Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jul 31st 2019, 12:43 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by zargof View Post
Who are "they", and how are they anti-democratic? If you are talking about the left in general, it would seem they are not the ones engaged in voter suppression, which is the certainly anti-democratic.

You do realize that you can't just say any old bullshit without having something to back it up. You're not the President.
They are the Democrat and Democrat supporting, stone cold losers who cannot accept that Trump is their President. In terms of notable anti-democrats, I would include the sky screamers, and antifa. As for saying any old bullshit who can forget that disgusting pack of lies and the accompanying furore over the appointment of Kavanaugh? How much did these anti-democrats have to back up all of that bullshit?? I don't recall you mentioning anything about them needing something to back that steaming pile of bullshit up!
Old Jul 31st 2019, 12:44 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...rm/2642481002/

The youngest woman ever elected to Congress again made headlines and sparked conservative criticism when she said Monday that she and other young Americans fear "the world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change."

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y., made the remark during an
at the MLK Now event in New York City celebrating the legacy of Martin Luther King Jr.

Ocasio-Cortez called the fight to mitigate the effects of climate change her generation's "World War II."

"Millennials and Gen Z and all these folks that come after us are looking up, and we're like, 'The world is going to end in 12 years if we don't address climate change, and your biggest issue is how are we gonna pay for it?' " she said.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:32 am
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paulry View Post
They are the Democrat and Democrat supporting, stone cold losers who cannot accept that Trump is their President. In terms of notable anti-democrats, I would include the sky screamers, and antifa. As for saying any old bullshit who can forget that disgusting pack of lies and the accompanying furore over the appointment of Kavanaugh? How much did these anti-democrats have to back up all of that bullshit?? I don't recall you mentioning anything about them needing something to back that steaming pile of bullshit up!
Motherfcker, Donald Trump spent the whole of Obama's presidency delegitimizing him with the birth certificate nonsense because he couldn't accept a black man was President. And the rest of the GOP obstructed everything he tried to do, so spare me the lecture on anti-democracy.

As for Kavanaugh I mean what is the world coming to when a guy can't attempt to rape a girl with zero consequences for the rest of his life. It's PC gone mad!

Oh and they had witness testimony, but yeah it was from a girl so she was obviously lying.

Last edited by zargof; Jul 31st 2019 at 1:34 am.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:37 am
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

That 12 years to do something...was something like 20 shortly before they revised to 12, wasn't it?

So the 12 could similarly be revised.

I'm no expert but isn't it also dependent on each year of the 12 actually seeing the necessary reduction, so if there's one year with nothing or not enough done, that wouldn't simply mean we still had 11 it would mean that what was needed in 12 now had to be done in 11, making it all the more important.

Plus, since the desired reduction had not been made in the first of the 12 years, the time remaining for action would be behind schedule and for every below target year, more than a year is lost.

And with Trump currently putting an end to any research that he doesn't like, we'll likely not get that 12 years because it will look - to the USA - as if action isn't needed.

Of course the world isn't going to end in 12 years but it may be the beginning of the end unless action succeeds.
Or someone discovers the equivalent of the Earth not being flat after all.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 3:11 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

What kind of batshittery are you?!?!?
Old Jul 31st 2019, 3:12 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Motherfcker, Donald Trump spent the whole of Obama's presidency delegitimizing him with the birth certificate nonsense because he couldn't accept a black man was President. And the rest of the GOP obstructed everything he tried to do, so spare me the lecture on anti-democracy.

As for Kavanaugh I mean what is the world coming to when a guy can't attempt to rape a girl with zero consequences for the rest of his life. It's PC gone mad!

Oh and they had witness testimony, but yeah it was from a girl so she was obviously lying.
Motherfcker, yeah.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 4:27 am

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Leslie View Post
Motherfcker, yeah.

Old Jul 31st 2019, 7:13 am
Unedicated dropout

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BristolUK View Post
That 12 years to do something...was something like 20 shortly before they revised to 12, wasn't it?

So the 12 could similarly be revised.
Doesn't anyone here read the Beeb, my source for the '18 months' a few posts back?
https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48964736
Old Jul 31st 2019, 1:45 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zzrmark View Post
Doesn't anyone here read the Beeb, my source for the '18 months' a few posts back?
Not routinely. I look when people link to it.

For my comment I was attempting to illustrate how the figure has been subject to downward revision so Boiler's puzzlement at "the end" being brought forward after Trump's second spell at the white house shouldn't really be a puzzle.

A further revision to 18 months reinforces that.

Old Jul 31st 2019, 3:01 pm
Hail Satan!

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

This is a really good post that will probably go completely over his head, but you should be commended for your effort nonetheless.

He's special, isn't he?

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post
Will you ever take a break from your endless takedown of white Western values? The mayocide is on.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 5:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

paulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond reputepaulry has a reputation beyond repute

Motherfcker, yeah.
Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
This is a really good post that will probably go completely over his head, but you should be commended for your effort nonetheless.
Oops, I forgot you are still licking your wounds over the Kavannah accusation debacle which was deeply damaging for the Democrat cause. It seems you still can't come to terms with the fact that an accusation made 20 or 30 years after the supposed event without corroborating evidence is simply not good enough to destroy a person's reputation, their livelihood, their job and possibly take their freedom away from them too. Just be grateful that you live in a country where justice requires more than unsupported accusations - unless you would like to change that too? But you should be careful what you wish for.

As for Trumps birth certificate nonsense, you should have just laughed at it, but instead you chose to get all emotional and offended about it. Maybe you should let a lot of these things go completely over your heads - that way you wouldn't look quite so dumb.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 5:27 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Oops, I forgot you are still licking your wounds over the Kavannah accusation debacle which was deeply damaging for the Democrat cause. It seems you still can't come to terms with the fact that an accusation made 20 or 30 years after the supposed event without corroborating evidence is simply not good enough to destroy a person's reputation, their livelihood, their job and possibly take their freedom away from them too. Just be grateful that you live in a country where justice requires more than unsupported accusations - unless you would like to change that too? But you should be careful what you wish for.

As for Trumps birth certificate nonsense, you should have just laughed at it, but instead you chose to get all emotional and offended about it. Maybe you should let a lot of these things go completely over your heads - that way you wouldn't look quite so dumb.
Lot longer than that, 1982 seems to be the time period. Probably did not help that the Dems used a particularly iffy witness to say the very least. Could have made more of an effort to put something credible together.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 5:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

...Considering that Mr Trump is likely to win another term, isn't all this name calling irrelevant?
Old Jul 31st 2019, 5:34 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Lot longer than that, 1982 seems to be the time period. Probably did not help that the Dems used a particularly iffy witness to say the very least. Could have made more of an effort to put something credible together.
Yeah. The mind boggles.
Old Jul 31st 2019, 5:37 pm
I love my brick!

zargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond reputezargof has a reputation beyond repute

If you really think the whole Kavanaugh thing was damaging to the Democrats, then you're even more deluded than you appear. What it means is that Susan Collins has as good as lost her Senate seat in Maine. Beyond that is has energized women by reminding them of how the GOP are misogynistic scumbags. Although I don't know why they really need reminding.

It's interesting that you say I should have laughed off the birther stuff. Why didn't you just laugh off the Kavanaugh stuff?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.