Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:32 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by Jay216316 View Post
Of course the man is quite mad but a lot of people like what he says especially about immigration and of course the is no party in the UK who wants to tackle it so that's why I don't want to live in My Great Britain a because it's not mine anymore?
You give your location as Candolim? Went there for 3 days last year (from our home in Karnataka), first visit for about 20 years! Never again, it was overcrowded, garbage ++, full of British people. It used to be a beautiful place.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:39 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
You give your location as Candolim? Went there for 3 days last year (from our home in Karnataka), first visit for about 20 years! Never again, it was overcrowded, garbage ++, full of British people. It used to be a beautiful place.
Oh, the irony! Ex-pats complaining about immigrants!
Old Jun 1st 2016, 4:49 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
I blame the EU.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Actually I was being mildly sarcastic. Most of the British in Candolim are tourists, long term 'rentals' or business people.

If you want real irony the old Goa threads on this Forum were often British people complaining about having to share the beaches with local 'domestic tourists'. I had come upon the Forum by accident and was appalled at some of the racist posts, plucked up courage and posted--first time, anywhere!

All those people have now left the Forum and I am still posting on TIO
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:44 pm
Just Joined

Jay216316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Goa love it !!!

I have to agree I first went in 1992 and yes far far worse now than it is now,rubbish roads beach etc
As for the British in 1993 there were many, as I am middle class business people but none of my friend come over now and my Goan friends would love love the Brits back but now many Russians so it depends on who you would prefer.
I also have a lot of friends from Karnataka in particular Bangalore but none wouldn't ever think of coming to Goa,all go too Europe, USA,Canada, and of course the Indian megga rich also live in London.
So if you haven't tried London give it a whirl not a bit like your capital sorry to say, but certainly one of the most fun capitals I have been too so try it
Old Jun 1st 2016, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

Jay216316 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Iro

Don't get me wrong about immigration as I live in India but as I live here with enough money not to rely on the state( oh I forgot we never get anything from the state in India) then I would ask our government to allow anyone in as long as the state does not Provide Anything and people like me who want to stay in another Country eg the UK get as I do Nothing from the Indian state and only basically just come here to spend vast amounts of money as I do want to live in this beautiful and beginning
Old Jun 1st 2016, 10:33 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bipat View Post
Actually I was being mildly sarcastic. Most of the British in Candolim are tourists, long term 'rentals' or business people.

If you want real irony the old Goa threads on this Forum were often British people complaining about having to share the beaches with local 'domestic tourists'. I had come upon the Forum by accident and was appalled at some of the racist posts, plucked up courage and posted--first time, anywhere!

All those people have now left the Forum and I am still posting on TIO
Must be your magnetic personality!

....sorry, only joking.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 10:37 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
Could you for once pull your head out of your arse and make a statement based on facts, rather than your blinkered view of the world?

For someone who is at least moderately traveled, you have a frighteningly one-dimensional, isolated outlook. I guess it was wasted on you.
The clue is in the "" ().
Old Jun 1st 2016, 10:42 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
The clue is in the "" ().
Laughing at your own jokes notwithstanding, show me how your constant, endless ramblings about nothing but the EU is anything other than one-dimensional?
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:18 pm
Banned

Laughing at your own jokes notwithstanding, show me how your constant, endless ramblings about nothing but the EU is anything other than one-dimensional?
Good, we're getting somewhere, you recognise I was joking.

Call my posts about the EU what you like but I'm passionate about our country and feel strongly that we as it's current voting custodians shouldn't be handing its future over to an undemocratic entity, and I make no apologies to anyone for that. If you were a true British patriot you would be standing alongside me on this issue too.

Maybe Pat Condell can convince you about how important it is that the UK, in it's last chance saloon makes the right decision? Personally I doubt it but you never know....

Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:24 pm
Doin' It Right

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Call my posts about the EU what you like but I'm passionate about our country and feel strongly that we as it's current voting custodians shouldn't be handing its future over to an undemocratic entity, and I make no apologies to anyone for that. If you were a true British patriot you would be standing alongside me on this issue too.
That is just dripping with subjectivity. Are you saying that if the vote is to stay in you'll shut up about it, though?

I am not a resident of the UK, so what I think is meaningless anyway. Whatever happens, will happen (in or out). I don't pay taxes in the UK, so why should Her Majesty's Government give two shits what my opinion is?

Maybe Pat Condell can convince you about how important it is that the UK, in it's last chance saloon makes the right decision? Personally I doubt it but you never know....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFt-pRIvL9E
Pat Condell is a comedian. He's entitled to make videos about whatever he wants, but I won't be taking advice from him, either.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:27 pm
Banned

That is just dripping with subjectivity. Are you saying that if the vote is to stay in you'll shut up about it, though?

I am not a resident of the UK, so what I think is meaningless anyway. Whatever happens, will happen (in or out). I don't pay taxes in the UK, so why should Her Majesty's Government give two shits what my opinion is?

Pat Condell is a comedian. He's entitled to make videos about whatever he wants, but I won't be taking advice from him, either.
Thought so.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:30 pm
Doin' It Right

Thought so.
Thought so what? If you're that bloody passionate about the UK, then move back there, but don't try to pretend that as non-residents our opinions about the EU are anything more than empty words on a web page.
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:40 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Last refuge of a scoundrel.....
Old Jun 1st 2016, 11:46 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

So patriotism and passion aside how do you see Britain's future after it leaves the EU ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.