and Reagan? I don't agree with that. It began some years before them. Thatcher might have entertained it for a while (in the form of support for the corporate globalist EU) but after Kinnock's Labour Party warmed to it during her time as Prime Minister, she realised what it was and the threat to the British nation state and then fought hard against it. She was the first prime minister to be toppled over the creeping federal Europe project. British politics has been poisoned by it ever since but hopefully that is about to change!
Old Aug 9th 2019, 4:25 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Cultural Marxism, and how it has manifested itself across the western world:
https://youtu.be/xnqIj8C2Aek
Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Uploaded by someone called Amy Adams. Presumably not the actress.

I look down the list of other videos uploaded by this person and I see the one that made the news a while back of that guy not giving up the microphone at a white house press conference. The one famously doctored to make it appear something it wasn't.

But even the doctored one she has uploaded does not show what she sees fit to caption it with.

How on earth can anybody take anything hosted by such a liar, seriously?
The Cultural Marxism video is the one I posted. What part of that do you disagree with or are you in agreement with it?
Old Aug 9th 2019, 6:05 pm
A girly swot

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The Cultural Marxism video is the one I posted.
Yes, but as I said, it was uploaded by a liar. I'm not going to pay any attention to something posted by a liar to suit their agenda.

Old Aug 10th 2019, 5:52 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Yes, but as I said, it was uploaded by a liar. I'm not going to pay any attention to something posted by a liar to suit their agenda.
So you don't like lies do you? This should open your eyes then:

https://thefederalist.com/2018/11/28...american-lies/
Old Aug 10th 2019, 8:12 pm
A girly swot

So you don't like lies do you? This should open your eyes then:

thefederalist.com

The wiki page tells me all I need to know about that site. Don't buy products from snake oil salespeople.
Old Aug 10th 2019, 10:36 pm
Jigsaw

Location: Abertawe, Cymru, Y Deyrnas Unedig, Undeb Ewropeaidd
DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

The wiki page tells me all I need to know about that site. Don't buy products from snake oil salespeople.
And why is it that most Brexiters seem to get their information from sources with a proven history of BS and lies?
Old Aug 10th 2019, 10:41 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Its bizarre how he routinely posts blogs and videos of opinion as if they are facts.
Old Aug 10th 2019, 10:44 pm
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
And why is it that most Brexiters seem to get their information from sources with a proven history of BS and lies?
Is there a Godwins law for mentioning Brexit? Back on topic please. Anyhow, we're not allowed to use terms like sluts with nuts, or chicks with dicks anymore, we use the term Men who talk too much now.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.