Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:16 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
Rules and regulations are different that forcing owners to employ people to run their company..
Never mind.

I expect there'll be a little industry building up around how they can circumvent the law whilst simultaneously complying with it.
Old Nov 22nd 2019, 8:27 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Never mind.

I expect there'll be a little industry building up around how they can circumvent the law whilst simultaneously complying with it.
I'll be offering my services as an "employee" to various companies! kerching!
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 10:13 am
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"British Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn on Friday revealed for the first time that he will remain neutral in the second Brexit referendum that he has vowed to hold ....."
"I will adopt a neutral stance so I can credibly carry out the result," he told a special edition of the BBC's Question Time programme.
https://www.ibtimes.com/labour-leade...t-vote-2872041

Meanwhile, the person paid for that function; - but who can't actually be bothered to do so, finds time to go riding with her alleged sex-molesting son...
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entert...al/4275509002/

No Brit msm headlines over that ?...... What a surprise
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 11:50 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Quote:
"British Labour leader Jeremy Corbyn on Friday revealed for the first time that he will remain neutral in the second Brexit referendum that he has vowed to hold ....."
"I will adopt a neutral stance so I can credibly carry out the result," he told a special edition of the BBC's Question Time programme.
https://www.ibtimes.com/labour-leade...t-vote-2872041

Meanwhile, the person paid for that function; - but who can't actually be bothered to do so, finds time to go riding with her alleged sex-molesting son...
https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entert...al/4275509002/

No Brit msm headlines over that ?...... What a surprise
At least Jezza has clarified his position. He's been alluding to it for weeks, now we don't all have to keep guessing. Bozza is going to try and hold it against him (give Jezza's plan for a new deal) but I think it's a perfectly plausible position to maintain.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:06 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
At least Jezza has clarified his position. He's been alluding to it for weeks, now we don't all have to keep guessing. Bozza is going to try and hold it against him (give Jezza's plan for a new deal) but I think it's a perfectly plausible position to maintain.
. If nothing else (jeering Tories aside) the man honestly answered the question, and the UK electorate has something clear and positive.
Mop-head's squirming over the suppressed Russia report , his record of treatment of women etc, was at the other end of the spectrum - shifty, evasive, no eye-contact. bumbling, et-al. How much more evidence that an un-elected Gangster & his gang seized power and are now squirming under simple questions and lying? Pity Simple Brits are falling for it.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:19 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

. If nothing else (jeering Tories aside) the man honestly answered the question, and the UK electorate has something clear and positive.
Mop-head's squirming over the suppressed Russia report , his record of treatment of women etc, was at the other end of the spectrum - shifty, evasive, no eye-contact. bumbling, et-al. How much more evidence that an un-elected Gangster & his gang seized power and are now squirming under simple questions and lying? Pity Simple Brits are falling for it.
Well, charlatans and populists are nothing new. They boil everything down into simple solutions, rubbish others through strawmen or hyperbole, and project bold confidence. People do get taken in.

In this election, with the Brexit elephant, and personal antipathies to Corbyn and Swinson, others are driven to the charlatan by default. They might see through his bluster, but he represents the least worst option. Such an important election, and such a bizarre set of choices.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 12:38 pm
Banned

Well, charlatans and populists are nothing new. They boil everything down into simple solutions, rubbish others through strawmen or hyperbole, and project bold confidence. People do get taken in.
In this election, with the Brexit elephant, and personal antipathies to Corbyn and Swinson, others are driven to the charlatan by default. They might see through his bluster, but he represents the least worst option. Such an important election, and such a bizarre set of choices.
So true, so true Shard.
The Big Disappointment to me is Swinson - I bet others are kicking her for that revoke without reference stance. She could have been such a genuine alternative here with moderation via revoke by prior reference as her watchword. Instead the electorate have little moderation on offer. Her beneficiary will be Nicola Sturgeon. The Horror might well be Mop-head back with Farage in, or more likely running the Cabinet. A PM can appoint anyone or invite any Party.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 1:15 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
You really are a confused individual. My profile page shows male.
Perhaps you should check out that earlier post. The one where I said Welcome back. That was addressed to you because you had been away for 7 years and then returned. You think I was wanting a welcome? Was it that confusing?
You amuse me due to your baseness, that's all.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 1:45 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by namsbabe View Post
You amuse me due to your baseness, that's all.
What is the point of popping back up on a site where you have been largely absent for years in order to go from thread to thread looking for people hou don't know in order to be randomly rude to them?

If you walk into a bar in a strange town, do you start being rude to the people in there based on overheard snippets of conversation?

Probably not. So why do it here? It's pointlessly antagonistic.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 1:58 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

True leadership, so inspiring
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 2:06 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Cape Blue View Post
True leadership, so inspiring
Of course it's leadership.

He's set out a position in which the country gets the final say after having a chance to review the outcome of negotiations done along different lines to those previously arbitrarily established.

He doesn't need to say which way he might be inclined to vote on that himself in order to have led on the matter. Rejecting the current proposal is leadership. Offering to do it properly is leadership. Offering a public vote on the outcome is leadership.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

namsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond reputenamsbabe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
| just said she's rude and an ass. that's all.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 2:15 pm
F.orum Ape

So true, so true Shard.
The Big Disappointment to me is Swinson - I bet others are kicking her for that revoke without reference stance. She could have been such a genuine alternative here with moderation via revoke by prior reference as her watchword. Instead the electorate have little moderation on offer. Her beneficiary will be Nicola Sturgeon. The Horror might well be Mop-head back with Farage in, or more likely running the Cabinet. A PM can appoint anyone or invite any Party.
I'm in two minds about the auto revoke. I'm all for it (obviously) but plenty of other remainers don't like it. I wonder if she might U-turn on it?
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 2:17 pm
F.orum Ape

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
Of course it's leadership.

He's set out a position in which the country gets the final say after having a chance to review the outcome of negotiations done along different lines to those previously arbitrarily established.

He doesn't need to say which way he might be inclined to vote on that himself in order to have led on the matter. Rejecting the current proposal is leadership. Offering to do it properly is leadership. Offering a public vote on the outcome is leadership.
Yes, it's a style of leadership. Surprised Bluey doesn't like it, he's usually so obsessed with democracy. Corbyn is definitely offering the most democratic approach.
Old Nov 23rd 2019, 2:17 pm
Who - me?

I'm in two minds about the auto revoke. I'm all for it (obviously) but plenty of other remainers don't like it. I wonder if she might U-turn on it?
What - and offer a 2nd referendum? On what basis?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.