Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:33 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by robin1234 View Post

What a Farago of complete and utter bollocks you write.
I must say, it's nice to have you back again.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:33 pm
Who - me?

Red Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond reputeRed Eric has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
As well as payments into the NHS by individuals through deductions I imagine the government must be pouring millions every year into the system to keep it running.
Keep 'em coming, koopy!

Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Oakvillian View Post
What? Is "crowded, densely populated Greater London" not "an urban area," then?

I have family members who live and work in the UK and have regular recourse to the NHS, including my mother, currently in her eighties. I am not aware that any of them - whether they are living in urban or rural areas - ever have to wait more than a few days for a doctor's appointment, and often, as others on this thread have reported from their direct experience, is able to be seen same-day in a walk-in clinic. Your eight week timeline is an outright lie. Stop repeating it.
Again. Not what I've heard from people who have had recent experience with the NHS. Here under my insurance if I called my doctors office and said I wanted an appointment same day they probably wouldn't be able to accommodate me. I can therefore go down to the Urgent Care Clinic a five minute drive away and be seen by a doctor at that facility and pay nothing. If they diagnosed me as a hospital case they would arrange for me to be transported to the hospital. But.........it's not always a smell of roses..... I would have to pay 200 dollars for the ambulance ride to that hospital. The hospital stay and any surgery or specialized treatment needed would be no charge to me. My insurance would cover it

Last edited by dc koop; Nov 8th 2019 at 7:36 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:34 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
I must say, it's nice to have you back again.
Finally! Someone noticed I was gone!
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:40 pm
Heading for Poppyland

robin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond reputerobin1234 has a reputation beyond repute

As well as payments into the NHS by individuals through deductions I imagine the government must be pouring millions every year into the system to keep it running.
Not million, billions. How else do you think you can pay for healthcare? Unicorn farts?

Money. It’s how we pay for healthcare, in the US and UK.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

What a Farago of complete and utter bollocks you write.
So you don't believe anything I've said about the Social Security situation for example? Do you follow the news? Or do you live on some freakin distant planet? Do even live in the US by any chance?
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:44 pm
BE Forum Addict

Lynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond reputeLynn R has a reputation beyond repute

You probably are too young to remember when the NHS was in it's early years and the number of benefits that were available and have now since disappeared or now require co-payments . They were cut because of the sheer cost of maintaining them. Do you still get free eyeglasses? Free dental treatment? Free zero charge prescriptions ? Some people now who can afford it are opting for private health insurance. As well as payments into the NHS by individuals through deductions I imagine the government must be pouring millions every year into the system to keep it running.
Some people in the UK who can afford it have always opted for private health insurance. That's why private hospitals exist at all in the UK. By the way, none of them offer emergency care nor do they cater for long term chronic conditions. If a patient is operated on in a private hospital and something goes wrong, they are immediately transferred to an NHS hospital intensive care unit and if necessary undergo corrective surgery - and the NHS picks up the bill. I used to work for the UK Government body which regulated private health care and all reports of such transfers in my region came across my desk and were investigated, so I know this to be true.

https://www.hsj.co.uk/private-sector...022613.article

Last edited by Lynn R; Nov 8th 2019 at 7:48 pm.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:45 pm
Heading for Poppyland

So you don't believe anything I've said about the Social Security situation for example? Do you follow the news? Or do you live on some freakin distant planet? Do even live in the US by any chance?
https://www.fool.com/retirement/2018...-bankrupt.aspx

Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:48 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Finally! Someone noticed I was gone!
It's nice to be missed
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:54 pm
Heading for Poppyland

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
It's nice to be missed
I crawled back to BE when I discovered that real life leaves a lot to be desired.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Not million, billions. How else do you think you can pay for healthcare? Unicorn farts?

Money. It’s how we pay for healthcare, in the US and UK.
And there will be trillions more needed down the road. In the end it will surpass the national defence budget.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 7:58 pm
Heading for Poppyland

And there will be trillions more needed down the road. In the end it will surpass the national defence budget.
Very true. Healthcare will always be expensive.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 8:01 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Again. Not what I've heard from people who have had recent experience with the NHS. Here under my insurance if I called my doctors office and said I wanted an appointment same day they probably wouldn't be able to accommodate me. I can therefore go down to the Urgent Care Clinic a five minute drive away and be seen by a doctor at that facility and pay nothing. If they diagnosed me as a hospital case they would arrange for me to be transported to the hospital. But.........it's not always a smell of roses..... I would have to pay 200 dollars for the ambulance ride to that hospital. The hospital stay and any surgery or specialized treatment needed would be no charge to me. My insurance would cover it
What I don't understand is why you think it is a bad idea for others to have the same healthcare coverage as you.
Old Nov 8th 2019, 8:03 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute

And your fortunate if you can access such care without large out of pocket costs, if only everyone had access to that level of healthcare.

On that note, have a wonderful life;.

Old Nov 8th 2019, 8:06 pm
Magnificently Withering

Oakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond reputeOakvillian has a reputation beyond repute

And that would be exactly the experience of a patient in the UK using the NHS, except that the ambulance ride wouldn't incur a cost to the patient and they wouldn't have to worry about whether the hospital, or any of the medical staff working in that hospital, was "out of network" and therefore ineligible for insurance coverage. And they'd never see a bill for any co-pay nonsense.

Your anecdotes are doing a very good job of arguing against your own position. Do carry on.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.