Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Public schools indoctrinating kids

Public schools indoctrinating kids

Old Oct 21st 2020, 5:12 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Public schools indoctrinating kids

I took a look at what the Minister said: "without offering a balanced treatment of opposing views" which is exactly what from a " less Eurocentric perspective" is aiming to achieve.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 7:54 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
You want something, the slave trade, involving at least three continents, to have one primary viewpoint.
you want, colonialism, involving at least six continents, to have one primary viewpoint.
A very even handed approach you advocate, fair and balanced, one could say.
No. I don't want black kids to grow up feeling like angry and aggrieved victims because of the colour of their skin, and I don't want white kids growing up feeling angry and hating themselves because of the colour of their skin. History can be truthfully taught without creating hatred in peoples hearts and disunity in the nation.

Last edited by paulry; Oct 21st 2020 at 7:57 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 7:55 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
I'm surprised he can read anything on the MSM Telegraph website.

That one has got a paywall.
Yep that surprised me earlier. For some reason the paywall didn't come up that time.

Watching the speech (which I recommend) reveals that she is pushing back against toxic critical race theory. And good on her for doing that.

Last edited by paulry; Oct 21st 2020 at 7:59 pm.
Old Oct 21st 2020, 11:20 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
No. I don't want black kids to grow up feeling like angry and aggrieved victims because of the colour of their skin, and I don't want white kids growing up feeling angry and hating themselves because of the colour of their skin. History can be truthfully taught without creating hatred in peoples hearts and disunity in the nation.
This.

​​​​​​
Old Oct 21st 2020, 11:25 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Yep that surprised me earlier. For some reason the paywall didn't come up that time.

Watching the speech (which I recommend) reveals that she is pushing back against toxic critical race theory. And good on her for doing that.
She said CRT has no place in UK education (or words to that effect). Saying that as a black woman obviously has tremendous impact. I don't think the reception would be quite as muted had, say, Gove made the same speech.