Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump.

President Trump.

Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:24 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat098 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default re: President Trump.

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Sounds good to me, especially if we don't all end up shouting at each other
I think we're mostly on the same side on this . Just behave yourself
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:32 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by stevenglish1 View Post
I think we're mostly on the same side on this . Just behave yourself
That would be a first.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 8:54 pm
Polished expat

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

It's started already
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 9:04 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Red Eric View Post
It's started already

I'm choosing to ignore the agents provocateurs.
Old Mar 3rd 2020, 9:08 pm
Somewhere rather noisy .

BEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond reputeBEVS has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post
Just a general comment about President Trump, and the way he sees his responsibilities and carries them out.

I don’t have a link, this was just a brief news item I heard on the Radio 4 news at 7am.

President Trump had a meeting with CEOs of major pharmaceutical companies and impressed upon them how important it was to develop & make available ASAP an effective vaccine against the coronavirus. Trump wrapped up the meeting that he was confident such treatments would soon be available and would be wonderful. (BBC drily stated that all indications were that in fact such treatments may be ready in a year or eighteen months.)

It’s reasonable to suppose that those drug companies were doing this anyway. They obviously weren’t waiting for Trump to ask them. Then, President Trump indulged in “Happy Talk;” a meaningless, general statement that something he’s promoting is coming soon and will be wonderful.

This will be morphed, in his and his core supporters worldview, that Trump is on top of this crisis and will claim any successes, as his own.
I agree with this observation.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 3:32 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
Here's the thing that sticks out for me.

I've worked a lot with actors and "voice talent" in my previous profession. In the studio, most use their hands much like Trump does in this and other speeches, where he's reading from a teleprompter.

The hand motions help the talent to deliver more emotion, more power in their delivery.

In this case, Trump is clearly just reading a script, and attempting to deliver it like an actor practicing the role. He's doing a lousy job, because he hasn't memorised the lines. He's just reading off the script for the first time. So, he needs the hand motions to help him with the delivery, but the slurring is more likely because it's his very first read of the script, and he's having difficulty anticipating what the next line is and how he should deliver it. Because he just doesn't know. So he's not sure what to say. Besides, he's old and lazy. This teleprompter crap just isn't "him".

I've seen this before in impromptu reads by voice talent. They bungle the entire delivery because they haven't ever practiced the script.

You might notice that when Trump goes full "rogue", and just blurts out whatever comes to mind (not reading from a teleprompter) he doesn't use his hands like that. Because he's already confident. And he doesn't slur.

The slurring... Lack of confidence... He's just not a pro.
I see it the same way. He's reading something he clearly has never seen before --- even though I'm sure he had every opportunity. Whoever it is that's writing that nonsense (I'm looking at you Stephen [puke] Miller) doesn't use the same speaking style (gibberish) as Trump so that makes it all the more cringe worthy to watch

The teleprompter is a tool to keep speaker on track but they still have to already know the material and practice saying it out loud, ffs. This isn't anything new and he's just too lazy to even do the bare minimum of work.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 9:14 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by yellowroom View Post
Aphasia can be caused by several different neurological conditions, but I’m leaning towards FTD given his difficulties with stairs and the strange shoulder twitch that occurs when he has a speech flub - like his brain is rebooting.

Read any medical website about FTD, and it’s a tick list of his behaviour. However, he may well have other concurrent issues, like stroke or TIA. Plus the widely rumoured Adderall consumption won’t help.
Or to put it in plain English
" He,s just "Bat shit crazy"
Old Mar 4th 2020, 11:29 am
Banned

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

He's not crazy. He's just skilled at bullshit.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 7:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

philat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond reputephilat98 has a reputation beyond repute

With all the fake news coming from the WHO can Trump cancel the 2020 election?
Old Mar 5th 2020, 7:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by philat98 View Post
With all the fake news coming from the WHO can Trump cancel the 2020 election?
I wouldn't have thought so. The Constitution says "He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years". Seems pretty conclusive.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 7:32 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
I wouldn't have thought so. The Constitution says "He shall hold his Office during the Term of four Years". Seems pretty conclusive.
That was my first thought, certainly no constitutional expert but if that was the case I am sure it would have been mentioned.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 8:01 pm
He/him

kimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond reputekimilseung has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow View Post
Probably, however, the full extent of the powers of the Commander in Chief are not clearly defined.
Old Mar 5th 2020, 8:27 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

I know if nothing that allows an extension, that would need to be fairly clear.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 10:54 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

I read this in the Guardian today
Donald Trump attacks Biden's cognitive health in possible general-election preview
Trump’s line of attack raised the unedifying spectacle of an election focused on two men in their 70s attacking each other’s alleged cognitive decline.
Immediately I thought of this.

Perhaps it will end the same way.
Old Mar 6th 2020, 2:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
I read this in the Guardian today
Donald Trump attacks Biden's cognitive health in possible general-election preview

Immediately I thought of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D3neQZqFP3M

Perhaps it will end the same way.
Is that the film where they torture someone by drilling holes in his teeth?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.