Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Aug 15th 2020, 12:05 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I don't even know to be honest, I pretty much get all my news from Canadian sources these days, maybe I have become more Canadian then I realize.
I personally use Vox, Politico, and Axios primarily for political news. Politico seems most active, and auto-refreshes. Vox, you need to refresh the page. Axios has a rather unique front page that I'm not yet accustomed to.
https://www.politico.com/
https://www.vox.com/
https://www.axios.com/

Edit To Add - I'd be interested in the opinions of others on these sites. They all seem 'fairly unbiased', compared to, say CNN or Fox News. I'd hazard a guess they are close to NYT in terms of political leaning, and seem free of paywalls. They all do have some premium content but I've never found myself locked out of anything useful. I only added Axios to my 'list' recently, after the interview they did with Trump.

Last edited by Steerpike; Aug 15th 2020 at 12:12 am.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 12:41 am
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Wow, that is quite a stretch: Placing Trump into the same category as Hitler and Stalin.
Yes it is but I didn't place him anywhere, I merely pointed out that even the lowest of the low have been known to implement agreeable policies.
When he was elected, Trump had the opportunity to pursue the interests of the American people, not just a select few. He'd always be a tasteless piece of shit but he had the chance to be a tasteless piece of shit who did the right thing in his time in the White House, he couldn't even manage that.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
That's probably a good thing, it'll make you feel more at home

IMO the only decent online news sites in Australia are SBS and (to a lesser degree) the ABC. They're somewhat like the Guardian and the BBC. I do read CNN sometimes but I don't think anyone could accuse them of being non-biased.

ps I've probably gone off topic so I'd better shut up now!
I sometimes youtube Australian news clips, not for the news, I just like the accents.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 3:30 am
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

And the police love him. Donald is in very good form here, you can see he is relaxed and having a great deal of fun. Rudy Giuliani, one of NY's most successful and distinguished mayors spoke glowingly of him. Apparently he wants to make NY safe again.

Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:08 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

And the police love him. Donald is in very good form here, you can see he is relaxed and having a great deal of fun. Rudy Giuliani, one of NY's most successful and distinguished mayors spoke glowingly of him. Apparently he wants to make NY safe again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UAOxlsssGbk
Some of us here live in the United States. Probably know several police officers. Inconvenient, I know, but life is a bit complicated. My neighbors’ kid is a federal marshall, used to be a town police officer. She’s a democrat as it happens. She despises Donald Trump. I know another police officer, he’s a Republican. Everyone’s an individual!
Old Aug 15th 2020, 1:25 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Some of us here live in the United States. Probably know several police officers. Inconvenient, I know, but life is a bit complicated. My neighbors’ kid is a federal marshall, used to be a town police officer. She’s a democrat as it happens. She despises Donald Trump. I know another police officer, he’s a Republican. Everyone’s an individual!
Wait, what? How are we ever going to assign these people their t shirt words?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 2:14 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Another lying piece of shit who doesn't pay his bills.
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ru...awsuit-1900987

Can't you find someone with just a few morals to support your theories?
Old Aug 15th 2020, 3:20 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Another lying piece of shit who doesn't pay his bills.
https://news.artnet.com/art-world/ru...awsuit-1900987

Can't you find someone with just a few morals to support your theories?
Giuliani, famous for adultery. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that someone as keen as Paulry on Christian family values should admire the man.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 5:38 pm
Deep in the woods of CT

Nutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond reputeNutmegger has a reputation beyond repute

Can I get a trial by jury? I really don’t think that what I did broke Rule 18 as I didn’t try to misrepresent the OP’s statement, but rather was totally upfront and pointed out that I had indeed made the change.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 7:52 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Giuliani, famous for adultery. I'm shocked, shocked I tell you, that someone as keen as Paulry on Christian family values should admire the man.
I'm going to predict that, post Trump presidency, Giuliani will be in legal jeopardy with NY State along with the rest of the Trump crime family. Giuliani truly jumped the shark hitching his wagon to Trump. Very weird way to wreck his 9/11 legacy.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Aug 15th 2020 at 7:59 pm.
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:10 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger View Post
Can I get a trial by jury? I really don’t think that what I did broke Rule 18 as I didn’t try to misrepresent the OP’s statement, but rather was totally upfront and pointed out that I had indeed made the change.
Can I be on your legal team? I'll do it pro-bono
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:21 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I'll do it pro-bono
ugh... Cant stand U2

Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:29 pm

Sugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond reputeSugarmooma has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
ugh... Cant stand U2
I'll do it with or without you
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:34 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Sugarmooma View Post
I'll do it with or without you

Stoppit!
Old Aug 15th 2020, 9:40 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutmegger View Post
Count yourself lucky still being here to plead your case with the people who matter.

Some of us didn't get that luxury.

Or even a warning.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.