Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Aug 18th 2020, 12:21 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

So, does Trump think New Zealand is in Europe?

Trump calls out New Zealand’s 'terrible' Covid surge, on day it records nine new cases
Donald Trump has called out New Zealand for its recent Covid-19 outbreak, saying the places the world hailed as a success story is now facing a “big surge” in cases. “The places they were using to hold up now they’re having a big surge … they were holding up names of countries and now they’re saying ‘whoops!. “Do you see what’s happening in New Zealand? They beat it, they beat it, it was like front-page news because they wanted to show me something,” the US president said at a campaign rally in Mankato, Minnesota.
  • On Monday Auckland recorded nine new cases of the virus, and 13 on Tuesday, while the US’s Monday figure was just under 42,000.
  • Overall 22 people have died from Covid-19 in New Zealand, compared with more than 170,000 in the US, the highest death toll in the world. It accounts for nearly 22% of deaths globally.
So that total overreaction or inaccurate representation is bad enough, but...
“Big surge in New Zealand, you know it’s terrible, we don’t want that, but this is an invisible enemy that should never have been let to come to Europe and the rest of the world by China.”
That really makes it sound like NZ is in Europe. Why not just a reference to the rest of the world or just the world? The only reason I can see for "Europe and the rest of the world" would be if he was speaking in Europe or addressing Europeans and he wasn't.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 1:57 pm
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

In other years, has there always been groups of Democrats or Republicans being very vocal about how they're going to vote for the other party because of the behaviour of their president whilst still holding firm on their party's beliefs?
Old Aug 18th 2020, 2:02 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Not to my recollection.

It seems that most of the center-right Republicans see Trump as as much of a 'clear and present danger' to their ideals as most democrats do.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 5:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
That was cool!

"Republican Voters Against Trump" - so this is separate from The Lincoln Group?

I would have thought guys like this would have signed NDAs and would get sued for this. But glad he did it!

Edit to add - https://www.politico.com/news/2020/0...e-money-397340

Former DHS official: Trump wanted to withhold California wildfire money for political reasons

I think it's a different group, seems to be best I can tell, I came across the above only because youtube recommended it but I assume their recommendations are based on my browsing history.

Old Aug 18th 2020, 5:25 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
Thank you Miles (and J!)
Old Aug 18th 2020, 7:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Old Aug 18th 2020, 10:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

Derrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond reputeDerrygal has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
In other years, has there always been groups of Democrats or Republicans being very vocal about how they're going to vote for the other party because of the behaviour of their president whilst still holding firm on their party's beliefs?
I have never seen or heard of it in the 30 years I have lived here - 30 years here today - cannot believe it. I think many moderate Republicans just feel that Trump has absolutely destroyed their party - that is the gist of it. It's the Trump party now - and they don't like it!
Old Aug 18th 2020, 10:20 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Derrygal View Post
I have never seen or heard of it in the 30 years I have lived here - 30 years here today - cannot believe it. I think many moderate Republicans just feel that Trump has absolutely destroyed their party - that is the gist of it. It's the Trump party now - and they don't like it!
How those people will vote, though, is a mystery to me. Among the options;

- They choose to sit it out, don’t vote this year
- They vote for republican candidates but don’t vote for president
- They vote for Biden for president, and other candidates they like, regardless of party
- Even though they dislike Trump, they vote for Trump and other republican candidates

Who knows?
Old Aug 18th 2020, 10:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

The Lincoln Project tailored an ad for Puerto Rico.

Edited as I found the English version.

Old Aug 18th 2020, 10:59 pm
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

Focusing on the wrong thing there, IMO.

They need to be slamming Trump and the PMG over USPS.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 11:44 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by civilservant View Post

The ads are specifically for Puerto Rico though, and they don't have a direct vote for Presdient through the mail or any other method.
Old Aug 18th 2020, 11:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

You mean like this one? (sorry, it's not on youtube but can be found on the Lincoln Project's twitter feed as well))

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/vv...3-twitter-usps
Old Aug 18th 2020, 11:53 pm
Often not so civil...

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
You mean like this one? (sorry, it's not on youtube but can be found on the Lincoln Project's twitter feed as well))

https://secure.actblue.com/donate/vv...3-twitter-usps
Yep - just like that one!
Old Aug 18th 2020, 11:54 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
The ads are specifically for Puerto Rico though, and they don't have a direct vote for Presdient through the mail or any other method.
I would have thought that the ads were aimed at Puerto Ricans who have settled on the mainland and do have voting rights, although the small number of Puerto Ricans that I do know, living in Florida and Texas, are about as anti-Trump as a person could get.
Old Aug 19th 2020, 12:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Yep - just like that one!
I'm not sure if it's one of theirs but why spend money to put out something that someone else has already done and doesn't mind having them endorse it?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.