Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Oct 8th 2020, 1:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Were we watching different debates?
Originally Posted by christmasoompa View Post
Literally what I was about to type! Watched it in the UK this morning, and I've got the news on in the background now, they've been doing a 'fact check' on the debate. Pence told a lot more porkies than Harris according to them.
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Paulry's TV has a system that changes what people say, or so that HE hears different voices to everyone else, possibly the voices I suspect.

This is the essence of a cult - the distortion of reality so that it fits one's beliefs. For the US, it doesn't matter when one person in Australia does it. It will matter if enough of the US population is still in thrall come election day, although ironically so many of them are in a demographic of people likely to be hurt by such an outcome.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 1:26 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Were we watching different debates?
Literally what I was about to type! Watched it in the UK this morning, and I've got the news on in the background now, they've been doing a 'fact check' on the debate. Pence told a lot more porkies than Harris according to them.
Originally Posted by mikelincs View Post
Paulry's TV has a system that chanhes whet people say, or so that HE hears different voices to everyone else, possibly the voices I suspect.
Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
This is the essence of a cult - the distortion of reality so that it fits one's beliefs. For the US, it doesn't matter when one person in Australia does it. It will matter if enough of the US population is still in thrall come election day, although ironically so many of them are in a demographic of people likely to be hurt by such an outcome.
He's playing with you.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 1:37 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
He's playing with you.
No, that would take some self-reflection and some level of cleverness.

It's been the same for years and years.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Blimey, didn't she tell a heap of porkies. But didn't he do well! He showed typical old sage common sense. He spliced and diced her arguments - one by one, and them proceeded to swiftly mop the floor with her- especially in regard to packing the courts - we now know exactly what they plan to do. And all those discredited lies about Charlottesville, that she rattled out again. Fracking: Nuff said. And the "your lot have spent the last 3+ years rejecting the result of the last presidential election" - so true. He delivered it all in such a kind and gentlemanly way. ...And even the fly wanted to be near the winner!

Good old Mike, that was an excellent VP debate. I'm sure Donald is very proud of him.
​​​​​​To be fair at least he had the balls to enter into something that vaguely resembled a debate.

Whereas Trump deliberately disrupted one and now is running scared of another...
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

From his latest interview "I'm a perfect physical specimen and I'm extremely young". Clearly the drugs have addled his brain even more than it was already.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:33 pm
BE Enthusiast

Phathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond reputePhathamster has a reputation beyond repute

From his latest interview "I'm a perfect physical specimen and I'm extremely young". Clearly the drugs have addled his brain even more than it was already.

Dementia creeping in? Maybe he thinks he is still in the 60s?
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:39 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post
Dementia creeping in? Maybe he thinks he is still in the 60s?
He's previously proven time and time again how delusional he is, this is just yet another example. It did make me laugh though.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

He's previously proven time and time again how delusional he is, this is just yet another example. It did make me laugh though.

It has to be a deliberate act, it's like he just craves the attention.

He's the presidential version of Joey Essex.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:52 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

He won't come off looking very brave if he won't do a virtual debate:
https://www.ctvnews.ca/world/america...iden-1.5137600
Old Oct 8th 2020, 2:55 pm
So long...

DaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond reputeDaveLovesDee has a reputation beyond repute

He's playing with you.
Can we call it trolling, and give him a warning?
Old Oct 8th 2020, 3:49 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

It would be better coming from a mod but if you can get him to listen to you, go for it.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 3:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

robtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond reputerobtuck has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phathamster View Post
It has to be a deliberate act, it's like he just craves the attention.

He's the presidential version of Joey Essex.
That's because that is precisely what he is about. He has never wanted to be President, but he has loved the idea of playing the President. For Trump, success is relevance - being talked about as if he is successful. His entire life is centred around that principle. Just look at the period where he used to phone up pretending to be someone else to dish the dirt on himself, or drop hints about this guy Trumps wealth. He did the latter to try and create gossip to support his own claims on his net worth to try and be relevant in the Rich List.

His entire means of wealth is anchored to an image - tough guy, rule breaker, player, hard nosed etc. He has to keep that persona in the media - if for no other reason than it appears his income is pretty much reliant on licensing fees for The Apprentice these days and he appears personally leveraged to the eye balls - he's also got a small problem in that his real estate is likely declining in value these days given the Covid-19 impact on Hospitality and Commercial Real Estate. I think most of his income comes via licensing his name with that as well.

The saddest bit of all that is the Republicans got hood winked into taking him on - he couldn't give two hoots about the Party, or anyone who votes for him. And that's the criminal bit for me because there are plenty of people who do vote for him that have real "grievance" with the way the system works for them and they've wasted time supporting him. The net result is a few Billionaires are a bit richer these days, little else has changed, well, apart from fewer of them have jobs now.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:01 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Black Flies Matter.

That fly landing and staying on Pence's hair was the perfect metaphor for an Administration that fails to take racial injustice seriously.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:33 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

It would be better coming from a mod but if you can get him to listen to you, go for it.
Yeah, I'm not sure why it's okay for him to troll but it's not okay for us to call him a troll. He gets to say and do whatever he wants and the people that point it out get their posts deleted. He's not even trying to hide it anymore. Which means I'll probably end up getting banned pretty soon.
Old Oct 8th 2020, 6:47 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

A friend just sent me this. I presume it's legit ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.