Go Back  British Expats > General > Take it Outside!
Reload this Page >

President Trump

President Trump

Old Dec 11th 2015, 2:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Jsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond reputeJsmth321 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: President Trump

Has this been posted here? 11 pages is too many to go through looking for it.

Old Dec 11th 2015, 11:43 am
Pictou County Superstar™

Greenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond reputeGreenhill has a reputation beyond repute

Old Dec 11th 2015, 12:17 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Don't ban Trump from the United Kingdom

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114907
Old Dec 11th 2015, 1:00 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fredbargate View Post
Don't ban Trump from the United Kingdom

https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/114907
Only 30,000 cnuts in the UK. I thought that would be a much higher number.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 2:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SultanOfSwing View Post
One big reason why populist right wing parties are starting to take power in parts of Europe and why trump is so popular is because the liberal political establishment try and prevent discussion of possible issues caused by globalisation and immigration let alone address them. This then gives a huge boost to the populist parties when any problems arise (which will always occur) which can then simply be blamed on the establishment, as by refusing to even discuss possible problems they lose all credibility and appear weak. Lack of discussion obviously also increases the risk of poor policy choices.

Banning Trump from the UK is just another form of censorship and a mistake in the long term even if you don't like him.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 2:51 pm
Grove 4 Life

SultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond reputeSultanOfSwing has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by paw339 View Post
One big reason why populist right wing parties are starting to take power in parts of Europe and why trump is so popular is because the liberal political establishment try and prevent discussion of possible issues caused by globalisation and immigration let alone address them. This then gives a huge boost to the populist parties when any problems arise (which will always occur) which can then simply be blamed on the establishment, as by refusing to even discuss possible problems they lose all credibility and appear weak. Lack of discussion obviously also increases the risk of poor policy choices.

Banning Trump from the UK is just another form of censorship and a mistake in the long term even if you don't like him.
I don't think anyone is going to actually ban him, they really just want to point out how absurd his latest rant on Muslims entering the US is.

Christ though, is there anything the right wing aren't scared of though? Bunch of dribbling wimps.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 3:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

paw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond reputepaw339 has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think anyone is going to actually ban him, they really just want to point out how absurd his latest rant on Muslims entering the US is.

Christ though, is there anything the right wing aren't scared of though? Bunch of dribbling wimps.
I agree he's not going to get banned.

What's interesting about Trump's rant on Muslims is that there is now serious discussion about selectively restricting entry to the US based on risk factors which may include links to certain countries (virtually 100% Muslim).

Reminds me of negotiation tactics where the other party comes out with outrageous demands and then agrees to moderate their position leaving the agreement exactly where they wanted it to end up in the first place and by being flexible seem more reasonable and moderate.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 3:44 pm
Grove 4 Life

What's interesting about Trump's rant on Muslims is that there is now serious discussion about selectively restricting entry to the US based on risk factors which may include links to certain countries (virtually 100% Muslim).

Reminds me of negotiation tactics where the other party comes out with outrageous demands and then agrees to moderate their position leaving the agreement exactly where they wanted it to end up in the first place and by being flexible seem more reasonable and moderate.
There have always been extra obstacles in place for citizens of certain countries with respect to gaining entry (either not being on the Visa Waiver list, or a greatly extended processing time for an immigrant visa being two examples).

I don't know where people get this idea in their heads that the US is somehow easy to get into. Even as a tourist, from a Visa Waiver country you're not guaranteed entry. I know of a few people that got to passport control in Dublin airport and were basically told to get lost because the immigration officer suspected they were going to overstay.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 5:48 pm
F.orum Ape

Shard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond reputeShard has a reputation beyond repute

Good point. Although in Trump's case I don't think he actually cares that much about political ideal, but simply wants to win the presidency and/or bask in publicity.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 5:54 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Giantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond reputeGiantaxe has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Shard View Post
Good point. Although in Trump's case I don't think he actually cares that much about political ideal, but simply wants to win the presidency and/or bask in publicity.
With Trump, it's more of a case that spouting outrageous stuff works:- his Republican Primary poll ratings go up when he does.
Old Dec 11th 2015, 6:53 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

I would have thought it would make a little more sense to ban these guys from entering the UK, but everyone to their own I suppose.

Islamic State - Home Office says 375 jihadists have returned to UK from Iraq and Syria | UK | News | Daily Express
Old Dec 11th 2015, 9:25 pm
I approved this message

Hiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond reputeHiro11 has a reputation beyond repute

Great article by Charles Krauthammer yesterday on the absurdity of Trump:
https://www.washingtonpost.com/opini...198_story.html

This neatly captures my opinions of The Donald and the media reaction to his absurd pronouncements. We're dealing with a circus clown here, folks. We should all move along.
Old Dec 14th 2015, 10:25 pm
BE Enthusiast

Trump Slams Hillary's "Stupid Policies" That Have "Killed Hundreds Of Thousands" | Zero Hedge
Old Dec 14th 2015, 11:07 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

As against estimated getting on for 30,000,000 cnuts in the U.S. who would be willing to vote for Trump in a Presidential election.

Quite a lot of cnuts in the U.S. huh ?
Old Dec 15th 2015, 2:44 am
Grove 4 Life

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly View Post
As against estimated getting on for 30,000,000 cnuts in the U.S. who would be willing to vote for Trump in a Presidential election.

Quite a lot of cnuts in the U.S. huh ?
That's barely 12% of the number of US citizens of voting age, so hardly a concern.

And no, there are considerably more than 30,000,000 ***** in the US. 99.97% of the population of the world are *****.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.