Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Jul 3rd 2019, 11:58 am
Democracy advocate

Cape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond reputeCape Blue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Originally Posted by UkWinds5353 View Post
No.

The Trump admin has cut off much of the aide we have for years given to several countries to help build up vital services in Central America. And that has made conditions worse in those poor countries. It's common sense that we either help them in their countries or they will try to come to America. Trump has put the word out that he will soon build a wall and keep everybody out and that has created tension in central and south America and they are trying to get here before that happens. Trump is creating a far worse problem.
Fair points.

Although it does sound a bit like a mafioso shake-down - "give us your hard-earned money or we'll move to your house and take it".

Anybody who is a Trump supporter should know the facts.
I assume that's a lazy assumption that I am one.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 1:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Could they not claim asylum in Canada? I think that is what may did after the election.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 4:33 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Steerpike View Post
They are so fed up with ... Trump? What would buggering off to Panama do to change anything about anything? I despise Trump with a passion, but my feelings towards him, and his behavior to the world, won't change one iota regardless of where I choose to live. At least by staying here in the US I will get to vote next year (well fair enough, I guess one can do that from Panama assuming one is a citizen).
I imagine they feel he and the general attitudes generated by his presence in office will have less of an effect on them living away from the US.

Old Jul 3rd 2019, 4:37 pm
Oscar nominated

BristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond reputeBristolUK has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by carcajou View Post
It will do absolutely nothing, they won't follow through, and we all know they won't follow through, which is why these posters are so fun to call out and mock.
Who said they were posters? Jumping to (wrong) conclusions again it seems.

That's also part of being a responsible democratic citizen, you accept that sometimes things don't go your way, and when they don't, you just get on with it...
What, not allowed to try a life elsewhere?
So, yeah sure Panama. send us an e-postcard.
I'll advise them not to waste their time on you.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 6:55 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Difference between a Liner and Tramp service

Originally Posted by social View Post
Liner Service – is a service that operates within a schedule and has a fixed port rotation with published dates of calls at the advertised ports. A liner service generally fulfills the schedule unless in cases where a call at one of the ports has been unduly delayed due to natural or man-made causes.

A Tramp Service or tramper, on the other hand, is a ship that has no fixed routing or itinerary or schedule and is available at short notice (or fixture) to load any cargo from any port to any port.
I think you may be confused between "Tramp" and "Trump". Understandable though.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 8:32 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

Heavy armour moves into the capitol. POTUS will be saying a few words, will probably be trying to keep up with the anthem. Who knows, maybe he's been studying it.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4491073
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 8:42 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this the kind of thing that banana republics do when ran by dictators? Banana republics do the tank parade thing to show they have military power. I think the cat is out of the bag for America on that score.
My British wife might never come back to America once we leave. Conservatives have truly dumbed down America to levels that are surprising even for conservatives.
Originally Posted by caretaker View Post
Heavy armour moves into the capitol. POTUS will be saying a few words, will probably be trying to keep up with the anthem. Who knows, maybe he's been studying it.
https://www.ctvnews.ca/video?playlistId=1.4491073
... How do they know it's not the first stage of a military/ industrial complex Coup to depose Himself? It might be Don't mock, it's happened before.
I have to point out that Sadat was assassinated at a military parade, and during all those years of May Day parades in the Soviet era none of the vehicles, or personnel taking part were allowed live ammunition The KGB saw to that.
Could be that this POTUS may get a surprise all of his own.....
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 8:53 pm

Lion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond reputeLion in Winter has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
... How do they know it's not the first stage of a military/ industrial complex Coup to depose Himself? It might be Don't mock, it's happened before.
I have to point out that Sadat was assassinated at a military parade, and during all those years of May Day parades in the Soviet era none of the vehicles, or personnel taking part were allowed live ammunition The KGB saw to that.
Could be that this POTUS may get a surprise all of his own.....

Expect someone to be knocking at your door any minute! You have coupled two words online that you probably never should.
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 8:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

Isn't this the kind of thing that banana republics do when ran by dictators? Banana republics do the tank parade thing to show they have military power. I think the cat is out of the bag for America on that score.
Are you saying that France, the UK and European allies are "banana republics"?

