Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:28 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by old.sparkles View Post
Agreed - I cannot see what others see in him, or his brand.

I was just watching the clip of his drive by, and there was more than one person shouting 'I would die for that man'. I mean, WTF. Lost for words
It's a cult response. The faithful.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:31 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
It scares me that this might happen. It really really scares me.
I think it scares most of us - wherever in the world we are. I'm so sorry for those of you having to live in the nightmare
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:32 am

old.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond reputeold.sparkles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
It's a cult response. The faithful.
It certainly seems that all reason is lost
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:33 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
It scares me that this might happen. It really really scares me.
Yeah. Poor country. Poor people.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:39 am
Listen to the Music

dave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond reputedave_j has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to understand how so called Christians support him. Or any person with a working moral compass. But time and time again they seem to.
My mother used often to remark: "There are more out than in,"
Like you I find the attitude of the US lower classes difficult to fathom, and yes the US is a society built from the ground up on a foundation of class.
Why would anyone with little vote for a party who has at it's head a manifestation of greed and intolerance and especially an indifference to the suffering of others?
Why would anyone whose access to health hangs by a thread even consider voting for anyone threatening to take it away?
Why would any registered voter not make it their life's ambition to ensure that anyone with the least connection to the republican party lose at the ballot box?
Why would... etc etc?
There's a widespread mass hysteria within the US that apparently distorts and disables the ability to think clearly by those who need it most.
I can only conclude that my mother was wise beyond her years: "There are definitely more out than in,"

Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:40 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed - I cannot see what others see in him, or his brand.

I was just watching the clip of his drive by, and there was more than one person shouting 'I would die for that man'. I mean, WTF. Lost for words
I can't help wondering what his supporters lack in their lives (or brains), that they can be so completely in thrall of him. It doesn't seem to matter what he does or says, it's all AOK by them.

He lusts after his own daughter? Fine! His real estate companies have been found guilty twice of racially discriminating against African Americans? Good job! He talks about women like they're pieces of meat? Yay! He makes personal and political capital out of inflaming violence and intolerance? He's our man! He deliberately lies about and downplays a virus that's killing Americans (who he's sworn to protect and serve) as I type? Thank you Mr President!

I could go on but you get the drift. How any one of the people who defend him can claim to have a shred of decency would be laughable if it wasn't so appalling.

Last edited by spouse of scouse; Oct 5th 2020 at 4:43 am.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

I fail to understand how so called Christians support him. Or any person with a working moral compass. But time and time again they seem to.

Some people say 'he speaks the truth', even when his lies are pointed out.

Some 'he speaks for me', when the world can see he has no interest other than himself (and maybe his family, but I'm not even sure if he values them).

I could go on, but to be honest, it's all too sad
They've sold their souls for Supreme Court justices and other judges.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:41 am

This is well said I think. Too long to quote, sorry.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...box=1601795049
Old Oct 5th 2020, 4:50 am
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
This is well said I think. Too long to quote, sorry.

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...box=1601795049
Old Oct 5th 2020, 5:04 am

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
They've sold their souls for Supreme Court justices and other judges.
They really do go low. As low as you can go
Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

So the proudboys have/had been using the hash tag proudboys which has been well taken over on twitter, but the Canadian Armed Forces posted this using the hash tag proudboys.

Old Oct 5th 2020, 6:32 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
So the proudboys have/had been using the hash tag proudboys which has been well taken over on twitter, but the Canadian Armed Forces posted this using the hash tag proudboys.

Twitter
That's okay. I'm guessing it was intended to upset the Proud Boys, and maybe reveals just how little they know about the group. But looking at their "About Us" page I think the membership will be fine with it. They welcome all sexual orientations/preferences.

What's not to like?

Old Oct 5th 2020, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

LoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud ofLoveFortheUK has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by DaveLovesDee View Post
Isn't save our children a QAnon thing? Some of my family have been using it, even though I've suggested they read up on it.

Can you link to a credible or respected source for the dementia claim, please? Because as far as I see, it's fake news from Trump supporters and their pet media outlets.
Absolutely. Just watch all of Biden’s gaffs. That’s all the source you need and of course my knowing three people in my life who had the disease which means I know the symptoms. If you’re looking for an actual report from a liberal source you won’t find it because they’re biased against Trump.

Have a nice day.
Old Oct 5th 2020, 7:33 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Well spotted. "Credible or respected source" is newspeak for "something from the Guardian".
Old Oct 5th 2020, 8:07 am

Originally Posted by LoveFortheUK View Post
Absolutely. Just watch all of Biden’s gaffs. That’s all the source you need and of course my knowing three people in my life who had the disease which means I know the symptoms. If you’re looking for an actual report from a liberal source you won’t find it because they’re biased against Trump.

Have a nice day.
Link missing - any source would do I would think

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.