Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Dec 19th 2015, 10:14 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

I love the thoughts of Steven Hawking on the progress of mankind in the last 100yrs .That we have achieved much physically but for too many of us , our mental state has remained in the dark ages where fear and superstition still reign supreme
Old Dec 20th 2015, 7:46 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

GeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond reputeGeniB has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by GeniB View Post
I love the thoughts of Steven Hawking on the progress of mankind in the last 100yrs .That we have achieved much physically but for too many of us , our mental state has remained in the dark ages where fear and superstition still reign supreme
Kind of sums up The Donald
Old Dec 20th 2015, 9:43 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Kind of sums up The Donald
Kind of sums up 90% of the U.S.
Old Dec 28th 2015, 1:17 am
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Kind of sums up 90% of the U.S.
And you're speaking from exactly how much experience ?
Old Dec 28th 2015, 1:22 am
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dc koop View Post
And you're speaking from exactly how much experience ?
Enough. Perhaps not 90% superstition/religionist, maybe 80%...
Old Dec 28th 2015, 11:26 pm
Banned

dc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond reputedc koop has a reputation beyond repute

Enough. Perhaps not 90% superstition/religionist, maybe 80%...
I've traveled to and lived in a few countries but I've found Americans to be kind and generous to a fault. I couldn't count the number of places I've eaten at in various parts of this country but never once have I yet had shoddy, bad or rude service. There's a lot to be said in favour of the American character but unfortunately it's always the negatives that seem to be newsworthy.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 12:34 am
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

The View episode where he says if he wasn't her father he'd be sexually attracted to his daughter could get him a few points in some states.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 12:47 am
F.orum Ape

I've traveled to and lived in a few countries but I've found Americans to be kind and generous to a fault. I couldn't count the number of places I've eaten at in various parts of this country but never once have I yet had shoddy, bad or rude service. There's a lot to be said in favour of the American character but unfortunately it's always the negatives that seem to be newsworthy.
Completely different topic. I am generally very pro-American FWIW.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 4:23 am
Banned

Completely different topic. I am generally very pro-American FWIW.
Well on the thread subject Trump is a disgrace and if he ever becomes President, which he wont, would demean that high office and reduce the US to an international laughing stock
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Well on the thread subject Trump is a disgrace and if he ever becomes President, which he wont, would demean that high office and reduce the US to an international laughing stock
Didn't they say that about a certain film star?
Old Dec 29th 2015, 6:28 am
Crazy Cat Lady

moneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond reputemoneypenny20 has a reputation beyond repute

Were they wrong then?
Old Dec 29th 2015, 7:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by moneypenny20 View Post
Were they wrong then?
Depends on your politics and viewpoint. I think Reagan did a reasonable job,but i am not naive enough to think he did it alone.He had some good advisors. Made some pretty far reaching mistakes though i.e. Being best buddies with Maggie and relaxing the banking restrictions.. Does the Donald have such support?would he even allow it?
Old Dec 29th 2015, 4:32 pm
Banned

If you mean Ronald Reagan he was nothing like Trump. Reagan also had some political experience serving as Governor of the 8th largest economy in the world, California. Trump on the other hand is a loud mouthed Boardroom bully who has made it clear he has no respect for women, makes ridiculous claims on what he would do if he ever got to the White House, some of them in violation of the Constitution perhaps.

His nearest challenger for the GOP nomination is hardly better. Ted Cruz.... God help us !

I have always been an independent voter but looking at people like those two I find myself having to more and more lean towards the democrats this time around

Last edited by dc koop; Dec 29th 2015 at 4:35 pm.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 5:37 pm
F.orum Ape

If you mean Ronald Reagan he was nothing like Trump. Reagan also had some political experience serving as Governor of the 8th largest economy in the world, California. Trump on the other hand is a loud mouthed Boardroom bully who has made it clear he has no respect for women, makes ridiculous claims on what he would do if he ever got to the White House, some of them in violation of the Constitution perhaps.

His nearest challenger for the GOP nomination is hardly better. Ted Cruz.... God help us !

I have always been an independent voter but looking at people like those two I find myself having to more and more lean towards the democrats this time around
Spot on. I liked Reagan. Even the Guvornator wasn't that bad, and miles better than Trump.
Old Dec 29th 2015, 11:42 pm
Stand-up Philosopher

caretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond reputecaretaker has a reputation beyond repute

No no no! Besides taking milk off the school lunch program he supported a murderous regime or two in central America and willfully circumvented the law bargaining for hostages in Iran and got Oliver North to take the fall for him. Even if you ignore him continuing to stay in charge while Alzheimer's disease plainly claimed him his presidency was less than stellar. "Tear down this wall" was partly just opportunity, and firing all the air traffic controllers for going on strike was pretty edgy...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.