Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:10 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond reputeBipat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by Watchpost View Post
Why did you change the subject to her mother? Ah, wait - I think I already know the answer.
Why not?? Not a change of subject. Her mother was a prestigious medical researcher. Why should she not have pride in the origins of her mother as well as that of her father.
( Religion was mentioned in the mock list.)
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:11 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Man of principle my arse. He was partly/laregly responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of Central America, along with torture and imprisonment.He militarily, politically and economically supported dictatorships. He provided support to mass murderers such as Roberto D'Aubuisson, head of the death squad in El Salvador and Efrain Rios Montt in Guatemala. 200,000 dead in Guatemala alone. He rejected attempts made by the Sandinistas in Nicaragua after they removed their murderous, US-sponsored distator Somoza Debayle, to normalize the relationship with Washington. Instead, he threw one of the smallest, poorest countries on the continent into a 10-year civil war that caused a huge number of deaths, mostly civilian. He violated American law by selling weapons to Iran to fund the Contra army to do this. He supported the School of the Americas in Fort Benning, Georgia, returning its "curriculum" to one of teaching the military thugs of Central and South America in the techniques of torture, terror, and suppression of resistance, including the direct involvement of the CIA and US military. And he lied about it all, on a regular basis.

Let's not rewrite history.
But, what did the Romans ever do for US?

I have to say, Reagan as President wasn't something I supported in my younger days and I'm too old to change now!
Presumably, in future years, Trump will be lauded for not completely destroying the US economy and not causing WW3.
Hopefully.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:17 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
But, what did the Romans ever do for US?

I have to say, Reagan as President wasn't something I supported in my younger days and I'm too old to change now!
Presumably, in future years, Trump will be lauded for not completely destroying the US economy and not causing WW3.
Hopefully.
"It's morning on the golf course."
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:22 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Man of principle my arse. He was largely responsible for the deaths of tens of thousands of people in Central America and South America, along with torture and imprisonment.He militarily, politically and economically supported dictatorships. He provided support to mass murderers such as Roberto D'Aubuisson, head of the death squad in El Salvador and Efrain Rios Montt in Guatemala. 200,000 dead in Guatemala alone. He rejected attempts made by the Sandinistas in Nicaragua after they removed their murderous, US-sponsored distator Somoza Debayle, to normalize the relationship with Washington. Instead, he threw one of the smallest, poorest countries on the continent into a 10-year civil war that caused a huge number of deaths, mostly civilian. He violated American law by selling weapons to Iran to fund the Contra army to do this. He supported the School of the Americas in Fort Benning, Georgia, returning its "curriculum" to one of teaching the military thugs of Central and South America in the techniques of torture, terror, and suppression of resistance, including the direct involvement of the CIA and US military. And he lied about it all, on a regular basis. Let's not rewrite history.
I was painting a lady's house and her dear old Aunts came from the States to visit. I guess Reagan had been in for a little while, and they didn't like him because he'd taken the milk off the school lunch program.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:26 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
I was painting a lady's house and her dear old Aunts came from the States to visit. I guess Reagan had been in for a little while, and they didn't like him because he'd taken the milk off the school lunch program.

He was very fond of Thatcher.

​​​​​​​He did cut the school lunch budget. That's how ketchup became a vegetable.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:32 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

That's how ketchup became a vegetable.
That's ridiculous. Clearly Ketchup is a fruit.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:38 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
Yes, but the Bloody Mary is a vegetable.

Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:39 pm

Originally Posted by Nutek View Post
The new school lunch program.

Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:41 pm

Yes, but the Bloody Mary is a vegetable.

And a Covid-fighting disinfectant once you add the vodka.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:46 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

He learned from Thatcher the milk snatcher

He was very fond of Thatcher.
I used to have this poster on my stairs.

Old Aug 12th 2020, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

I used to have this poster on my stairs.

Stuff of nightmares.
Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:19 pm
Resident Cynic

macliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond reputemacliam has a reputation beyond repute

Stuff of nightmares.
I remember a nighmare I had more than once whilst they were hand in hand.
I would be sitting at an outside table with friends. I'd drop something and bend to pick it up and there was a blinding flash.
Nothing more.

Threats don't go away, they just change.....

Old Aug 12th 2020, 3:28 pm

Originally Posted by macliam View Post
I remember a nighmare I had more than once whilst they were hand in hand.
I would be sitting at an outside table with friends. I'd drop something and bend to pick it up and there was a blinding flash.
Nothing more.

Threats don't go away, they just change.....

Whoa. That's a bit more drastic than any of my dreams on the subject. I once dreamed that I won an Olympic gold medal in track, which gave me the opportunity to refuse to shake Reagan's hand on being welcomed to the White House afterwards
Old Aug 12th 2020, 4:00 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

On the topic of President Trump, wasn’t he just about to roll out a comprehensive health care plan a few weeks ago? Did it ever come out, and what is it?
Old Aug 12th 2020, 4:02 pm

Nutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond reputeNutek has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
On the topic of President Trump, wasn’t he just about to roll out a comprehensive health care plan a few weeks ago? Did it ever come out, and what is it?
Bleach.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.