Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Feb 10th 2016, 2:54 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It's almost starting to look like Trump is trying to tank his campaign, but no matter how outlandish the stuff he comes out with to do that, it seems to have the opposite effect.
Exactly.

At this point I'm about ready to worry more about the state of the electorate than of the candidates. And that's saying something
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:00 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Exactly.

At this point I'm about ready to worry more about the state of the electorate than of the candidates. And that's saying something
That's the thing. To me (and a great many I'm sure), it's hard to believe the Trump really believes the things he is saying, or has any desire to even be president in the first place, yet there are people out there eating up his every word without a hint of irony. People who think Trump is the answer, that he will be a good and effective leader.

The same people forget that Trump identified as a Democrat for the longest time before his latest presidential bids.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:01 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

That's the thing. To me (and a great many I'm sure), it's hard to believe the Trump really believes the things he is saying, or has any desire to even be president in the first place, yet there are people out there eating up his every word without a hint of irony. People who think Trump is the answer, that he will be a good and effective leader.

The same people forget that Trump identified as a Democrat for the longest time before his latest presidential bids.

I can just see The White House as The Shark Tank.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Here is one Canadian who hopes Trump becomes your next President
Old Feb 10th 2016, 3:25 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
I can just see The White House as The Shark Tank.
May as well just name it the Shite House now and be done with it.

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
Here is one Canadian who hopes Trump becomes your next President
Presumably for the schadenfreude?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:00 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

May as well just name it the Shite House now and be done with it.

Presumably for the schadenfreude?
Im not denying that some of your cousins north of the 49th parallel might enjoy some of the schadenfreude that would come with Trump becoming President but why should we care who you elect as President as its your country. Are our Merican cousins seriously worried that the general population will actually vote for him? We know you do some stoopid things and argue about gun control or who we should bomb next week but surely not that stoopid to vote him in as President?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:04 pm
Grove 4 Life

Im not denying that some of your cousins north of the 49th parallel might enjoy some of the schadenfreude that would come with Trump becoming President but why should we care who you elect as President as its your country. Are our Merican cousins seriously worried that the general population will actually vote for him? We know you do some stoopid things and argue about gun control or who we should bomb next week but surely not that stoopid to vote him in as President?
I was curious as to why you said you hoped he would become the next President, I thought you wanted a laugh at our expense . One would think that in all seriousness the rest of the world is crossing their fingers for President Sanders, though.

I don't actually think he would win a general election. I'd love to see him go up against Bernie, the debates would be epic. That being said, primaries are a different situation anyway, but I can't see him winning the nomination in the first place.

It is concerning though that a section of our electorate, no matter how small it may be, would support him unironically.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 4:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian View Post
You think Trump gives a shit about human rights? Sure, deporting a few thousands of undocumented immigrants has no impact on anybody's human rights. Forbidding all Muslims from entering America has no impact on human rights at all, no of course not. His "I'm gonna get tough with Putin" rhetoric, while completely devoid of any sort of policy content at all, is at least an indication that he's as hawkish as the most hawkish hawk when it comes to throwing the US's military muscle around. His stance on Syria is poorly thought out to the point of idiocy, but is conspicuous by the absence of concern for the fate of any Syrians, whichever faction they support.

Trump is still a joke candidate. The problem is, the Republican primary electorate don't seem to realise that the joke's on them.
Hmmm

Should have just turned at the PoE and demanded my Human Rights...
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian View Post
Trump is still a joke candidate.
He's only a joke candidate if you believe that slaughtering Muslims in their home countries is a good thing - a joke, indeed. Every one of his rivals except Sanders is a warmonger whose idea of fun is attacking with rockets those whom they genuinely regard as sub-human. Speaking of "fun", it's on record that drone pilots refer to children living in Afghanistan villages as "fun-sized terrorists". All of Trump's rivals accept this idea of fun; he doesn't. Is that a joke?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:33 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Agreed. I just wonder if Trump, being an extreme narcissist, is now in some kind of non-reality state of mind, and acting in concert with his low brow supporters. Corrupted absolutely by a glittering prize beyond his initial expectations?
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:44 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Agreed. I just wonder if Trump, being an extreme narcissist, is now in some kind of non-reality state of mind, and acting in concert with his low brow supporters. Corrupted absolutely by a glittering prize beyond his initial expectations?
He may be but what IF he is elected as President will he turn down the job. Its up to the American voters to stop him unless he withdraws. In the recent Canadian election only 39.5% voted for Trudeau leaving 60% voting against him. Harper won with less
Old Feb 10th 2016, 5:45 pm
Grove 4 Life

I don't know what's going on with him. We're just going to have to wait to see how the whole thing plays out.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 6:06 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

I don't know what's going on with him. We're just going to have to wait to see how the whole thing plays out.
Seriously how much influence/power does a President have? Talk is one thing actions are another.

Wall on the Southern border as an example. Estimated cost 8 Billion.
Trump has vowed to force Mexico to pay for the border wall and said Tuesday on MSNBC that the hefty $8 billion price tag "is a tiny fraction of the money that we lose with Mexico" on trade.

Deport all illegal immigrants yes all 12 million of them.
Mr Trump hasn't set out a timeframe for his mass deportation strategy, but a 2015 study by the American Action Forum (AAF), a conservative think tank, estimates it would take about 20 years to find and deport that many people.

Ban all Muslims entering the USA.
Last time I checked your passport doesn't have religion on it so how do you determine if this person is a Muslim?
Are you a Muslim No then what ask them to eat a hot dog or drink alcohol?

Trump on gun control
I generally oppose gun control, but I support the ban on assault weapons and I support a slightly longer waiting period to purchase a gun. With today’s Internet technology we should be able to tell within 72-hours if a potential gun owner has a record.

Trump on other issues
Donald Trump on the Issues

Love him or hate him he is certainly stirring things up and some will vote for him.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 6:23 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Love him or hate him he is certainly stirring things up and some will vote for him.

That, amigo, is the problem.
Old Feb 10th 2016, 6:45 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

[/B]

That, amigo, is the problem.
Last time I checked an American citizen is free to vote for whoever they want to.
Im no fan of Trump but he is saying things that other won't. Why is that?
How many agree with him on building the wall to keep illegals out? Those that don't are OK with illegal immigration then?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.