Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Dec 6th 2019, 10:55 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
No, no - apparently you're wrong and more democracy would be to vote again (and doubtless again if that was also lost).
Yes, of course, silly me!!! True democracy is keep voting until the whingers get what they want! Then, of course, stop voting!!! How on earth did I forget that?
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:22 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I have a miracle cure that the "establishment" doesn't want you to know about. It cures everything. Arthritis, blindness, immigration, foreigners, laws, democracy, the NHS, even cancer. And it makes you richer than you are today.

It's not cheap and has a few minor side effects, but you must have it. You would be part of the elite establishment if you didn't.

Just check your choice here, and it's yours.
  • I want it
  • I don't want it.
Be advised that if you choose the first one, you have to take it, no matter what. That's democracy.

But if you choose the second one, it would be questionable, so we might have to ask again. These are the terms of the inventor.

Happy voting!

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 6th 2019 at 11:26 am.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 11:46 am
Forum Regular

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

Larry R on tour
Old Dec 6th 2019, 2:03 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
Carry on whinging. The majority who did vote voted to leave.
That's better. Now you recognise it was just a minority overall. Well done.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 2:09 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Blimey.

Just look at THAT!

That's - what? - three quarters of the country DIDN'T vote for Brexit. That's quite astonishing.

No wonder it's proving a little difficult to ram through.
Indeed. That's why the argument that we had a vote (nearly four years ago) "the country decided" so we can't possibly have another vote is so spurious. Even the margin of the old/flawed vote is very fine. Having said that, the PV campaign has not been very effective in getting this message out. Maybe they should hire Bristol.
Old Dec 6th 2019, 2:12 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure they will. In any event they can play with the figures as much as they wish, draw as many charts as they wish, whinge as much as they wish but the bottom line will always be that the majority of those who bothered to vote voted to leave. It's called democracy.
Here - have you seen it as a UK-shaped graph before?

Old Dec 8th 2019, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Corbyn is 70
May was 59 when she became PM
Johnson is 55.

Unless Corbyn is ousted by another leadership attempt in the next month, if Labour MPs are voted into office in sufficient numbers, Corbyn will be PM whether you agree with his politics or not. Politics is a cycle. There'll be 1, 2 or 3 terms of cuts by Tories claiming that Labour overspends (which may in part be true), followed by 1, 2 or 3 terms of Labour governments claiming the Tories destroyed public services (which may also be in part true). Followed again by 1, 2 or 3 terms of Tory government. Rinse and repeat.

And until we end the bipartisan politics of Westminster and encourage politicians of all parties to work together instead of against the government of the day, the UK will never get the government it actually needs if it wants to prosper post-Brexit.

And therein lies another issue. This election will be fought on Brexit, with little thought as to what else the country needs for the next 5 years. A more sensible option in my opinion would have been to revoke A50, fight an election and then involve all parties, and the public, in moving forward with a clear understanding of the impact of EU rules on the UK. And if the public still wants Brexit, let everyone do so in the full knowledge of what it means for those who'll be most affected.
So really you just want another referendum!! We are moving forward. With just a little luck we will bet out of the E>.U. come February. That's what I call moving forward.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 4:56 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

So really you just want another referendum!! We are moving forward. With just a little luck we will bet out of the E>.U. come February. That's what I call moving forward.
Out will be 5-10 years of needless economic and political problems, with nothing to show for it at the end. Fortunately, my kids' generation are not daft and will reverse the experiment in due course. Who knows, maybe even the public will reverse it within five years when the golden future fails to materialize and people are out of work. Personally, I think the 'one step forward, two steps back' ill conceived Brexit is a mistake. But that's just me, all of Europe, most of the world and the majority of Brits.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:04 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Out will be 5-10 years of needless economic and political problems, with nothing to show for it at the end. Fortunately, my kids' generation are not daft and will reverse the experiment in due course. Who knows, maybe even the public will reverse it within five years when the golden future fails to materialize and people are out of work. Personally, I think the 'one step forward, two steps back' ill conceived Brexit is a mistake. But that's just me, all of Europe, most of the world and the majority of Brits.
Except it's not.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:06 pm
F.orum Ape

Except it's not.
Check Bristol's chart.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:09 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Check Bristol's chart.
The chart does not include "all of Europe" or "most of the world" nor does it show that "the majority of Brits" "think brexit is a mistake".
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:13 pm
F.orum Ape

The chart does not include "all of Europe" or "most of the world" nor does it show that "the majority of Brits" "think brexit is a mistake".
It goes without saying that Europe wants Britain in the EU. International, most countries don't have a clue, TBH, but on balance I think they would want Britain to remain strong.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:24 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

The only place in the world where any large numbers of people believe Brexit is somehow good... Is in England.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:27 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
The only place in the world where any large numbers of people believe Brexit is somehow good... Is in England.
Indeed.
Old Dec 8th 2019, 5:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

You say it as if it is fact. You have as much idea as to the future as I have, none!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.