Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jun 1st 2017, 10:45 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

It just keeps a comin'

Trump just cemented his legacy as America’s worst-ever president
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 12:14 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian View Post
So, Farewell Then,
Paris Accord.
You were good
while you lasted,
But now we have decided
You are Bad.
Very Bad.

By President E. J. Thribb, age 12 1/2

(apologetic hat-tip to Private Eye...)
At least Al Gore can continue to fly around in his private jet.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:29 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Sure, there is definitely something to all this, but right now it's all speculation and theory with nothing concrete. Plus the fact that the very mention of Russia is supposed to make it self evident that this is a scandal. Take the recent story about Kushner and the secret back-channel to Russia. The scandal here isn't that there was a back-channel to Russia, rather this was done during the transition period when Obama was still President and Kushner didn't have the authority to do that. But if someone sees back-channel to Russia, then it's easy to dismiss as these back-channels are set up all the time.
Maybe it won't be the crime. Maybe it will be all about the cover up. I don't care, tbh. He's bent and he keeps trying to bend the law to give cover to his friends and family and that's illegal. Clinton lied about a sexual relationship that wasn't even illegal. Nixon was never implicated in Watergate but rather tinkering with evidence and obstruction.

Also, there is too much focus on Russia to the point where all the other myriad examples of corruption are ignored if there is no link to Russia. This point is especially true of the media. I mean Maddow and Olbermann have lost their fcking minds over the Russia thing, and Bill Maher isn't much better. And I see treason being mentioned on occasion, which means at best case people of what treason is, and the worst case is that people think we're at war with Russia.
I don't watch Olbermann and rarely Maher but good for them! I think Rachel Maddow is doing a great job. She's getting the best ratings of her career and so is MSNBC in general. There are plenty of other shows on television that aren't covering Russia so it's not like people are being forced to watch. There is a hunger for it. Que Morpeth --- "I don't pay any attention to ratings because my neighbor doesn't watch Maddow so it's not possible that anybody is actually interested in Russia."

Right now, there is an awful lot of smoke, so much so we can't see if there is a fire or not. It seems like a lot of the instances of corruption, where you have the payment, and the resulting action, but there is no quid pro quo, so nothing to see here.
I think the quid pro quo goes back at least as far as the convention when Trump had the RNC change the Republican policy regarding Ukraine and Russia. I think there have been many instances of Trump giving something to Russia when, at least to the naked eye, we cannot understand why he's giving these public gifts when there is nothing offered in return. Now he's talking about giving them back their party houses. Why? What is the US getting out of these "deals"? We'll see how much the investigation reveals and is able to prove.

I hope Comey's testimony next week will help to clarify things. Right now, the best case to made against Trump is obstruction of justice, whether there is more remains to be seen.
Drip drip drip.

What to do, well it's already happened in the fact the voters are paying attention and becoming more activist. Showing up to townhalls, calling their representatives, becoming more engaged, running for office (more on that later). Keep doing more of the same, let it be known that you're not happy with what your representatives are doing and when it comes to the next election they'll be looking for a new job if they don't do more. And that goes for both parties.
Right. People that show up at town halls and/or contact their representatives directly, absolutely do make a huge difference. Despite recent trolling in this thread, this is absolutely the path forward. People that engage their representatives are the people that actually vote and those ****ers know it.

As for the whole DNC/Perez thing, that was a farce and it seriously pissed off the left. Why did Obama push Perez to run against Ellison? The most obvious answer was to make sure Democrats could keep sucking corporate cock. And then Perez hijacked Sanders' healthcare tour to try and make it a "Unity" tour and kept getting booed. It all seems to lead to the conclusion that Democrats prefer to keep getting all the donor money to actually winning elections.

Disgusting. I did think it was funny that Hillary came out yesterday and bashed the hell out of the DNC after they prostrated themselves for her in 2016.

OK, so here there are two main strategies going forward. One is to primary sitting members from the left. Obviously it's still early days, but there is a movement starting. One I particularly like is Paula Jean Swearengin who is going up against Joe Manchin.

https://brandnewcongress.org/paulajean

The other strategy is to draft Bernie to a third party, with the idea being that Bernie took enough voters with him that either he would be viable to actually win himself, or it would force the Democrats to move to the left to get those voters back.

Personally, I think the former strategy is the way to go, because I don't think Bernie would run as an independent. I think he feels he can effect more change from the inside of the party than from outside.

Either way, Democrats will have a hard time getting their support of they don't go with strong progressive candidates, such as Elizabeth Warren, Sherrod Brown, possibly Al Franken (for you...), or Bernie himself.

But let's be clear, Bernie's support is not just with the "Bernie Bros", he's popular across the political spectrum.
I agree with everything you're saying. My reservations about Bernie translating over into Democratic wins is not because of any problems with Bernie or even the Bernie Bros. The problem is with the Democrats themselves --- right now they suck. Other than a few decent possibilities , they're abysmal. I hope Paula Jean beats the crap out of Manchin who, IMO, is a disgrace.

Sure blame me because technology is too hard for you...
Fake news!
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:30 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Old news but I think that the Germans have understood the gravity of the situation far better for longer than many Americans....

Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
The great leader has so far pissed off and insulted all of Europe, our Nato allies, Israeli Intelligence, Canada and Mexico. Meanwhile he kisses Putins arse, sucks up to the other nutcase Duterte and strokes the Saudis egos..the Saudis from whence came most of the 9/11 highjackers and who support Madrasas the preach radical Islam all over the world. He will cement a reputation of the U.S. as a pariah in the world. Wonderful.

Spicers recitation of the great success of Trumps trip was akin to North Korean propaganda.
He's always said he doesn't care about the rest of the world, that his only intention is to Make America Great Again. In his mind and that of his supporters his actions on that trip prove he is doing just that.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 7:18 am
Hit 16's

Location: Of all the gin joints, in all the towns, in all the world, she walks into mine
Bahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond reputeBahtatboy has a reputation beyond repute

Mods, could we have a temporary relaxation of rules, when we can actually call the **** a ****?
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

drip - drip - drip

Did Trump, Kushner, Sessions Have An Undisclosed Meeting With Russian? - NBC News
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:35 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bahtatboy View Post
Mods, could we have a temporary relaxation of rules, when we can actually call the **** a ****?
You just did.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:45 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
The "fight back" is off to a good start

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...g-Paris-Accord
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 11:49 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Loser!
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 1:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Maybe it won't be the crime. Maybe it will be all about the cover up. I don't care, tbh. He's bent and he keeps trying to bend the law to give cover to his friends and family and that's illegal. Clinton lied about a sexual relationship that wasn't even illegal. Nixon was never implicated in Watergate but rather tinkering with evidence and obstruction.

I don't watch Olbermann and rarely Maher but good for them! I think Rachel Maddow is doing a great job. She's getting the best ratings of her career and so is MSNBC in general. There are plenty of other shows on television that aren't covering Russia so it's not like people are being forced to watch. There is a hunger for it. Que Morpeth --- "I don't pay any attention to ratings because my neighbor doesn't watch Maddow so it's not possible that anybody is actually interested in Russia."

I think the quid pro quo goes back at least as far as the convention when Trump had the RNC change the Republican policy regarding Ukraine and Russia. I think there have been many instances of Trump giving something to Russia when, at least to the naked eye, we cannot understand why he's giving these public gifts when there is nothing offered in return. Now he's talking about giving them back their party houses. Why? What is the US getting out of these "deals"? We'll see how much the investigation reveals and is able to prove.

Drip drip drip.

Right. People that show up at town halls and/or contact their representatives directly, absolutely do make a huge difference. Despite recent trolling in this thread, this is absolutely the path forward. People that engage their representatives are the people that actually vote and those ****ers know it.

Disgusting. I did think it was funny that Hillary came out yesterday and bashed the hell out of the DNC after they prostrated themselves for her in 2016.

I agree with everything you're saying. My reservations about Bernie translating over into Democratic wins is not because of any problems with Bernie or even the Bernie Bros. The problem is with the Democrats themselves --- right now they suck. Other than a few decent possibilities , they're abysmal. I hope Paula Jean beats the crap out of Manchin who, IMO, is a disgrace.

Fake news!
I guess people's interest in this whole Russia issue depends on where they live. I just referred to area I know, people have a lot of other things to be considered about, but if it is proven at the end of the investigation there was direct collusion I would imagine that it would become more of an issue in area I am familiar with.

Russia investigations a 'witch hunt'? Not according to polls - POLITICO

Perhaps there are better polls, but the above shows there are a substantial amount of people who are not that concerned. Trump's way of handling will get him into more trouble than whatever transpired.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 4:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
Perhaps there are better polls, but the above shows there are a substantial amount of people who are not that concerned. Trump's way of handling will get him into more trouble than whatever transpired.
I'm sure there were substantial numbers who didn't think Watergate was worth investigating either. The two polls have 53/54% and 72% supporting investigations of some sort. I'd say those are pretty significant numbers given how partisan politics is.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 5:48 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ingles View Post
The "fight back" is off to a good start

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...g-Paris-Accord
There's some validity to withdrawing. The USA as usual pays far too much in comparison to other countries. We know that the US practically bank rolls NATO and I'd hate to think what the UN dues are.

I'm behind Trump in believing that it's time that others start to pay their fair share.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:04 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
I'm sure there were substantial numbers who didn't think Watergate was worth investigating either. The two polls have 53/54% and 72% supporting investigations of some sort. I'd say those are pretty significant numbers given how partisan politics is.
Could be a lot worse than Watergate, guess we will see how investigations proceed.
Old Jun 2nd 2017, 6:15 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
I guess people's interest in this whole Russia issue depends on where they live. I just referred to area I know, people have a lot of other things to be considered about, but if it is proven at the end of the investigation there was direct collusion I would imagine that it would become more of an issue in area I am familiar with.
Okay, I think you've made your point. You and your friend(s) don't care about Russia. If I recall correctly you went out of your way for days and days and posts and posts, trying to make the point that you and your friend(s) didn't care about his tax returns either. We're all very happy for you and your friend(s), okay?

Russia investigations a 'witch hunt'? Not according to polls - POLITICO

Erm yeah, so that's completely not what the article says. Did you even read it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.