Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Public schools indoctrinating kids

Public schools indoctrinating kids

Old Oct 21st 2020, 4:12 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public schools indoctrinating kids

I took a look at what the Minister said: "without offering a balanced treatment of opposing views" which is exactly what from a " less Eurocentric perspective" is aiming to achieve.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:54 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
You want something, the slave trade, involving at least three continents, to have one primary viewpoint.
you want, colonialism, involving at least six continents, to have one primary viewpoint.
A very even handed approach you advocate, fair and balanced, one could say.
No. I don't want black kids to grow up feeling like angry and aggrieved victims because of the colour of their skin, and I don't want white kids growing up feeling angry and hating themselves because of the colour of their skin. History can be truthfully taught without creating hatred in peoples hearts and disunity in the nation.

Last edited by paulry; Oct 21st 2020 at 6:57 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 6:55 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I'm surprised he can read anything on the MSM Telegraph website.

That one has got a paywall.
Yep that surprised me earlier. For some reason the paywall didn't come up that time.

Watching the speech (which I recommend) reveals that she is pushing back against toxic critical race theory. And good on her for doing that.

Last edited by paulry; Oct 21st 2020 at 6:59 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 10:20 pm
Modern Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
No. I don't want black kids to grow up feeling like angry and aggrieved victims because of the colour of their skin, and I don't want white kids growing up feeling angry and hating themselves because of the colour of their skin. History can be truthfully taught without creating hatred in peoples hearts and disunity in the nation.
This.

​​​​​​
Old Oct 21st 2020, 10:25 pm
Modern Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Yep that surprised me earlier. For some reason the paywall didn't come up that time.

Watching the speech (which I recommend) reveals that she is pushing back against toxic critical race theory. And good on her for doing that.
She said CRT has no place in UK education (or words to that effect). Saying that as a black woman obviously has tremendous impact. I don't think the reception would be quite as muted had, say, Gove made the same speech.
Old May 9th 2021, 1:46 am
Banned

At long last the mainstream western world is opening its eyes to extremely divisive critical race theory and people are increasingly pushing back against it too. I wonder how long it'll be for leftist politicians to realise that every time they scream racist with no credible justification and accuse all who they disagree with of being white supremacists they cause more and more people to oppose them? Great work! In other news, I hear colleges that have gone woke are increasingly going broke. Well, we did warn them.
Old May 9th 2021, 9:02 am
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

6 months eh?

Many people are getting fed up with the lazy, cheap and above all sarcastic idiot-word 'woke'.

I just change it to 'caring' whenever I see it now.
Old May 9th 2021, 9:59 am
Modern Ape

At long last the mainstream western world is opening its eyes to extremely divisive critical race theory and people are increasingly pushing back against it too. I wonder how long it'll be for leftist politicians to realise that every time they scream racist with no credible justification and accuse all who they disagree with of being white supremacists they cause more and more people to oppose them? Great work! In other news, I hear colleges that have gone woke are increasingly going broke. Well, we did warn them.
Long time no see Big P ! Not sure if the western world is opening it's eyes to CRT or not, there seem to be plenty of proponents around.
Old May 9th 2021, 12:22 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Late to this thread, but here goes....

Much of the discussion began on the "Wokeness" thread, where I pointed out that it is parents' duty to ensure that that kids get the right education but a couple of our forum regulars consider that to be parental interference.
In the UK, It's is a parent's legal duty to ensure their child attends school or is otherwise educated within the curriculum. The government defines that curriculum. Who decides whether that is the right or wrong education?

The indoctrination that appears to be taking place at schools is not only about making students woke it is about turning them into nation hating activists and brainwashing them to subscribe to Marxist beliefs. Insofar as whether or not these things are happening: In the US it appears to be happening in both schools (mostly those in the cities) and universities, while in Australia (from discussions with my kids) it seems to be more of a university occurrence, the schools seem okay. Likewise with the UK, though there is some evidence that this Marxist indoctrination is spreading to UK schools too.
Indoctrination? I presume you mean learning anything about politics and social issues that disagrees with the point of view you indoctrinate into them at home...

Oh, and welcome back from quarantine.

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post

6 months eh?

Many people are getting fed up with the lazy, cheap and above all sarcastic idiot-word 'woke'.

I just change it to 'caring' whenever I see it now.
Exactly. What's wrong with having empathy?
Old May 10th 2021, 8:20 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Not sure if the western world is opening it's eyes to CRT or not, there seem to be plenty of proponents around.
Very true
Old May 10th 2021, 5:50 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

In other news, I hear colleges that have gone woke are increasingly going broke. Well, we did warn them.
Hmm. I believe right wing nut job colleges are going broke too. So I think it’s a general problem in the college sector, really nothing to do with so-called wokeness.
Old May 10th 2021, 8:21 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Hmm. I believe right wing nut job colleges are going broke too. So I think it’s a general problem in the college sector, really nothing to do with so-called wokeness.
What are "right wing nut job" colleges in your book? Are all colleges that do not support CRT, CGT, and wokeness, etc "right wing nut job" colleges?
Old May 10th 2021, 8:33 pm
Overkill is underrated

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

What are "right wing nut job" colleges in your book? Are all colleges that do not support CRT, CGT, and wokeness, etc "right wing nut job" colleges?
The opposite of left-wing nut job colleges, of course...

College admissions are declining all over. Here are a couple of articles to start off your research..

https://www.forbes.com/sites/brandon...n-the-decline/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michael...d-this-spring/
Old May 10th 2021, 8:35 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. Normal, liberal arts, colleges, do not “support” CRT &”wokeness”. I don’t know what CGT is.

In terms of RWNJ colleges, I’m thinking of places like Hillsdale College in Michigan. There’s hundreds of such institutions in America. I think it’d be interesting to attend such a college, to see if you could retain your sanity and your humanity, and graduate with a good degree.
Old May 10th 2021, 9:05 pm
Banned

Not really. Normal, liberal arts, colleges, do not “support” CRT &”wokeness”.

I don’t know what CGT is.
Okay. Can you think of any examples of these colleges that are not RWNJ nor do they support CRT, CGT and wokeness? CGT is the gender equivalent of CRT

In terms of RWNJ colleges, I’m thinking of places like Hillsdale College in Michigan. There’s hundreds of such institutions in America. I think it’d be interesting to attend such a college, to see if you could retain your sanity and your humanity, and graduate with a good degree.
Never heard of it before but Hillsdale College looks awesome, and it appears to have an excellent history. What don't you like about it? Is Hillsdale going broke?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsdale_College

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.