Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Jan 8th 2020, 5:34 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
That's because elections aren't decided on morality and principles. They're popularity contests and some theatrical personality, plus policies to a lesser extent, wins the day.

Corbyn, unlike Johnson, has zero charisma and isn't flashy or a smooth talker; making him utterly hopeless as a political leader.

It's all a massive game. Corbyn would rather argue about the rules instead of getting on with learning how to win.
That makes more sense.

Firstly I think it's sad that being flashy and a smooth talker is what it takes to be a political leader.

Secondly I think it's astonishing that anyone thinks that Johnson has those qualities.

He's a bumbling buffoon.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 5:56 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jimenato View Post
That makes more sense.

Firstly I think it's sad that being flashy and a smooth talker is what it takes to be a political leader.

Secondly I think it's astonishing that anyone thinks that Johnson has those qualities.

He's a bumbling buffoon.
I don't like him, or his rancid political party. The guy is a prick as far as I'm concerned, but...

He certainly has far more personality than Jeremy Corbyn, and is obviously doing something right. After all, he has seduced plenty of attractive women as well as millions of voters.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 6:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
The problem was not his leadership per se, but the constant attackes by MSM quoting anti-semitism where there was noe in Corbyns situation, yes there may well, and almost certainly arre and were anti-semite MPs, but then again you have to compare that to the LACK of comments regarding the proven Islamophobic, racist, mysogynist and anti-semitic comments by Boris Johnson, he was never called out on that, perhaps because he avoided all media scrutiny apart from people he knew he could rely on, like Laura Kuessenberg, who conveniently hasn't been heard from since soon after the election, perhaps she was 'interviewing' him on Mustique, perhpas he likes threesomes.
My family back in the UK all voted Tory this time. They all 'ought to be' Labour voters, by any 'demographic' analysis you care to choose. I can absolutely assure you they don't give a hoot about alleged anti-semitism; they voted against Labour because of the antiquated social and fiscal policies being offered, and because they wanted to see Brexit through to completion and Labour waffled on that topic.

I grew up in the north of England, and I don't think I was ever aware of any Jewish people or issues - it's a non-topic. According to wikipedia, there are less than 300,000 jews in UK. So that's 0.5% of the population; and most of those live in and around London (per the article). So to think that a major election swing across the country was influenced by accusations of anti-semitism is simply silly.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 6:20 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
That's because elections aren't decided on morality and principles. They're popularity contests and some theatrical personality, plus policies to a lesser extent, wins the day.

Corbyn, unlike Johnson, has zero charisma and isn't flashy or a smooth talker; making him utterly hopeless as a political leader.

It's all a massive game. Corbyn would rather argue about the rules instead of getting on with learning how to win.
Charisma didn't do Kinnock much good.

It only 'works' for Labour people if the media barons approve or don't disapprove too much.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 6:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

la mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond reputela mancha has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

It only 'works' for Labour people if the media barons approve or don't disapprove too much.
I didn't see a smiley face. Are you saying Kinnock had charisma?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:01 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by la mancha View Post
I didn't see a smiley face. Are you saying Kinnock had charisma?
Of course.
You only have to look at the portrayal on Spitting Image. They all had it with one exception and that was John Major. Remember his puppet was grey and talked about peas. Corbyn's puppet would have been similarly portrayed.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 4:11 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Corbyn played by the rules, so did everyone else except the Tories.
I don't think that's accurate.
Old Jan 9th 2020, 12:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

I remember kinnochio the bald ginger welsh wizard he had plenty of Charisma.Don't you remember the labour conference at brighton walking along the beach with glinis hand in hand he feel over in the surf and charisma washed all over him
Old Jan 9th 2020, 12:47 pm
Oscar nominated

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
I remember kinnochio the bald ginger welsh wizard he had plenty of Charisma.Don't you remember the labour conference at brighton walking along the beach with glinis hand in hand he feel over in the surf and charisma washed all over him
Of course. It was in the opening titles.