Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 2:54 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post

Disentangling the UK from the EU after four decades of membership is extremely complex. Anyone who thinks it can be done both quickly and without enormous disruption, and who takes it as a given that parliamentarians should ignore their responsibility to the country and subject it to such disruption based on vague statements made before the referendum is, dare I say it - naive.
I can think of other words apart from naive.

This is the crux of the matter. They (leavers) didn't think it through at all. In spite of us (remainers) telling them that Leave was undefined - from BRINO to No Deal and everything in between - they just saw it as a two part binary issue - Leave or Remain. They even to this day use such trite and facile slogans as 'Leave means Leave' and 'Brexit means Brexit' like there's no more to it than that.

Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:03 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Smug virtue-signalling remainiac gets owned

This dullboy often rants about brexit, clueless middle-class-bubblehead coughing up the same dull unfunny triggered rubbish he has been for the past 4 years - and this time he had to duck the bread rolls

Top notch, made me laugh.

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-charity-feast
Bunch of triggered, humourless, pissed-up Brexiteer elite oiks can't take a joke - couldn't find any toys to throw or dummies to spit so start chucking their food around.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:10 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

I learned a new word, smoking
Bloody autocorrect again! SOOKING not smoking. This was in that First Dog on the Moon cartoon...
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:11 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
Bunch of triggered, humourless, pissed-up Brexiteer elite oiks can't take a joke - couldn't find any toys to throw or dummies to spit so start chucking their food around.
Now you're getting the hang of it!
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
There are no more toys left to throw or dummies left to spit out after you, Shard and DaveLovesDee got in first and beat everyone to it 3 years ago.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:20 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

Bloody autocorrect again! SOOKING not smoking. This was in that First Dog on the Moon cartoon...
I did wonder...
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:24 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
There are no more toys left to throw or dummies left to spit out after you, Shard and DaveLovesDee got in first and beat everyone to it 3 years ago.
Turns out I was right though. I've been advocating a second referendum from the start, but in the first year very few people were for the idea (even amongst remainers). They assumed the public knew what they were voted for when clearly they did not. Proof is in the pudding.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:37 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Although there's no lack of evidence to suggest a second referendum would result in a narrow "victory" for remain, I'm skeptical about whether it would be the end of it.

Sure, rescinding article 50 and attempting to forget the entire mistake would "get Brexit done" in the quickest most efficient way, but at least a third of the electorate would not accept it. I'd expect all the tables turned. "It was advisory, not legally or constitutionally binding" and stuff like that.

It's unfortunate, but I believe Pandora's box has been opened, and there's only one way this put it back. And that's to let England go, to force it to finally accept a little realism (and humility). Besides, as I've always said, for the long view, the EU will be better off without a deluded, adversarial member wielding a veto card. There's far more important things to work on.

​​​​​​perhaps after the euphoria quickly wears off, England might come up with another brilliant idea, "If we joined the EU, we could take back control"

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 3rd 2019 at 3:44 pm.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 3:43 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Although there's no lack of evidence to suggest a second referendum would result in a narrow "victory" for remain, I'm skeptical about whether it would be the end of it.

Sure, rescinding article 50 and attempting to forget the entire mistake would "get Brexit done" in the quickest most efficient way, but at least a third of the electorate would not accept it. I'd expect all the tables turned. "It was advisory, not legally or constitutionally binding" and stuff like that.

It's unfortunate, but I believe Pandora's box has been opened, and there's only one way this put it back. And that's to let England go, to force it to finally accept a little realism (and humility). Besides, as I've always said, for the long view, the EU will be better off without a deluded, adversarial member wielding a veto card. There's far more important things to work on.

​​​​​​
I suppose it does depend on the depth of the margin.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:00 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post

​​​​​​perhaps after the euphoria quickly wears off, England might come up with another brilliant idea, "If we joined the EU, we could take back control"
Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Sometimes I think that the only long-term remedy is to attempt to mitigate the effects of five more years of Tory rule and use that time to regroup the opposition party(ies) to create something much better that will clean up at the next election. I do worry about what would happen in the interim though.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Turns out I was right though. I've been advocating a second referendum from the start, but in the first year very few people were for the idea (even amongst remainers). They assumed the public knew what they were voted for when clearly they did not. Proof is in the pudding.
With all due respect to you Shard, I asked you the other day how confident you were of getting a second referendum and you fudged the answer. Then you started shitting bricks because a focus group on a tv show came up with some excuses why they wouldn't vote for Corbyn.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:11 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like about 52-48 at the moment.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
With all due respect to you Shard, I asked you the other day how confident you were of getting a second referendum and you fudged the answer. Then you started shitting bricks because a focus group on a tv show came up with some excuses why they wouldn't vote for Corbyn.

MC, come on.

There's just no need for this. There are a few rabid non-thinkers around but Shard isn't one of them and there's no need to make every single bloody conversation into one long act of aggression. Save it for the deserving.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:45 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
MC, come on.

There's just no need for this. There are a few rabid non-thinkers around but Shard isn't one of them and there's no need to make every single bloody conversation into one long act of aggression. Save it for the deserving.
There really wasn't any aggression in my post, but even if there was, I'll decide who deserves it and who doesn't.

A simple question that was asked fairly and in all seriousness - how likely does Shard think a second referendum is going to be and what combination of parliamentary numbers does he think will bring it about?

That is all.
Old Dec 3rd 2019, 4:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Good idea. Make it like two legged football cup ties with the aggregate score counting.
Not sure what the equivalent to the away goals rule would be for a tie-breaker though.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.