Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Aug 25th 2020, 12:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
Doesn't the fact that Spain's current data (height of the line) matches the height it was back in the early days suggest that Spain, uniquely in Europe it seems, is experiencing a situation worse than (actually, almost as bad as) existed in March?
The NY Times has their seven-day moving average at ~6.1k versus ~9.7k at its peak. Still extremely concerning as compared to other European countries.

Old Aug 25th 2020, 2:04 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

Nice updated list here ... some not voting Trump, some voting Biden ...
https://www.axios.com/republicans-no...3181dd99c.html

How they actually vote is irrelevant IMO; what matters is, will they speak out publicly and encourage others. If Cindy McCain (wife of former AZ Senator John McCain) will speak out vocally for Biden in AZ, that could help swing AZ, which is perhaps the closest of all swing states.
Another Republican comes out for Biden (honestly, I thought he'd already done that, but apparently not!)

Former RNC chairman Michael Steele joins The Lincoln Project

Old Aug 25th 2020, 3:32 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Another Republican comes out for Biden (honestly, I thought he'd already done that, but apparently not!)

Former RNC chairman Michael Steele joins The Lincoln Project

The Lincoln Project should rename themselves the The Lincoln Party, and try and get the more moderate and sane republicans to join, and maybe we can hope the current republican party dies into history.

A dream I know, but does have a bit of a nice ring, The Lincoln Party.

TLP for short

Glad to see other high profile republicans not standing behind Trump.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 5:24 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
The Lincoln Project should rename themselves the The Lincoln Party, and try and get the more moderate and sane republicans to join, and maybe we can hope the current republican party dies into history.

A dream I know, but does have a bit of a nice ring, The Lincoln Party.

TLP for short

Glad to see other high profile republicans not standing behind Trump.
I think they are hoping that the Republican Party is salvageable from this morass.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 11:49 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
I think they are hoping that the Republican Party is salvageable from this morass.
It would be nice if they recognized that Trump was not the cause of their woes, merely the result. Putting the cat bag in the bag after it's had run of your house for the last thirty years is not going to be an easy task.

And shifting topic slightly. Was it my eyesight or was Nikki Haley, with the normally beautiful complexion, wearing whiteface at the DNC last night?
Old Aug 25th 2020, 1:17 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Did anyone else catch any of Kimberly Guilfoyle speech last night? If was one of the oddest, most tone deaf, things I have ever heard.

Old Aug 25th 2020, 1:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post
Did anyone else catch any of Kimberly Guilfoyle speech last night? If was one of the oddest, most tone deaf, things I have ever heard.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPG0Bmo7D8
Yeah but seeing as you are not a Trump supporter/voter then she was not speaking to you so that's why it seemed odd. I expect more odd things to come out of Republicans mouths before voting day. I am waiting to see how many threaten to move to Canada and places elsewhere should he get a 2nd term.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 1:30 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQPG0Bmo7D8
You need earplugs for that one.

She's not alone at the convention in delivering a bizarre mixture of fanatical Trump adulation and grandiosity, and peculiar statements about Biden leading a Marxist takeover.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 1:32 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Yeah but seeing as you are not a Trump supporter/voter then she was not speaking to you so that's why it seemed odd. I expect more odd things to come out of Republicans mouths before voting day. I am waiting to see how many threaten to move to Canada and places elsewhere should he get a 2nd term.
Not really. I'm not saying the content was odd - it was typical red meat to the base, it was the style of delivery that was odd. Seemed like she was auditioning for a remake of Evita just without the music.

She's not alone at the convention in delivering a bizarre mixture of fanatical Trump adulation and grandiosity, and peculiar statements about Biden leading a Marxist takeover.
This is the only speech I have seen or intend to see from the RNC. Only sought it out because it has been pretty poorly received by the 'Fake News' and wanted to see why.

Last edited by civilservant; Aug 25th 2020 at 1:37 pm. Reason: 'auditioning'
Old Aug 25th 2020, 1:35 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. I'm not saying the content was odd - it was typical red meat to the base, it was the style of delivery that was odd. Seemed like she was cautioning for a remake of Evita just without the music.

This is the only speech I have seen or intend to see from the RNC. Only sought it out because it has been pretty poorly received by the 'Fake News' and wanted to see why.
I prefer to read what they said later. Less shouty.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 2:17 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Really? Folks reliably threaten that, it’s been happening for 200+ years. The vast majority don’t go.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 2:26 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

Not really. I'm not saying the content was odd - it was typical red meat to the base, it was the style of delivery that was odd. Seemed like she was auditioning for a remake of Evita just without the music.

I had read some reviews and commentary, but hadn't seen video of her speech until you posted it. It looks to have been written - and delivered - as if to a room full of braying supporters, complete with overenthusiastic delivery and rather awkward pauses for the applause that isn't there. For the address to an empty hall, anybody with a half-decent speechwriter would tone down the delivery, even if the rhetoric itself is still a tub-thumper (which this really wasn't...). And it's not as if, as a Fox News pundit, she's unused to playing to the camera rather than the crowd. A very odd performance.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Really? Folks reliably threaten that, it’s been happening for 200+ years. The vast majority don’t go.
Yeah I know but it is nice to see who does then backs out and the odd one get called out on it. Trouble is some of them couldn't if they wanted to.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 3:02 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah I know but it is nice to see who does then backs out and the odd one get called out on it. Trouble is some of them couldn't if they wanted to.
It’s when Britain or Canada offers them $$ or a job, that they actually leave. Like the loyalists after the “revolution,” who got a pension from the British government. And in modern times, a woman I know was able to move to Newfoundland as a teacher, under some government scheme there.
Old Aug 25th 2020, 3:04 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by Oakvillian View Post
I had read some reviews and commentary, but hadn't seen video of her speech until you posted it. It looks to have been written - and delivered - as if to a room full of braying supporters, complete with overenthusiastic delivery and rather awkward pauses for the applause that isn't there. For the address to an empty hall, anybody with a half-decent speechwriter would tone down the delivery, even if the rhetoric itself is still a tub-thumper (which this really wasn't...). And it's not as if, as a Fox News pundit, she's unused to playing to the camera rather than the crowd. A very odd performance.
I think the rump who are left in the Trump campaign are not the best or the brightest. Sad.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.