Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Old Dec 31st 2019, 3:50 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Originally Posted by carcajou View Post

Anti-Semitism is a convenient battering ram against Corbyn for political purposes; as well, there have been numerous examples in this thread of those ignoring it, or looking for plausible deniability as with the posts about the mural, to try and politically protect him which is what I think most of the posts here have been about.
I've made it quite clear in my postings in this and other threads that Corbyn was a terrible candidate and I wouldn't vote for him in a million years. His plan to nationalize BT and provide 'free broadband' was my 'laughing stock' event. But I don't think this mural as anti-semitic and I'll defend Corbyn on that issue because I oppose the suppression of free speech and expression. On closer analysis of the mural (which I wasn't even aware of until this thread) I'm willing to accept that one of the six men in the mural 'may' be Jewish, on account of looking 'biblical' - big flowing beard, as you might see in a religious painting - but the other 5 do not, and appear to reflect a variety of 'origins' (with a possible Alf Garnet thrown in there). So the painting suggests to me rich, powerful, men from a variety of origins living off the backs of poor workers - a perfect 'anti-capitalist' image. Maybe those in power were happy to jump on the 'remove it because it's anti-semitic' bandwagon because they didn't like it's anti-capitalist message.

Old Jan 8th 2020, 7:48 am
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute

25 quid to join labour and vote for the leader.Dear oh dear.I suppose they are struggling with the whip round for his prezi when they finale prize the jerk out the door.good riddance.Next idiot please
Old Jan 8th 2020, 9:01 am
WWLLCJD?

Scamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond reputeScamp has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
25 quid to join labour and vote for the leader.Dear oh dear.I suppose they are struggling with the whip round for his prezi when they finale prize the jerk out the door.good riddance.Next idiot please
That's how Comrade Corbyn got in. Lots of new registrations voted for the least electable man on earth.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 9:05 am
BE Enthusiast

KJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond reputeKJMW has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
I've made it quite clear in my postings in this and other threads that Corbyn was a terrible candidate and I wouldn't vote for him in a million years. His plan to nationalize BT and provide 'free broadband' was my 'laughing stock' event. But I don't think this mural as anti-semitic and I'll defend Corbyn on that issue because I oppose the suppression of free speech and expression. On closer analysis of the mural (which I wasn't even aware of until this thread) I'm willing to accept that one of the six men in the mural 'may' be Jewish, on account of looking 'biblical' - big flowing beard, as you might see in a religious painting - but the other 5 do not, and appear to reflect a variety of 'origins' (with a possible Alf Garnet thrown in there). So the painting suggests to me rich, powerful, men from a variety of origins living off the backs of poor workers - a perfect 'anti-capitalist' image. Maybe those in power were happy to jump on the 'remove it because it's anti-semitic' bandwagon because they didn't like it's anti-capitalist message.
I believe Corbyn to be completely out of touch with present day people. 50 years ago he may have stood a chance as the 'rich bogey man' was definitely the class enemy, today; every jerk on the planet is walking around with an I phone and drinking laté bleeding coffee!!
As for the mural, the mere fact it is being discussed would suggest it has anti-semite connotations. Anti-capitalist it may have been, anti Jewish I believe it to be.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 10:04 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by el collado kid View Post
The Labour party is the biggest political party in membership, in Europe, and Jeremy is being praised as the reason the numbers have increased so much.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:49 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
The Labour party is the biggest political party in membership, in Europe, and Jeremy is being praised as the reason the numbers have increased so much.
Focussing on membership is meaningless. Corbyn is also being personally blamed for a collapse in their numbers of votes too, and that's a reflection of his rather narrow appeal. It's one thing to get your party faithful and die hard activists onboard, but quite another, and far more difficult, to cultivate popularity across the wider population - the very people whose votes (and numbers) you need in order to gain power. That is why his leadership, when looked at overall, has been an abject failure.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 11:59 am
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by KJMW View Post
As for the mural, the mere fact it is being discussed would suggest it has anti-semite connotations. Anti-capitalist it may have been, anti Jewish I believe it to be.
It's being discussed because not everyone automatically that assumes a bearded guy counting money is anti-Semitic. I guess some of us haven't been programmed into groupthink yet...
Old Jan 8th 2020, 12:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

el collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond reputeel collado kid has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Prime Minister Jeremy Corbyn

Well it is good that He can pin that medel on his chest well done him.But the size ten boot print up his jacksie tells a total different story.Votes count his party did not get any.He rode the labour party into oblivion and if the party does not change they will not come back any time soon.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 12:25 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller View Post
Focussing on membership is meaningless. Corbyn is also being personally blamed for a collapse in their numbers of votes too, and that's a reflection of his rather narrow appeal. It's one thing to get your party faithful and die hard activists onboard, but quite another, and far more difficult, to cultivate popularity across the wider population - the very people whose votes (and numbers) you need in order to gain power. That is why his leadership, when looked at overall, has been an abject failure.
The problem was not his leadership per se, but the constant attackes by MSM quoting anti-semitism where there was noe in Corbyns situation, yes there may well, and almost certainly arre and were anti-semite MPs, but then again you have to compare that to the LACK of comments regarding the proven Islamophobic, racist, mysogynist and anti-semitic comments by Boris Johnson, he was never called out on that, perhaps because he avoided all media scrutiny apart from people he knew he could rely on, like Laura Kuessenberg, who conveniently hasn't been heard from since soon after the election, perhaps she was 'interviewing' him on Mustique, perhpas he likes threesomes.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 12:47 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

The problem was not his leadership per se, but the constant attackes by MSM .
The sad thing is that this is never going to stop. Short of some massively embarrassing revelation about Boris (and nothing has damaged him so far) that forces the voters to question everything they've ever accepted and have some sort of reaction to being misled, any kind of Corbyn continuation is similarly doomed.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 4:34 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
The sad thing is that this is never going to stop. Short of some massively embarrassing revelation about Boris (and nothing has damaged him so far) that forces the voters to question everything they've ever accepted and have some sort of reaction to being misled, any kind of Corbyn continuation is similarly doomed.
That's because elections aren't decided on morality and principles. They're popularity contests and some theatrical personality, plus policies to a lesser extent, wins the day.

Corbyn, unlike Johnson, has zero charisma and isn't flashy or a smooth talker; making him utterly hopeless as a political leader.

It's all a massive game. Corbyn would rather argue about the rules instead of getting on with learning how to win.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 4:40 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

I understand Corbyn won the argument.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 4:41 pm
I'm Not Dead Yet!

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Corbyn would rather argue about the rules instead of getting on with learning how to win.
Corbyn played by the rules, so did everyone else except the Tories.
Old Jan 8th 2020, 4:50 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Corbyn played by the rules, so did everyone else except the Tories.
Maybe they did, or perhaps they just played a better game than everyone else. Have you taken your concerns and accusations to the Electoral Commission?
Old Jan 8th 2020, 5:04 pm
Concierge

Maybe they did, or perhaps they just played a better game than everyone else. Have you taken your concerns and accusations to the Electoral Commission?
As far as I know, yes. Interesting to note that just after the election there was a report about a local council election from MAY, where out of an electorate of 7,000, there were a total of 40,000 votes counted. When the recount was finished the Tory councillors who had been elected lost their seats, Tory votes had been counted several times for different candidates.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.