Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Dec 19th 2019, 9:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Can you PROVE that about Jeremy, I've asked the question several times on BE and no-one can show anything that PROVES it. Yes he is anti-Israel and it's treatment on the Palestinians, but that ISN'T antisemitism. There are many thousands of Jews in Israel who do not agree with Netinyahu's treatment of the Palestinians in Gaza.
I think it is more that he presided over a party with serious issues and did not do anything effective to deal with it.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 9:52 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Can you PROVE that about Jeremy, I've asked the question several times on BE and no-one can show anything that PROVES it. Yes he is anti-Israel and it's treatment on the Palestinians, but that ISN'T antisemitism. There are many thousands of Jews in Israel who do not agree with Netinyahu's treatment of the Palestinians in Gaza.
He's not talking about it any more - shot his load.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 9:54 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
I think it is more that he presided over a party with serious issues and did not do anything effective to deal with it.
That doesn't make him anti-semetic anymore than Johnson's presiding over an Islamophobic party makes him Islamophobic. It's Johnson's actions that show him up for that.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:00 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Somehow the "serious issues" never get to see the light of day though. If they were that "serious" shouldn't their be a numerated list of each allegation? Instead it seems to be a campaign of innuendo designed to discredit him. Not to say that many Jewish MPs feel slighted, some even leaving Labour, but where are the specific allegations?
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Somehow the "serious issues" never get to see the light of day though. If they were that "serious" shouldn't their be a numerated list of each allegation? Instead it seems to be a campaign of innuendo designed to discredit him. Not to say that many Jewish MPs feel slighted, some even leaving Labour, but where are the specific allegations?
What was so dire about the response to the antisemitism crisis was the absence of emotional intelligence. Corbyn is no antisemite, neither are the vast majority of the membership, but the antisemitism of a minority was real and caused profound hurt to Jews. What was missing in the leadership’s response wasn’t about improving internal processes – which happened too slowly – but rather engaging with the collective trauma of a minority who have faced systematic persecution for 2,000 years, an attempt to exterminate them within living memory, and who feel that at any moment, wherever they live, things could suddenly turn and, like their ancestors, they would have to flee. It is painful to watch a racist Tory political and media machine condemn the Labour party for racism – but we must accept that Jewish hurt is real, that it wasn’t properly addressed, and that this failure registered with the public.
Owen Jones
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:13 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Owen Jones
None the wiser. Though I am familiar with Owen Jones.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Oh good, you're back. Did you happen to see Red Eric or Cape over on the other side?
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Big time Labour apologist and even he does not go to the extent some want to.Big
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:27 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Big time Labour apologist and even he does not go to the extent some want to.Big
Because anything short of Corbyn resigning wouldn't have been enough for some. Whether it's anti-semitism claims, or anything else they criticise him for.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:31 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well the totality is what really matters, you have to look at the big picture, could just one of them scuppered him, maybe but we will never know.
Old Dec 19th 2019, 11:59 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Oh good, you're back. Did you happen to see Red Eric or Cape over on the other side?
Yes, thanks. No, I haven't seen those two yet. Might give the politics a wider berth given the way the country has voted.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 3:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, thanks. No, I haven't seen those two yet. Might give the politics a wider berth given the way the country has voted.
Come on Shard, don't be a sore loser. We've missed you.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I found Corbyn to be a disaster of a candidate, and Labour deserved everything they got (or didn't get), but given the latest definition of what constitutes 'anti-semitism', I don't hold that charge against him.
Old Dec 22nd 2019, 8:38 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I found Corbyn to be a disaster of a candidate, and Labour deserved everything they got (or didn't get), but given the latest definition of what constitutes 'anti-semitism', I don't hold that charge against him.
yeah fair point and I think whilst Labour's attempt to rewrite the internationally accepted definition of anti-semitism was indicative of a wider issue in the Party it did not constitute proof of anti-semitism by Corbyn himself. The whole approach to dealing with the problem was poorly judged and I sense this was because they treated it as a political problem rather than a moral issue.
Old Dec 23rd 2019, 4:01 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post
yeah fair point and I think whilst Labour's attempt to rewrite the internationally accepted definition of anti-semitism was indicative of a wider issue in the Party it did not constitute proof of anti-semitism by Corbyn himself. The whole approach to dealing with the problem was poorly judged and I sense this was because they treated it as a political problem rather than a moral issue.
Anyone with a shred of common sense would want to redefine the recently implemented definition.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.