Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Dec 11th 2019, 9:56 am
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

The thing about this impeachment that's really dangerous... Is that if it fails to remove him from office (and it's quite likely it will fail), they will be unleashing a monster that knows no limits. Above the law in all ways. And will definitely be reelected.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 12:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
The thing about this impeachment that's really dangerous... Is that if it fails to remove him from office (and it's quite likely it will fail), they will be unleashing a monster that knows no limits. Above the law in all ways. And will definitely be reelected.
... Hence my previous comment Ami. The voter/s are effectively irrelevant.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:09 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
No different to what Koop is posting on here.
He actually makes his posts for free - that's the big difference.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 2:56 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by amideislas View Post
I don't disagree, I actually have the same thoughts exactly. What's the alternative though? If the Democrats ignore the reports of lawlessness coming from inside the White House then we've already unleashed a monster that knows no limits. This is a chaos, created by Trump and the people who elected and still support him, that the adults have been left to clean up. If they fail to clean it up, and it may be impossible to clean it up in the current situation, the adults will get blamed. The truth of the matter is that Trump will never stop. He'll never moderate himself, that's obvious, and doing nothing simply is not an option.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:16 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond reputeAnian has a reputation beyond repute

It's pretty weird for the Trump campaign to compare Trump to the villain of a movie, at the exact moment that he tries to wipe out everyone on Earth, only to fail due to over confidence while mocking his opponents. You'd think that he's at least want to be on the same side as Captain America.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:27 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
I don't disagree, I actually have the same thoughts exactly. What's the alternative though? If the Democrats ignore the reports of lawlessness coming from inside the White House then we've already unleashed a monster that knows no limits. This is a chaos, created by Trump and the people who elected and still support him, that the adults have been left to clean up. If they fail to clean it up, and it may be impossible to clean it up in the current situation, the adults will get blamed. The truth of the matter is that Trump will never stop. He'll never moderate himself, that's obvious, and doing nothing simply is not an option.
It seems to me that Pelosi is playing this very badly and really just going through the motions on impeachment as something that has to be done. It's a narrow scope and is being rushed through Congress without waiting for all the additional witnesses and financials to become available. Plus how bad a look is it that the articles of impeachment were announced on the same day as Democrats gave Trump a victory on the USMCA?

But you're right about this is something Democrats has to do otherwise it makes an absolute joke about respecting the law and the Constitution. I still think overall this will work out better for the Democrats as they get to control the narrative instead of Trump controlling the narrative.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:32 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
...we've already unleashed a monster that knows no limits. This is a chaos, created by Trump and the people who elected and still support him, that the adults have been left to clean up. If they fail to clean it up, and it may be impossible to clean it up in the current situation, the adults will get blamed. The truth of the matter is that Trump will never stop. He'll never moderate himself, that's obvious, and doing nothing simply is not an option.
This reminds me so much of original Star Trek. Some sort of creature that thrived on electrical impulse or whatever it was and they overloaded it until it burst. Or something.

Perhaps we should all start praising him bowing down etc so his head expands and eventually explodes.

Old Dec 11th 2019, 4:48 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
This reminds me so much of original Star Trek. Some sort of creature that thrived on electrical impulse or whatever it was and they overloaded it until it burst. Or something.

Perhaps we should all start praising him bowing down etc so his head expands and eventually explodes.
I don't think Trump has a limit to his ego and narcissism.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 5:41 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
It seems to me that Pelosi is playing this very badly and really just going through the motions on impeachment as something that has to be done. It's a narrow scope and is being rushed through Congress without waiting for all the additional witnesses and financials to become available. Plus how bad a look is it that the articles of impeachment were announced on the same day as Democrats gave Trump a victory on the USMCA?

But you're right about this is something Democrats has to do otherwise it makes an absolute joke about respecting the law and the Constitution. I still think overall this will work out better for the Democrats as they get to control the narrative instead of Trump controlling the narrative.
It's not something that can ever be perfect. If it gets dragged out endlessly, which in reality is should because he keeps doing impeachable shit every five minutes, then that makes for bad optics too. It's a shitty thing that he's doing to the country and he'll never stop.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 5:50 pm
WTF?

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post

I don't think Trump has a limit to his ego and narcissism.
Yeah, you can't do anything with a psychopathic narcissist. You either have to fight them or avoid them. There is no inbetween and there is no changing a narcissist because they love themselves just the way they are.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:09 pm
Reasonable Bitch

amideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond reputeamideislas has a reputation beyond repute

I agree that something must be done. But I think Zargof is right. Not only is the case lacking in undeniable rock solid proof that simply can't be questioned (and I think they could have done a better job of establishing that first), but it's a republican-controlled Senate, and they'll be the deciding factor. Even if found guilty, they can still block his removal from office. And in native Trump speak, that translates to "total exoneration". Fake news, just like he always said.

They need a slam dunk on this one. I'm not sure they have it. They could have taken more time to get it. And that's the single most dangerous part of it. If he escapes this one, he'll be on the path to dictatorship. 3rd term? 4th? Sound crazy?

Last edited by amideislas; Dec 11th 2019 at 6:13 pm.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I think Pelosi's strategy is to rush it through as quickly as possible so it's in the past, and we can focus on what matters - the 2020 election. As most people are acknowledging, the impeachment by the House will pass, and then he'll be acquitted by the Senate. To the vast majority of the voting public, this will be interpreted as 'the Impeachment failed' and will be turned into a 'win' for Trump. The sooner we get this behind us the better. We need to be arguing about climate change, healthcare, foreign policy.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:32 pm
I love my brick!

I think people are missing one the important implications of impeachment, and that is the Senate. If as expected all the GOP senators vote against impeachment, then there are quite a few vulnerable GOP senators up for election next year. The Dem challengers to Collins, Tillis, Perdue et al. can be hammering away at them about voting against impeaching Trump. It's got a good chance of motivating a few more voters to vote against them.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:33 pm
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute

Interesting you mention the new-NAFTA, it looks like Trump has been successful in USMCA, successful in pushing the NATO lagards to start paying their way, the wall is going up slowly, economy is OK, dems could easily put forward a dud - sounds like "four more years!" territory to me.
Old Dec 11th 2019, 6:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Steerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond reputeSteerpike has a reputation beyond repute

I think people are missing one the important implications of impeachment, and that is the Senate. If as expected all the GOP senators vote against impeachment, then there are quite a few vulnerable GOP senators up for election next year. The Dem challengers to Collins, Tillis, Perdue et al. can be hammering away at them about voting against impeaching Trump. It's got a good chance of motivating a few more voters to vote against them.
Interesting analysis of how the Senate will likely vote, and the dynamics behind it ... https://fivethirtyeight.com/features...rumps-removal/

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.