Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jul 29th 2016, 3:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Well, I think the world might be pleasantly surprised by a President Trump, if he were allowed to live. I can't see him accommodating the War Party's mass slaughters of sub-humans (/sarc) of the Middle East and North Africa, whereas a President Hillary would be emboldened to carry on killing. I speak as a human-rights wimp who disapproves of mass slaughters of civilians. Sorry!

I also speak as someone who doesn't get to vote in the US Presidential election. For US voters with strong stomachs, Hillary might be a better bet. Lots of new jobs making bombs and drones for the designated enemies of the moment would be much better for the economy than a Trump Wall. But the big risk with her would be a nuclear war, since she could be relied on to continue the baiting of Russia and China. I have something of a personal interest, of course: a nuclear war would play hell with my island-home's tourism industry, although our offshore tax-haven might do well out of it. Any thoughts on that?
Old Jul 29th 2016, 6:45 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Democratic Convention TV Ratings Continue To Crush Republican Convention!

Putin is giving aid and comfort to Trump. Today we found out why.

Last edited by Ingles; Jul 29th 2016 at 8:39 am.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 9:52 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Well, I think the world might be pleasantly surprised by a President Trump, if he were allowed to live. I can't see him accommodating the War Party's mass slaughters of sub-humans (/sarc) of the Middle East and North Africa, whereas a President Hillary would be emboldened to carry on killing. I speak as a human-rights wimp who disapproves of mass slaughters of civilians. Sorry!

I also speak as someone who doesn't get to vote in the US Presidential election. For US voters with strong stomachs, Hillary might be a better bet. Lots of new jobs making bombs and drones for the designated enemies of the moment would be much better for the economy than a Trump Wall. But the big risk with her would be a nuclear war, since she could be relied on to continue the baiting of Russia and China. I have something of a personal interest, of course: a nuclear war would play hell with my island-home's tourism industry, although our offshore tax-haven might do well out of it. Any thoughts on that?
You've always had a vivid imagination. You seem harmless enough though. I find it rather entertaining.

Last edited by amideislas; Jul 29th 2016 at 10:51 am.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 2:41 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post

Have you ever visited reality?

The war was started by Bush, not Clinton. I don't hear you mention anything about the fact that he got eight years but that must have been OK because he's a conservative and they never do anything bad, ever. Right?

Jesus.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:19 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Trump is complaining that the Dems have been light on ISIS, so what would a Trump with ability do to the "Middle East and North Africa"? Those places where ISIS is, that the Dems have been not strong enough on them.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:35 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Trump is complaining that the Dems have been light on ISIS, so what would a Trump with ability do to the "Middle East and North Africa"? Those places where ISIS is, that the Dems have been not strong enough on them.
Well, he's already said he'd consider using nuclear weapons in Europe, so your guess is as good as mine.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
That may not seem all that desirable to some, but considering that the US has comparatively done extremely well in the face of some pretty substantial challenges under what many might consider to be "status quo", and especially compared to much of the rest of the world, "status quo" isn't a particularly bad or risky choice.
The problem is that for 70% of Americans the US hasn't done particularly well with living standards falling.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 4:43 pm
L/R

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paw339 View Post
The problem is that for 70% of Americans the US hasn't done particularly well with living standards falling.
I told 'em that in posts #1002 and #1004 above, but they don't want to listen.

And BTW I think your 70% is an underestimate, it is probably closer to 90%.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 5:16 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I was recently watching a BBC News America presentation covering the republican convention. They went around to meet Trump supporters in many states, and amongst many of the strange comments Trump supporters made, one in particular stuck out as rather collectively ironic.

One of the questions the reporter asked each supporter was about the economy in their community. The answers were consistent from every one of them "Oh, yes, everything is pretty good here, but you know, the rest of the country is in a terrible downturn".

Bear in mind, this was a consistent answer from supporters from Maine to Florida, New York to California.

Aside from some of the other amusing commentaries, that one gave me a bit of a chuckle.
Old Jul 29th 2016, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I was recently watching a BBC News America presentation covering the republican convention. They went around to meet Trump supporters in many states, and amongst many of the strange comments Trump supporters made, one in particular stuck out as rather collectively ironic.

One of the questions the reporter asked each supporter was about the economy in their community. The answers were consistent from every one of them "Oh, yes, everything is pretty good here, but you know, the rest of the country is in a terrible downturn".

Bear in mind, this was a consistent answer from supporters from Maine to Florida, New York to California.

Aside from some of the other amusing commentaries, that one gave me a bit of a chuckle.
It reflects the same phenomena with the people who supported Farage. Everyone was pretty happy where they lived. but they knew other area's had a big problem with immigrants. It's like the game we used to play called chinese whispers.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 11:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Not @ all surprised

Last edited by Ingles; Jul 30th 2016 at 11:51 am.
Old Jul 30th 2016, 11:43 am
Reasonable Bitch

I would've expected the "big media" like CNN to be all over that. But I haven't seen it. Anyone else?
Old Aug 1st 2016, 4:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Much of this happened under Hillary's watch. A pity the photos don't show all the dead people. It's rather embarrassing that Hillary's fans don't give a damn about them. They're only <<<snip>>>, but still... So much for human rights, eh?
America's Recent Achievements In The Middle East | Zero Hedge

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Aug 1st 2016 at 4:33 am. Reason: Racist remark removed
Old Aug 4th 2016, 6:46 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

I give you Hillary Clinton.
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/02/28/us...nton.html?_r=0

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.