Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:22 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Are we supposed to search under batshittery or what?
Just ****ing Google “what the **** just happened today.”
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:24 pm
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jsmth321 View Post
I don't even know to be honest, I pretty much get all my news from Canadian sources these days, maybe I have become more Canadian then I realize.
That's probably a good thing, it'll make you feel more at home

IMO the only decent online news sites in Australia are SBS and (to a lesser degree) the ABC. They're somewhat like the Guardian and the BBC. I do read CNN sometimes but I don't think anyone could accuse them of being non-biased.

ps I've probably gone off topic so I'd better shut up now!
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:27 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by spouse of scouse View Post
That's probably a good thing, it'll make you feel more at home

IMO the only decent online news sites in Australia are SBS and (to a lesser degree) the ABC. They're somewhat like the Guardian and the BBC. I do read CNN sometimes but I don't think anyone could accuse them of being non-biased.
National Public Radio is relatively good. (Bit low budget, but that’s the USA for you.) That plus CBC has North America wrapped up.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:28 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Just ****ing Google “what the **** just happened today.”
Use some hand sanitizer, you dirty bird.
Concierge

spouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond reputespouse of scouse has a reputation beyond repute

I finally bit the bullet and paid for NYT. £3 a month ... really nothing. (I’m in the US now but same difference.) Honestly, the NYT is basically the only real newspaper left standing.
I had to subscribe but there was no charge. They must feel sorry for poor, isolated Aussies.
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I've seen the f word mis-spelled on garage doors.
You just can't get good graffiti artists these days
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
... And Adolf Hitler had a significant role in the design of the VW Beetle, Stalin industrialized the USSR. Your point is?
Wow, that is quite a stretch: Placing Trump into the same category as Hitler and Stalin.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:29 pm
Concierge

National Public Radio is relatively good. (Bit low budget, but that’s the USA for you.) That plus CBC has North America wrapped up.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:29 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
Wow, that is quite a stretch: Comparing Trump with Hitler and Stalin.
Agreed. Stalin and Hitler could string a sentence together, when needed.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:34 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. Stalin and Hitler could string a sentence together, when needed.
The greater influence on Trump is from Putin.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:36 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Well he's not all bad. This is a very significant win.
"Two days after Donald Trump was elected, Masha Gessen argued in the New York Review of Books that he was “the first candidate in memory who ran not for president, but for autocrat—and won.” The piece offered advice, such as “Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.”

https://www.economist.com/books-and-...s-masha-gessen

[may be behind paywall]

A very good point, really. The paulry's of this world will latch onto small things that sound normal, even good, whilst missing the much bigger picture.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:45 pm
Banned

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
"Two days after Donald Trump was elected, Masha Gessen argued in the New York Review of Books that he was “the first candidate in memory who ran not for president, but for autocrat—and won.” The piece offered advice, such as “Do not be taken in by small signs of normality.”

https://www.economist.com/books-and-...s-masha-gessen

[may be behind paywall]

A very good point, really. The paulry's of this world will latch onto small things that sound normal, even good, whilst missing the much bigger picture.
And your bigger picture is?
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:46 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

And your bigger picture is?
If you can't see it, well, there's not much chance of a rational discussion with you. And it's not my bigger picture; that author's use of the word autocrat should be a big clue.

Last edited by Giantaxe; Aug 14th 2020 at 10:52 pm.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 10:50 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Giantaxe View Post
If you can't see it, well, there's not much chance of a rational discussion with you.
I would genuinely be interested to see what your bigger picture is - if indeed there us one other than hatred of Trump no matte what he does. I can't promise that I'll agree with much/any or all of it but lets see how rational your big picture is.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 11:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Hopefully it's something he can pass on to donald.
This is the brother that unsuccessfully tried to block publication of Mary Trump's book.
Old Aug 14th 2020, 11:24 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

I would genuinely be interested to see what your bigger picture is - if indeed there us one other than hatred of Trump no matte what he does. I can't promise that I'll agree with much/any or all of it but lets see how rational your big picture is.
What do you think has been accomplished in the middle east exactly?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.