Recently, it has become customary to invite units from France's close allies to participate in the parade. For instance, in 2004, to mark the centenary of the Entente Cordiale, British troops (the band of the Royal Marines, the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, Grenadier Guards and King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery) led the Bastille Day parade in Paris, with the Red Arrows flying overhead. While British troops had participated in the Bastille Day parades of 14 July 1919 and 1939 (see below), this was the first occasion that invited foreign troops had actually led the parade.[2] In 2007, the parade opened with detachments from all member states of the European Union, flying the European flag. The European anthem was played. (from Wikipedia)
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 9:45 pm
Banned

007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute007Steve has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lion in Winter View Post

Expect someone to be knocking at your door any minute! You have coupled two words online that you probably never should.
Ha!!! They'll have to fight over who gets first 'Pull'& interrogation session in their soundproof underground cellars. Here I am, merely trying to make some helpful suggestions - and the US Military/ Industrial complex takes offence.....
I'm particularly looking forward to the parade's Highlight - the battalion from the Border Force with snarling attack dogs each shaking a rag doll with brown face in their mouths.
I believe relevance is so important in a National Crisis-Management situation like this LiW. It helps settle the mob, and it's a lot, lot cheaper, than bread & circuses
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 9:52 pm

Originally Posted by 007Steve View Post
Ha!!! They'll have to fight over who gets first 'Pull'& interrogation session in their soundproof underground cellars. Here I am, merely trying to make some helpful suggestions - and the US Military/ Industrial complex takes offence.....
I'm particularly looking forward to the parade's Highlight - the battalion from the Border Force with snarling attack dogs each shaking a rag doll with brown face in their mouths.
I believe relevance is so important in a National Crisis-Management situation like this LiW. It helps settle the mob, and it's a lot, lot cheaper, than bread & circuses
From what I've been reading, the border force seems to spend more time on Facebook than anywhere else.

https://www.vox.com/policy-and-polit...-racist-sexist

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/customs...igrant-deaths/
Old Jul 3rd 2019, 10:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Former Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond reputeFormer Lancastrian has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Boiler View Post
Could they not claim asylum in Canada? I think that is what may did after the election.

**** that we have taken in over 50,000 from the US since Donny got elected mind you our guy with the nice hair didn't help matters by putting out that stupid tweet on 28 Jan 2017. There are several hundred who wished they hadn't as they have now been deported from Canada back to their home countries and had they stayed in the USA would have been less likely to have been deported from the USA as many had been on deportation orders for 5 years plus.

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada

Old Jul 4th 2019, 1:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Boiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond reputeBoiler has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Former Lancastrian View Post
**** that we have taken in over 50,000 from the US since Donny got elected mind you our guy with the nice hair didn't help matters by putting out that stupid tweet on 28 Jan 2017. There are several hundred who wished they hadn't as they have now been deported from Canada back to their home countries and had they stayed in the USA would have been less likely to have been deported from the USA as many had been on deportation orders for 5 years plus.

To those fleeing persecution, terror & war, Canadians will welcome you, regardless of your faith. Diversity is our strength #WelcomeToCanada
Odds look good and 50,000 is 10 days worth so a drop in the Ocean.
Old Jul 4th 2019, 11:28 am
BE Forum Addict

Ingles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond reputeIngles has a reputation beyond repute

Theirs always a price to pay if you piss off somebody.
But - piss off USA Vet's & the price goes well up !
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/201...ng-John-McCain
Old Jul 4th 2019, 2:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

zzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond reputezzrmark has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MidAtlantic View Post
Are you saying that France, the UK and European allies are "banana republics"?

Recently, it has become customary to invite units from France's close allies to participate in the parade. For instance, in 2004, to mark the centenary of the Entente Cordiale, British troops (the band of the Royal Marines, the Household Cavalry Mounted Regiment, Grenadier Guards and King's Troop, Royal Horse Artillery) led the Bastille Day parade in Paris, with the Red Arrows flying overhead. While British troops had participated in the Bastille Day parades of 14 July 1919 and 1939 (see below), this was the first occasion that invited foreign troops had actually led the parade.[2] In 2007, the parade opened with detachments from all member states of the European Union, flying the European flag. The European anthem was played. (from Wikipedia)
Ah, good ol' France, a great example of military might.. Ignorant Parisians. Vichy France, where you can wander round and still see signs the Nazis put up, complete with swastika insignia. They've rolled over so often their national flag should be a plain white one.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.