Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump.

President Trump.

Old May 2nd 2017, 9:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute
Default re: President Trump.

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
I agree he should be working to improve ObamaCare but the GOP Congress never wanted it since the day of it's inception and of course Trump's in a corner on this one. He said so many times during the election campaign that it would be repealed because it was "bad, bad" so now it would only make him look bad if went back on his word to repeal it completely.

Sad to say the Freedom Caucus in Congress will only go along with the rest of the GOP if the new plan has been brutally altered from what the ACA originally was. I'm sure the number of insured will decrease.

It will all come back to haunt them and may well be a factor in Trump becoming a mediocre one term President
Mediocre is the word. A Republican President who claims negotiating skills and consistency of purpose will get things done, cant get his own agenda passed in a Republican Congress.

As far as Obamacare both parties lack the political courage to challenge outrageous medical costs, nor the vision to provide medical coverage like any other industrialized nation- and the US spends more on healthcare as a percentage of GDP than the UK does !

There are many faults with Obamacare but objectively resulted in several million people having access to medical care. The ideological blinders on those in Congress is quite astonishing. They complain about the national debt and annual deficit, yet pass budget that hardly makes overall dent in either- and complain about the costs of Obamacare.

I do think it is possible that Trump may be the last Republican president, the disenchanted who voted for him will wake up and find none of his key promises have been kept.
Old May 2nd 2017, 9:37 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

People believe what they want to believe, even when it's entirely contrary to reality. And if you don't believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
Old May 2nd 2017, 9:55 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

morpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond reputemorpeth has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
People believe what they want to believe, even when it's entirely contrary to reality. And if you don't believe that, I have a bridge to sell you.
Quite agree, just seems if the last few months any indication it will become harder for Trump to convince people in the next election than he did in the past.
Old May 2nd 2017, 10:27 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by morpeth View Post
Quite agree, just seems if the last few months any indication it will become harder for Trump to convince people in the next election than he did in the past.
Depends who's standing against him. Never underestimate the stupidity of some humans.
Old May 2nd 2017, 10:43 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

Trump got where he is by claiming things to be different than what they are. Lots of people bought it. I think he only needs to brand his nonexistent accomplishments as "monumental victories". Obamacare? Rename it "Trumpcare", and move on to the next "victory" . Simples.
Old May 2nd 2017, 11:03 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Trump got where he is by claiming things to be different than what they are. Lots of people bought it. I think he only needs to brand his nonexistent accomplishments as "monumental victories". Obamacare? Rename it "Trumpcare", and move on to the next "victory" . Simples.
No doubt that is exactly what he will do, declaring victory and move on. I cant help thinking though 4 years of this type of performance that if he stands for re-election next time around he would lose.
Old May 2nd 2017, 11:23 am
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

No doubt that is exactly what he will do, declaring victory and move on. I cant help thinking though 4 years of this type of performance that if he stands for re-election next time around he would lose.
It would that the wall is dead in the water , there being no finance for it following the houses ratification of the latest budget.
Old May 2nd 2017, 11:26 am
Reasonable Bitch

There's a lot of stuff I'd like to believe, too. I'm often disappointed though. Reality has a funny way of coming true in the end.
Old May 2nd 2017, 11:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

This is SO below the belt, but frankly it's a typical Trump action
He really is one sick & twisted bar steward

Trump administration ends Michelle Obama program to educate girls and lift them out of poverty
Old May 2nd 2017, 12:47 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know. On the one hand, he may not be enamoured enough of the job, he may not wish to run again. But assuming Ivanka is to be the next President, his handlers may judge her to be a bit too young in 2020 to accede to the presidency? She may need another four years?
Old May 2nd 2017, 2:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
I don't know. On the one hand, he may not be enamoured enough of the job, he may not wish to run again. But assuming Ivanka is to be the next President, his handlers may judge her to be a bit too young in 2020 to accede to the presidency? She may need another four years?
Happily...she cannot be.
Old May 2nd 2017, 3:12 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dakota44 View Post
Happily...she cannot be.
Why not? She is native born and 35 now.
Old May 2nd 2017, 4:24 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
She's a God-Princess already, President shouldn't be too much of a reach.
Old May 2nd 2017, 6:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by kimilseung View Post
Ooops I was thinki ng Melania.
Old May 2nd 2017, 7:44 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

The guy doesn't seem to be completely sure what the proposed new health bill contains.
After all the pre-election yelling over repealing and replacing the ACA this is absolutely incredible

Seems to me he's already distancing himself from Washington. His trip to Penn to attend a supporters rally indicates that he's already nostalgic for the "glory days"

If it weren't so serious it would be laughable

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.