Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Oct 4th 2020, 2:50 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Frilly apron lady toiling over the kitchen stove would have got it right
Your rudeness has been noted on this Lord's Day.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 2:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Maybe the Lord has the cufflinks?
Old Oct 4th 2020, 2:55 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Here’s a thought I had about Rose Garden super spreader event with ACB and her husband and children in attendance. After the Rose Garden speeches, Trump, ACB, and prominent guests in the first few rows - mostly senators and members of the administration - went inside for a reception. All 7 or 8 people who’ve tested positive were in this group. NYT has an article about this, with many photos of the schmoozing. It largely consists of adults (Trump, senators etc) oohing and aahing, making much of, ACB’s young children.

That is ten people, ACB, husband, eight kids. I assume all had Covid over the summer? What if one or more kids had some anomalous, asymptomatic, version of Covid that continues to shed virus long after the disease is thought to have run its course?

If ACB has kids who didn’t have Covid over the summer, she should NOT have taken them to the WH, which she should have known was a risky event.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 2:56 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That was the first thing I noticed! I’ve been giving Mr. Trump the benefit of the doubt all these years. But, cuff links while dying in the hospital! Unforgivable!!
I don't get it.
Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Me neither.
He wore cufflinks in the video from the hospital. A tad over the top?
Okay, one wouldn't expect striped PJs and a dressing gown - although Hef always looked good in one but a dress shirt, blazer(?) complete with cufflinks.

I wasn't convinced it was only him. From the elbows to hands it was like one of those things where someone else "is the arms" if you see what I mean.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 2:59 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Fortunately I have a bottle of St. Catherine Tekakwitha holy water on hand. At least we have proper saints up here in northern NY.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:02 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
Okay, one wouldn't expect striped PJs and a dressing gown - although Hef always looked good in one but a dress shirt, blazer(?) complete with cufflinks.

I wasn't convinced it was only him. From the elbows to hands it was like one of those things where someone else "is the arms" if you see what I mean.
Good thing he wasn’t wearing one of those hospital wraps that are open at the back. Or that the nurse didn’t come in to spoon apple sauce into him while recording.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:05 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Here’s a thought I had about Rose Garden super spreader event with ACB and her husband and children in attendance. After the Rose Garden speeches, Trump, ACB, and prominent guests in the first few rows - mostly senators and members of the administration - went inside for a reception. All 7 or 8 people who’ve tested positive were in this group. NYT has an article about this, with many photos of the schmoozing. It largely consists of adults (Trump, senators etc) oohing and aahing, making much of, ACB’s young children.

That is ten people, ACB, husband, eight kids. I assume all had Covid over the summer? What if one or more kids had some anomalous, asymptomatic, version of Covid that continues to shed virus long after the disease is thought to have run its course?

If ACB has kids who didn’t have Covid over the summer, she should NOT have taken them to the WH, which she should have known was a risky event.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. There was a poster in the 2020 election thread (pro Trump I assume) who, months ago, claimed that children should go back to school because the virus didn't affect them. I asked some reasonable questions about this assertion and he disappeared. This is a very common Trumpster refrain, Trump himself often makes the same claim, ignoring the fact that children don't live on a separate island from their parents, teachers, grandparents and other children who are at a higher risk. Apparently, at least IRL with facts and science, the little germ factories shed the virus like a German Shepherd shedding fur.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:09 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

Oh, that explains it. I go to great lengths to not look or listen to anything that contains his face or voice. If I wanted to watch a rutting pig I would watch the Farm Channel.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:11 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Oh, that explains it. I go to great lengths to not look or listen to anything that contains his face or voice. If I wanted to watch a rutting pig I would watch the Farm Channel.
Hopefully they’ll be able to give Joni Ernst a job soon. That I’d watch.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:11 pm
WTF?

Fortunately I have a bottle of St. Catherine Tekakwitha holy water on hand. At least we have proper saints up here in northern NY.
Snob. We got saints too.

Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:19 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Cufflinks- yes, but no tie.

Above post proves a picture is worth a thousand words.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:40 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Although I didn't know there was a Farm Channel. Maybe I should turn the tv on occasionally.
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:42 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

People are inexplicable sometimes.

From his supporters rallying while he's ill:

Did they have that made?

Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:53 pm
Fair and balanced

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Did they have that made?
Was there ever a cult of personality like this for previous Presidents?
Old Oct 4th 2020, 3:55 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Did they have that made?
It certainly didn't occur naturally. Why they used an image of him taking a shit is the question.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.