Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jun 16th 2016, 7:09 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Maybe so, but their staircases are pretty damn impressive ...

http://www.jqjacobs.net/mesoamerica/...ramide_sol.jpg
That would be so much better if it was an escalator.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 7:11 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Old Jun 16th 2016, 7:12 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
That would be so much better if it was an escalator.
They weren't exactly in a rush to get to the top and be ritually sacrificed.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 7:15 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Did you read the article, and the link to the original source? Probably not, because the article you cite states;

As MEE notes, the Petra News Agency published on Sunday what it described as exclusive comments from Saudi Deputy Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman which included a claim that Riyadh has provided 20 percent of the total funding to the prospective Democratic candidate's campaign.
Now if you click on the MEE notes in the paragraph, it takes you to a Middle East Eye article headlined;

Jordan says hack led to posting of 'false news' that Saudi funds Clinton
Old Jun 16th 2016, 7:15 pm

They weren't exactly in a rush to get to the top and be ritually sacrificed.
It would have been relaxing. They could have had music.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 10:50 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Did you read the article, and the link to the original source? Probably not, because the article you cite states;

Now if you click on the MEE notes in the paragraph, it takes you to a Middle East Eye article headlined;

Jordan says hack led to posting of 'false news' that Saudi funds Clinton
So now it looks like she doesn't have a case to answer. However, nothing surprises me with that bunch.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 11:23 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe so, but their staircases are pretty damn impressive ...

http://www.jqjacobs.net/mesoamerica/...ramide_sol.jpg
Ooh. I've been up there. Managed to avoid getting sacrificed but it's a hell of a climb at about 8,000' of altitude.

Trump would never make it.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 11:25 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Ooh. I've been up there. Managed to avoid getting sacrificed but it's a hell of a climb at about 8,000' of altitude.

Trump would never make it.
One of these days I'll get there. That or Chichen Itza. All of them, pre-Colombian ruins are interesting as **** to me.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 11:43 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
So now it looks like she doesn't have a case to answer. However, nothing surprises me with that bunch.
Who benefits from such a hacked story?

And things like this are often done without the knowledge or consent of the person benefitting most.
Old Jun 16th 2016, 11:47 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

One of these days I'll get there. That or Chichen Itza. All of them, pre-Colombian ruins are interesting as **** to me.
You can go inside some of the Mexican ones. Don't recommend it if you get claustrophobia. Some weird shit went on in there, but also some clever astronomy.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:21 pm
Doin' It Right

You can go inside some of the Mexican ones. Don't recommend it if you get claustrophobia.
I don't think I do but I suppose it'd be a hell of a way to find out

Some weird shit went on in there, but also some clever astronomy.

The accuracy of a lot of their calculations is staggering.

Not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea, but Expedition Truth on the Travel Channel is, apart from being probably the last show with any actual decent travel in it on TV since Globetrekker, chocked full of all kinds of Mesoamerican and South American sites. Great stuff.

Oh shit, talking about the beauty of travel is verboten in Trump's America, isn't it? Hope the Freethought Stasi don't come after me ...
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:37 pm

I don't think I do but I suppose it'd be a hell of a way to find out

The accuracy of a lot of their calculations is staggering.

Not sure if it's everyone's cup of tea, but Expedition Truth on the Travel Channel is, apart from being probably the last show with any actual decent travel in it on TV since Globetrekker, chocked full of all kinds of Mesoamerican and South American sites. Great stuff.

Oh shit, talking about the beauty of travel is verboten in Trump's America, isn't it? Hope the Freethought Stasi don't come after me ...

Mystery of glowing orbs discovered under Temple of the Feathered Serpent in Mexico | Daily Mail Online

and

A Secret Tunnel Found in Mexico May Finally Solve the Mysteries of Teotihuacán | History | Smithsonian

And inside a pyramid in Cholula, another part of Mexico.

That must be a cable channel - don't get it, unless it ever gets to Netflix.

And yes, thinking that other countries and cultures are interesting must be some sort of thought crime. Wrong side of the wall, etc.
Old Jun 17th 2016, 2:45 pm
Doin' It Right

Mystery of glowing orbs discovered under Temple of the Feathered Serpent in Mexico | Daily Mail Online

and

A Secret Tunnel Found in Mexico May Finally Solve the Mysteries of Teotihuacán | History | Smithsonian

And inside a pyramid in Cholula, another part of Mexico.

http://upbsfi.org/travelogue/14laspiramides/cho-03.jpg

That must be a cable channel - don't get it, unless it ever gets to Netflix.

And yes, thinking that other countries and cultures are interesting must be some sort of thought crime. Wrong side of the wall, etc.
Very cool stuff. I've been in passages similar to that in caves, so I would probably OK in there.

Travel Channel is a cable channel. If you have Amazon Prime, they have the show, though. One thing I've just recently discovered about Prime is if you buy certain series that are currently being aried, they update new episodes as they come out, so our DVR doesn't take a beating
Old Jun 20th 2016, 5:44 am
TGA
Banned

TGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond reputeTGA has a reputation beyond repute

Anti Trumpers are a nasty violent lot.
Anti-Trump Protester Throws Rock, Bloodied Reporter's Head - Breitbart
Old Jun 20th 2016, 8:48 am
So long...

Originally Posted by TGA View Post
I always double-check Breitbart articles. This one seems to be little different.

Dallas Photographer Clocked by a Rock at Dallas Trump Rally

Fulgencio was talking with a pro-Trump supporter standing on the bench next to him and looking down and to the left as the man introduced his wife when he felt a sharp pain on his head. Fulgencio didn't see what hit him or who threw the rock or even which side of the crowd — the Trump protesters or the Trump supporters — the projectile missile came from.
On Friday morning, some headlines claimed Fulgencio was hit by an Trump protester, but he insists he has no idea who actually hit him. "I really can't verify that, because I didn't see it. I've been careful to be clear about that," he says.
Hopefully the person who has claimed it was an anti-Trump protester has made a statement to Police about the stone-thrower.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.