Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:47 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Indeed.
Except that ignores Wales and large parts of Scotland and Northern Ireland.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:55 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Neither have mattered in Brexit. All but wholly ignored. NI too.

But that's no surprise. Brexit is an English invention. Born and raised.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:00 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
You say it as if it is fact. You have as much idea as to the future as I have, none!
Nope, from reading your posts, I am confident that I have a much more informed idea about the future than yourself. What I have said is not a fact, but many economists, business leaders and politcians subscribe to that view. It's mostly the hoi poloi that buy into Boris' bluster and Mogg's deceptions.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:02 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Neither have mattered in Brexit. All but wholly ignored. NI too.

But that's no surprise. Brexit is an English invention. Born and raised.
Farage, Redwood, Mogg, Cash, and handful of other malcontents. Johnson is just using it as a vehicle to power.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:03 pm
Open the pod bay doors...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

So really you just want another referendum!! We are moving forward. With just a little luck we will bet out of the E>.U. come February. That's what I call moving forward.
No, I don't 'just' want another referendum, I want one that's legally-binding via the relevant Act of Parliament, which would force those campaigning to actually tell the truth. Had we had one of those in 2016 and the result had been to Leave, a lot more people including me would have accepted the decision, but even Farage stated publicly when he thought Leave had lost that a 52-48 Remain win would be 'unfinished business'., Yet the same margin for Leave we're told in a non-negotiable, done deal..

I love the hypocrisy of those like you who are hell-bent on the UK leaving the EU despite having been the benefit of EU regulations on free movement, where as an EU national, you have to be treated the same as a national of the country you reside in. And the problems blamed on the EU as the reason the UK needs to Leave are solely down to political choices made by elected UK governments of both Labour and Tory over the last twenty years.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:11 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post

I love the hypocrisy of those like you who are hell-bent on the UK leaving the EU despite having been the benefit of EU regulations on free movement, where as an EU national, you have to be treated the same as a national of the country you reside in. And the problems blamed on the EU as the reason the UK needs to Leave are solely down to political choices made by elected UK governments of both Labour and Tory over the last twenty years.
Agreed. It's a very distasteful stance. At least Blueboy makes all his pro-Brexit claims as a resident of the UK. I've met jambons like KJMW in France that are enjoying a French lifestyle whilst slagging off the French, France, and everything European and desperately wanting Little England to fly its own flag again.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

Annetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond reputeAnnetje has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. It's a very distasteful stance. At least Blueboy makes all his pro-Brexit claims as a resident of the UK. I've met jambons like KJMW in France that are enjoying a French lifestyle whilst slagging off the French, France, and everything European and desperately wanting Little England to fly its own flag again.
+ 1

Old Dec 8th 2019, 6:52 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I've met a few like that over here. More than a few, unfortunately.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 7:00 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Nope, from reading your posts, I am confident that I have a much more informed idea about the future than yourself. What I have said is not a fact, but many economists, business leaders and politcians subscribe to that view. It's mostly the hoi poloi that buy into Boris' bluster and Mogg's deceptions.
Ah! so, is it's not a fact. Just more whistling in the wind. Just like the 'so many business people etc.' I should stick to what is known rather than make it up!!!
Old Dec 9th 2019, 8:58 am
idealist

stevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond reputestevenglish1 has a reputation beyond repute

How exactly is referring to us working class scum as hoi polio any different or less superior than carbon units ?
Old Dec 9th 2019, 9:14 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

You are talking without knowing anything about me. Just why you are free with the insults is beyond me. If you can find anywhere I have , as you so eloquently put it, slagged off the French I would be interested to see it. Indeed, if you can find anything that I have said about the E.U. 'slagged off' or otherwise then equally I would be pleased to see it. As for 'little England', I appear to have more respect for my country than you do!
Old Dec 9th 2019, 10:26 am
Reasonable Bitch

It's like football, I reckon. Even when your club is losing miserably, it's still a foregone conclusion they'll be winning the world cup.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 12:17 pm
F.orum Ape

You are talking without knowing anything about me. Just why you are free with the insults is beyond me. If you can find anywhere I have , as you so eloquently put it, slagged off the French I would be interested to see it. Indeed, if you can find anything that I have said about the E.U. 'slagged off' or otherwise then equally I would be pleased to see it. As for 'little England', I appear to have more respect for my country than you do!
Apologies if you took my comments personally. I have met people of the type I describe, but I accept that you don't necessarily fit that description, especially once you confirm it. Nevertheless, the general charge of hypocrisy stands. See Dave's post for further details.
Old Dec 9th 2019, 12:22 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
How exactly is referring to us working class scum as hoi polio any different or less superior than carbon units ?
I've never fully understood Cape's term "carbon units" but hoi polloi typically refers to the masses, the kind of people that read the Sun or DE. As for "working class scum" that's a term you used, and I wonder why you would suggest that I said that. Picking up bad habits I see.

Old Dec 9th 2019, 12:26 pm
BE Enthusiast

Apologies if you took my comments personally. I have met people of the type I describe, but I accept that you don't necessarily fit that description, especially once you confirm it. Nevertheless, the general charge of hypocrisy stands. See Dave's post for further details.
I couldn't help but take them personally could I? I love living in France, it is a wonderful country. It has its problems of course but then don't all countries. As a foreigner here I wouldn't dream of insulting my hosts, can't think of anything worse! When I discuss problems with my neighbours I am diplomacy personified! I never patronise but never insult. As for your apology, I graciously accept it; thank you for doing so.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.