Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:10 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
My dear old dad never forgave the Labour Party after they "nationalised" his lorry - after coming back from the war he bought a small lorry and worked for himself, then the power-crazed Labour wanted to control everything and nationalised road transport. It always amazes me that furniture removals company Pickfords was nationalised and only privatised again in the early 80's. Government controlling the moving of your furniture? Let's just wait, it could be on McDonnell's list
I had no idea about Pickfords - they moved us once and broke a lot. I think that probably makes it Labour's fault.

Maybe they'll nationalise deliveroo or biscuits or emojis.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:16 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Yes - I expect my popularity (such as it is) will take a knock.

While we're on Tory policy - it was Tories who took us into the EEC and Tories who got us into the EU and Tories (specifically MT) who championed the Single Internal Market.

I supported all of that and I find it sickening that they have turned into the party of Brexit.

They won't get my vote ever again.
I think the majority of those who voted in the referendum to leave the E.U. had something to do with it don't you? It wasn't simply simply the Tory party Though the party gets the blame of course!! I think you should remember you were in the minority and perhaps should graciously accept the decision of the majority! Yes I know, that won't be popular here also!!!
Old Dec 5th 2019, 10:16 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
My dear old dad never forgave the Labour Party after they "nationalised" his lorry - after coming back from the war he bought a small lorry and worked for himself, then the power-crazed Labour wanted to control everything and nationalised road transport. It always amazes me that furniture removals company Pickfords was nationalised and only privatised again in the early 80's. Government controlling the moving of your furniture? Let's just wait, it could be on McDonnell's list
Madness. Did they really do that?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:40 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
That is not going to be a popular post with all the Tory knockers here, accurate though it is.!!!!!
And here was me thinking they were knobs
Old Dec 5th 2019, 1:50 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Yes - I expect my popularity (such as it is) will take a knock.

While we're on Tory policy - it was Tories who took us into the EEC and Tories who got us into the EU and Tories (specifically MT) who championed the Single Internal Market.

I supported all of that and I find it sickening that they have turned into the party of Brexit.

They won't get my vote ever again.
Not to mention enthusiastically cheerleading the enlargement of the Union to include the former Soviet bloc countries.

Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:20 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

And yet, somehow all those things are "bad" now, and "imposed" on the UK by the EU. I reckon it's like the ECHR or the kipper thing.

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 5th 2019 at 2:22 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 2:48 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

the Tory knockers
Amber Rudd left, didn't she?

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
They may have confused Page 3 with the Tory manifesto.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 3:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Suppose it depends on your definition of knobs!!!
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:05 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I think the majority of those who voted in the referendum to leave the E.U. had something to do with it don't you?
You mean the 37% that voted to leave?
It wasn't simply simply the Tory party Though the party gets the blame of course!!
Well of course. What other government was there that chose to enact the advisory referendum when so few people actually voted for the change.
I think you should remember you were in the minority
Correction. Majority.

Of course we all know that they should have voted to make sure but it's wrong to say stuff like the nation voted for it or those not wanting to leave were in the minority. Not voting for a change is an action more likely to not bring about change so logically the non-voters didn't want change.

Anyway, here's the indication of how many voted to leave. It's a minority.

Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:12 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Good chart. I wonder what the turn out on a second referendum would be. I have a feeling Leavers would boycott it, given that their entire campaign has been run on emotional grounds.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:15 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, but democracy.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
You mean the 37% that voted to leave?

Well of course. What other government was there that chose to enact the advisory referendum when so few people actually voted for the change.

Correction. Majority.

Of course we all know that they should have voted to make sure but it's wrong to say stuff like the nation voted for it or those not wanting to leave were in the minority. Not voting for a change is an action more likely to not bring about change so logically the non-voters didn't want change.

Anyway, here's the indication of how many voted to leave. It's a minority.

Whinge as much as you like but the majority voted to leave.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:35 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Whinge as much as you like but the majority voted to leave.
Did you not read the post? Of those officially eligible, 37% voted to leave.
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:46 pm
Reasonable Bitch

Fake news. The referendum vote overwhelmingly voted leave. 99.9999% wasn't it?
Old Dec 5th 2019, 5:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Did you not read the post? Of those officially eligible, 37% voted to leave.
If you exclude Gammons it was 0%.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.