British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Take it Outside! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/)
-   -   Public schools indoctrinating kids (https://britishexpats.com/forum/take-outside-67/public-schools-indoctrinating-kids-934482/)

paulry Aug 22nd 2020 11:57 pm

Public schools indoctrinating kids

A separate thread to discuss this very concerning issue.

Schools are not there to be run like Marxist activist training camps. They are there there to teach children the academic and occupational skills that they need to support themselves, raise families and to prosper in life.

Jerseygirl Aug 23rd 2020 12:22 am

Re: Public schools indoctrinating kids

It may help if you stop posting videos and pics and made an attempt to discuss the topic...after all it is a discussion forum.

paulry Aug 23rd 2020 12:52 am

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl (Post 12900713)
It may help if you stop posting videos and pics and made an attempt to discuss the topic...after all it is a discussion forum.

Point taken. Much of the discussion began on the "Wokeness" thread, where I pointed out that it is parents' duty to ensure that that kids get the right education but a couple of our forum regulars consider that to be parental interference. I've started this as a new thread because this very valid and important topic is getting distracted by the other general wokeness issues.

The indoctrination that appears to be taking place at schools is not only about making students woke it is about turning them into nation hating activists and brainwashing them to subscribe to Marxist beliefs. Insofar as whether or not these things are happening: In the US it appears to be happening in both schools (mostly those in the cities) and universities, while in Australia (from discussions with my kids) it seems to be more of a university occurrence, the schools seem okay. Likewise with the UK, though there is some evidence that this Marxist indoctrination is spreading to UK schools too.

anotherlimey Aug 23rd 2020 1:17 am

But will there be pubs in BLM villages?

Lion in Winter Aug 23rd 2020 1:21 am

It makes no difference which thread this garbage is posted on. It's still garbage.

Lion in Winter Aug 23rd 2020 1:22 am

Originally Posted by anotherlimey (Post 12900725)

I do hope so. I think Marxists drink, don't they? I'm sure anarchists do.

paulry Aug 23rd 2020 1:22 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12900728)
It makes no difference which thread this garbage is posted on. It's still garbage.

Garbage as in untrue or garbage as in inconvenient truth?

Lion in Winter Aug 23rd 2020 1:25 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12900731)
Garbage as in untrue or garbage as in inconvenient truth?

Garbage as in a stinking pile of crap.

But you go ahead, knock yourself out.

paulry Aug 23rd 2020 1:28 am

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter (Post 12900734)
Garbage as in a stinking pile of crap.

But you go ahead, knock yourself out.

Oh yes, it definitely stinks. Good that you accept that it's happening.

robin1234 Aug 23rd 2020 1:28 am

Originally Posted by anotherlimey (Post 12900725)

As a United States Government Documents Librarian (retired,) the initialism BLM has always meant Bureau of Land Management. But, the last little while, I’ve come to understand that it more commonly means Black Lives Matter - a sentiment I wholeheartedly subscribe to.

But, when I google “BLM villages,” assuming they are like Potemkin villages but run by Black Lives Matter, all the hits that come up are about the good old Bureau of Land Management. So now I’m none the wiser.

Lion in Winter Aug 23rd 2020 1:29 am

Originally Posted by robin1234 (Post 12900738)
As a United States Government Documents Librarian (retired,) the initialism BLM has always meant Bureau of Land Management. But, the last little while, I’ve come to understand that it more commonly means Black Lives Matter - a sentiment I wholeheartedly subscribe to.

But, when I google “BLM villages,” assuming they are like Potemkin villages but run by Black Lives Matter, all the hits that come up are about the good old Bureau of Land Management. So now I’m none the wiser.

If you're looking for wisdom, you're on the wrong thread.

Lion in Winter Aug 23rd 2020 1:30 am

Originally Posted by paulry (Post 12900736)
Oh yes, it definitely stinks. Good that you accept that it's happening.

Gosh you're so clever. I don't know how the rest of us manage to keep up with you :)

anotherlimey Aug 23rd 2020 2:59 am

Marxist Daleks are the only solution.

kimilseung Aug 23rd 2020 5:24 am

We start this years Marxist training on Monday. I am looking forward to it. I wish to become fully trained so I am fully capable of quality indoctrination.

Lion in Winter Aug 23rd 2020 5:29 am

Originally Posted by kimilseung (Post 12900792)
We start this years Marxist training on Monday. I am looking forward to it. I wish to become fully trained so I am fully capable of quality indoctrination.

Have they shown you The Agenda yet? Or is it the same every year?